It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast Food Chain Adding Automated Kiosks to 1,000 of Its Restaurants in 2017

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

hmm - different outlets [ all KFC ] - supply different " extras " here in the UK - but it SEEMS random - even revisiting the same place 3 months later - i get different extras - go figure

but - just jcecked - the placew where this occured - on motorway - with no exit for 31miles - go figure where i was going to eat it ?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

my experioence of KFC in the UK france , belguim - all indicate that meals are prepped in the order that they are paid for - so i always use the self order screen if there are people infront of me

i am not sure how it would be feasible to do it any other way

that said - certain itmes are done " on demand " - so despite being second in line - you can offen get an order before the bloke infront of you - IF they have ordered something thats not ready - and you order items thjat are all " ready to go "

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
go figure where i was going to eat it ?

Being from back east, it sort of surprised me the first time an In-n-Out asked me if I planned to eat it in my car, but if you say yes, you get this neat cardboard template thing that holds your fries and burgers in a neat orderly fashion for eating it in a car, plus extra napkins. If you say no, they put the fries in a closed box and double wrap the burgers, no template.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I used a McDonald's Kiosk to order a Fun Meal last month for my Dad. I didn't get my order any faster than the people who placed their order at the counter. What's the incentive for the customer to use the Kiosk method? I thought the Kiosk's purpose is to give you higher priority.

Why would it give you higher priority? That seems nonsensical.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
UPDATE

Now McDonalds is moving on automation "to elevate and modernize the customer experience."

McDonald's Announces High-Tech Plan to Win Back Customers

The company lost more than 500 million customer visits to close competitors since 2012...

To win them back, the company plans to make $1.7 billion of capital expenditures this year, as it continues some efforts already underway and takes some new steps.

..."Through enhanced technology to elevate and modernize the customer experience, ...we have a bold vision for the future and the urgency to act on it," ...

...McDonald's "experience of the future" is coming to about 650 restaurants this year, bringing the chain's number of these stores to nearly 2,500.

In addition, the Golden Arches will continue to expand its mobile order and pay platform. While late to the game, the company is expected to launch the product in 20,000 restaurants by the end of 2017.

Delivery is also an avenue that McDonald's is exploring. ...

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Two different mini-market/gas station chains in Pennsylvania use touch screens exclusively for their food that isn't prepackaged:
Sheetz- businessinsider (touch screen ordering is listed as one of the reasons that people love the stores)
Wawa-

Do you want double meat and extra cheese on that breakfast sandwich? No one has to know if you’re using Wawa’s touch-screen computers, where you can discreetly enter your order – whatever you want.

abcnews.go.com

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Infoshill

Here in France, all the McDonalds are kiosks

of course they are... they always beta test in France, that way it will seem trendy, everyone wants to be trendy...
Trendy? In the country the americans hate only a bit less than Irak? I guess you were trying to be funny, and I didn't get it.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So the point here is that the move to automation is accelerating - the fast food part of the service industry being one example.

Related, also of interest, Disruptive Change - Humans Need Not Apply.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

As I stated in my first post in the thread, I support kiosks and automation in fast food because the quality of the fast food work force sucks.

Can't remember how many times they gotten my order wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join