It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was afraid to watch tonight presidential address

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Props to his speech writers. He went off script a few times, and I thought Ryan was going to have a coronary.

The speech, while lofty and "pretty" sounding -- was one trainwreck of contradictory promises.

The summary of his speech:

He's going to somehow cut taxes, increase spending, balance the budget, and cut the debt.

Yeah. Ok.

That's like me telling you that you can eat as much food as you want on my diet and still loose weight. Maths is hard.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I thought you said you were too afraid to watch it?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I want to go on Twitter and see what he says tonight, but I don't have an account. Can a person just observe it without having an account?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's amazing how when He said they were going to put the American worker first how the dems just sat there like butt hurt idiots.
edit on 28-2-2017 by jkm1864 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
It's amazing how when He said they were going to put the American worker first how the dems just sat there like butt hurt idiots.

Um, you do realize that's tradition, right?

Every single time Obama spoke in front of congress like that every single Republican stayed seated. Every. Time.

This isn't new, and I have no idea why you expect the Democrats to behave any differently than the Republicans did during Obama's two terms.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Props to his speech writers. He went off script a few times, and I thought Ryan was going to have a coronary.

The speech, while lofty and "pretty" sounding -- was one trainwreck of contradictory promises.

The summary of his speech:

He's going to somehow cut taxes, increase spending, balance the budget, and cut the debt.

Yeah. Ok.

That's like me telling you that you can eat as much food as you want on my diet and still loose weight. Maths is hard.

Lol someone has been listening to the dems! His speech was about aiming for goals! Often presidents say they will do something and it ends up in a bill to fund things after their term is up. Please tell me these are not goals we should be trying to reach lol.
Improving our roads, focusing on education, bring back jobs, fixing the trade deficit, enforcing our laws, lowering the cost of health care and the cost of medication, not waging wars over other countries policies.

I heard the dems and they made good points however the speech is about where this administration wants the focus on for its citizens and they took everything he said as if he will get it done in a week or incorrectly. Increasing military spending while decreasing foriegn relations will cause a war! However this guy will ignore everything he said about nato and expecting them to cover their end of the agreement! Or the fact that we will basically govern the way we see fit and allow other countries to do the same to stay out of conflict.

This is what happens when you hear only what you want to hear

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Trump actually did pretty good, mainly by not acting like himself. As long as someone else writes the speech and he reads it off of a teleprompter, he doesn't seem as unhinged.

I can see it working as long as they keep cutting it into short sound bites with everyone ordered to clap after each one, like tonight.

There wasn't any details about anything at all, but I really don't expect well thought out plans from this admin.
Trump said nothing tonight that he hasn't been saying for the last year and a half...You must be a youngster because these 'clap' sessions took place during Obama's speeches to Congress as they did thru every Presidential speech in front of Congress for decades...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I just remembered the ridicilous thread about the witches vs christian prayers. I guess the "attack" was repelled? I'm curious what they come up with next. Like i said nothing is going to happen and what a shocker it didn't. I hope everybody is fine though but the backlash wasn't severe i guess.

The Trump speech was pretty good and on point. The Dems really need to get their # together because the attempts to protest were all pathetic. They don't act like adults at all.
Tonight the Democrat Congress became totally insignificant...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864
That's because this speech was an indictment on those schmucks in the audience who have been in control for the last eight years and did nothing for the American people...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
When trump talked about obamacare they gave him a thumbs down on camera like it was a game show. Lol the american people witnessed all the nonsense!

It is a gameshow. Its theater, for you, for everyone.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Ummm...Ket...tu...Brute'...?

YouSir

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I just remembered the ridicilous thread about the witches vs christian prayers. I guess the "attack" was repelled? I'm curious what they come up with next. Like i said nothing is going to happen and what a shocker it didn't. I hope everybody is fine though but the backlash wasn't severe i guess.

The Trump speech was pretty good and on point. The Dems really need to get their # together because the attempts to protest were all pathetic. They don't act like adults at all.
Tonight the Democrat Congress became totally insignificant...

They became insignificant long before tonight....it's just perpetual insignificance now with no control. Good times ahead! Trump did a nice job on the speech. Dems looked like complete fools as will continue to be the case for the foreseeable future.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I oppose Trump. That's no secret here or anywhere. It was a good speech. It was a speech. Don't forget that. My issue with Trump, and this is true of many of us, is that we simply don't trust the man. His avoidance of hard facts, clinging to 'alternative facts', and apparent non-grasp of the real issues (in the beginning: I'll repeal the ACA in the first weeks I'm President and replace it with a new, big, beautiful plan. Now: healthcare is a lot more complex than anyone knew. Not True Donald. Apparently it was only you who didn't know how complex it was. Should've checked that out before you started making big promises).

Last night's speech was the equivalent of Hoover's 1928, 'A car in every garage, a chicken in every pot'. Except replace the chicken with a unicorn. It was an inspiring, lofty speech. But break it down. We're going to spend $25bn on a wall, $54bn on defense, $1tn on infrastructure, 15% tax cut to businesses, 'big' tax cut for the middle class, finally take care of veterans ($$$), new war on drugs/cartels/bad hombres and somehow we'll balance our budget and reduce the deficit? Allegedly because we're going to 'negotiate'? Donald's documented business model is to stiff contractors --- sign contracts and then not pay them. IT can't work that way at the federal level.

I don't get the new math.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
After listening to the poser's fluffy speech and reading a lot of the thread I have one or two things to say.

Until we learn that partisan bickering and simple obstinance keep anything from getting done that benefits more people in this country, no meaningful change will ever be made.

Trump made a lot of nice fluffy "feel good" points and more promises that sound good but are almost all nearly impossible to deliver on without doing an awful lot of people harm in numerous ways.

Like the business douche he is, he will be looking out for himself and people like himself like I said from the very beginning, and fool all you little people into thinking he's helping you when he is actually exploiting you and doing you harm.

Nothing important was touched upon in his speech or whatever one would call it. We need Obamacare fixed and fine tuned, not gotten rid of. We need to address the student debt crisis in this country, not build some stupid xenophobic wall as a monument to our unfounded and unreasonable fear of outsiders. We need to try to preserve our environment while simultaneously building technologies to put more people to work and get away from the excessive use of fossil fuels, just in case climate change is an actual phenomenon cause by human activity...

Trump needs to be gone as much as he thinks Obamacare needs to be.

He's a #ing idiot.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It was a great speech, I think a lot of naysayers are slowly transitioning over

a reply to: liveandlearn

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
But I ended up feeling very good about it. Actually surprised at the quality of the speech and his presentation.
Disappointed to see Dems continuing to sit though an occasional dem stood esp when he was talking about American workers.

I imagine this change of feeling will be a common thing among many Trump skeptics, at least in the first year.

But the title of your thread........afraid??????? That's how you really felt? Afraid of what exactly? That word is so overused, misused and generally not a true description of one's feelings in this day and age. Does anyone know the definition of that word anymore? Because it seems to have much broader implications and meanings than it used to.

I'm sure you can imagine what type of individual immediately comes to mind with that opening sentence. If that is truly how you felt, please elaborate your fear(s). I am soooo trying to understand this new fear that has griped so many.

edit on 1-3-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
But I ended up feeling very good about it. Actually surprised at the quality of the speech and his presentation.
Disappointed to see Dems continuing to sit though an occasional dem stood esp when he was talking about American workers.

Some things everyone stood cause how could they not, albeit reluctantly.

Pleased to see so much smiling and near the end, even Democrats were standing.

I am a diehard democrat BTW. Trump did sound presidential for perhaps the second ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join