It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Ceases Trump Support, Publicly Blasts Hypocrisy Over Crackdown on Pot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Don't forget that Pense is VP, a very Right Wing conservative Christian. Trump listens to him...do you honestly think Pense will go against his perceived "will of God" and allow MJ in any form to be legalized in the US? Not likely!!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Well like I was telling shooterbrody, maybe this fight is what we need to tip the scales towards legalization. Give a reason to finally legalize out right.

This is actually one issue I agree with conservatives against Obama on. I feel like he didn't do enough to push us towards legalization. Granted, the swing over majority support for legalization didn't tip over til late in his Presidency and there wasn't much he could have done, but at the very least who could have taken a position on legalization as a means to drive policy. He was after all the first President to openly admit to having smoked pot in the past while running for the Presidency.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I hope you are right, but if that is the case, then why is Sessions' antagonizing the industry? Why make comments like this if you aren't intending on following through?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The former potus could have directed the dea to drop it off of the schedule list, or more accurately he could have had the director of the hhs tell dea to pull it off of the schedule list.

But he did not......

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

This was from an "exchange with reporters". Its not like sessions called a press conference to discuss this. For all we know a reporter could have asked him about this when he was between his office and the restroom. I do not think sessions really wants to make any comments about this issue.
The AG is stuck on this issue. His job is to enforce the law. The law on this one is screwy because there are now multiple laws on this issue. No matter what he does it will be "wrong".

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

The former potus could have directed the dea to drop it off of the schedule list, or more accurately he could have had the director of the hhs tell dea to pull it off of the schedule list.

But he did not......

Posted two posts above yours:

This is actually one issue I agree with conservatives against Obama on. I feel like he didn't do enough to push us towards legalization. Granted, the swing over majority support for legalization didn't tip over til late in his Presidency and there wasn't much he could have done, but at the very least who could have taken a position on legalization as a means to drive policy. He was after all the first President to openly admit to having smoked pot in the past while running for the Presidency.

edit on 1-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Like I said. I hope you are right, but that sounds a bit too optimistic for me.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Disagree.

Jesse's mental health notwithstanding, it's a matter of states rights vs federal mandate. If there are states which have voted to make and keep recreational marijuana legal, then the feds should have 0 jurisdiction in those states. The alcohol and private prison industries must be loving every minute of this... *sigh* It's pretty sad when laws are all about corporate profit.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Can you at least wait until there is actually a crackdown to complain?

I am still far from convinced there will be - Sessions is anti marijuana, Trumps position as far as I know was let the states decide.

Jesse is very sensitive on this issue because his wife has used marijuana as a medical treatment very successfully, so it is a personal issue to him. Even Sessions has stated medical marijuana is OK with him, so I think this is just an overreaction.

It really bothers me how so many people find one issue they disagree with and then decide they can never support the politician. This is a ludicrous position as nobody will agree with you on every subject, just as in life nothing is perfect, we have to accept bad with the good.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

The only reason they are cracking down on pot is because they can't reap the rewards in taxes and are dumb enough to make this a political issue.
If it was legal (which I am against) it is only for the money...I think it is safe to say,nobody actually cares what the people think at this point.
Legalization is about money...it is not about helping people...its about money.

If the guvmint can gain control of a billion dollar industry and tax it and raise prices while not caring about people who actually need it....what does that tell you??

Its a hippie version of big pharma....don't be fooled.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Jesse has some emotional problems. He really ought to wait until there is real action taken on this issue before publicly denouncing it.

His actions in choosing his underlings speak volumes. The comments from his underlings paint a very dark picture. At this point it is almost a forgone conclusion that he is coming after your plants. Such hypocrisy in leaving bathroom politics to states but when it comes to a plant there will be full federal enforcement via "cracking down". Back to the days of potentially having your life ruined over a dime bag in your pocket.
You never heard of keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer?
edit on 1-3-2017 by gernblan because: because Google thinks that they can make driverless cars yet they can't get autocorrect right

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

The only reason they are cracking down on pot is because they can't reap the rewards in taxes and are dumb enough to make this a political issue.
If it was legal (which I am against) it is only for the money...I think it is safe to say,nobody actually cares what the people think at this point.
Legalization is about money...it is not about helping people...its about money.

If the guvmint can gain control of a billion dollar industry and tax it and raise prices while not caring about people who actually need it....what does that tell you??

Its a hippie version of big pharma....don't be fooled.

While it may be about the money, a federal legalization effort of marijuana would have several consequences: reduction of prison population size, reduction in the amount of gang warfare over "marijuana turf," reduction in the amount of marijuana farmers in our southern neighbors, an increase in state tax revenue (which really would bind the feds up because that would mean states have less of a dependency upon federal dollars,) and of course the legal system would be overwrought with tons and tons of "let me out of jail" suits from those that are jailed on marijuana related offenses.

But imagine a country where the states/ commonwealths are less dependent upon federal dollars....That's the federal nightmare.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

But imagine a country where the states/ commonwealths are less dependent upon federal dollars....That's the federal nightmare.

And I thought all this time that was the original blueprint....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

If only we lived in a perfect world....a guy gets caught with pot and gets a stiff sentence of 10 years..manslaughter for killing someone,18 months.
It is not a court of justice...its a court of law with uneducated idealistic morons who have no clue about justice and have no life experience other than a book and college or University.....as long as a lawyer sleeps good at night while stroking his ego...all is good....and he gets paid to look down on us like we don't have a clue.
Quite sad.

It is sad how many people are in jail for something that is innocent.
The guvmint is greedy and malicious.

edit on 1-3-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Jesse has stopped supporting Trump because of weed. Guess we can see where Jesse's priorities really are. While I think weed should be legal, I also think Trump should crack down on it, it's the law! How can conservatives claim they care about the law when it comes to immigration, but not when it comes to weed? If you don't like the law, have it changed, don't ask Trump to continue having the government pick and choose which laws should be enforced. That's a banana republic.

posted on Mar, 4 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Jesse Ventura is a moron, he's one of those people who can't talk, he shouts everything and thinks that the louder he shouts the more valid his point becomes.

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If he goes after weed, I will not be voting for him again. I will either abstain, or write in "Mickey Mouse" like I did when voting for my senator.

The only people on the ballot were either a Democrat, Green Party, or.....

John Mccain...

I figured Mickey Mouse would have done a better job than any of those choices.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join