It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Ceases Trump Support, Publicly Blasts Hypocrisy Over Crackdown on Pot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Just when I thought that I couldn't find anymore reason to dislike you other than your ridiculous avatar of a fictional physicist from a #ty sitcom.

When did he backtrack on Mexico paying for the wall?

And when did he promise to deport ALL illegals?

Looks like we have another one grossly distorting the facts to suit their narrative. You probably don't even smoke weed, you are just looking for a reason to bash Trump and anyone that supports him.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I take issue with your stance here.

Let us examine it through the lens of logic.

If one happens to be in a position to witness the beginnings of a threat to someones life, for example a runaway truck, or a person with a bomb vest on, is it in the best interests of parties threatened by those things, to alert them before the truck has hit them, before the vest is detonated, or afterward?

I think the question answers itself, does it not? Clearly, the best time to register ones dismay at the direction a political discussion is going at the administrative level, is before guidance or rulings are issued, not afterward. If you wait until after a thing has passed, after a law has been written, after a guidance issued, then you have to unpick these laws, such guidance as issued, at a later date, rather than nipping them in the bud before they have a negative affect on the lives of citizens. This is a time consuming, often expensive and difficult process, which is all avoidable if people make clear their opinion, and those in power are of a sort to do as their people instruct them, rather than ignoring the will of the people entirely.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Trump even said that he supported medical marijuana at the federal level.

Trump also said Mexico would pay for the wall and that he would deport all illegals. On both of these things he has changed his stance. So if he changed on those things what makes you think he won't change his mind on pot?

Do you just make stuff up on the fly? Or do you work for CNN.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Jesse Ventura is a sensationalist on par with Alex Jones. At one point, a long long long time ago in his life, he was credible. Not anymore. Defending his statements is on par with defending Alex Jones statements, just saying.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Oh look, another one that can't read. I'll refer you to a post of mine from only the previous page:

As far as making the case before action is taken? I hear that argument. Better to get the message across now before it's too late, right? I'm actually not opposed to having a constructive dialogue on the issue, believe it or not.

What I am opposed to is the twisting and manipulating of this administration's policy based on a nonspecific answer given by a less than competent press secretary. Spicer is just a stooge. The best press conferences are when Trump addresses the media himself. That's when we see him call out the fake and very fake news outlets for what they are.

Mr. Ventura and members of ATS have clearly demonstrated that they are emotionally susceptible to the manipulation of facts on the part of the MSM.

One doesn't have to look very hard to see what Trump's thoughts on this issue have been all along. It's also not difficult to see that Sessions was expressing his opinion (something protected by the constitution in our country) for the distaste he has for the marijuana industry. I personally do not share the same sentiment that Sessions or Spicer does, seeing as I'm a frequent recreational user of cannabis.

Sessions never said he was going to crack down on medical or recreational. He just expressed his distaste for it. I do not think that is enough to warrant the response that we have seen from Mr. Ventura and friends at ATS.

And Spicer is a bumbling fool. Trump speaks for Trump. He made no mention of cracking down on state legislated pot in his joint congressional speech last night.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I really only have two questions for Ventura:

1) When did he support Trump (I honestly cant remember him doing so, so how did his support "cease")

2) What was his position on Prop 8, when "the people" spoke? (is full democracy only called for when you don't like the votes outcome?)

The whole "drops support" / "ceases support" or even "as a conservative/Republican" line is getting old when it comes from people that are not what they claim. "I support every initiative/idea from the liberals and the left, but as a conservative republican, I cannot condone the actions of Trump. We should all leave the party". Does this make sense to anyone?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Trouble in paradise huh...

Well it was inevitable.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Trump appointed these people. Trump allowed these stooges into his government.

Sessions has a lot of power to direct the conversation at the legislative level, too much to give to someone whose opinions are at so much variance with those of the people.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I'm convinced that you didn't read this thread in its entirety, let alone the actual words of Sessions, Spicer, and most importantly Trump.

I feel as though you are hopping on a bandwagon with no leg to stand on of your own, and no context.

I'm sure you must enjoy the loud reverberations of the anti-American echo chamber over at BBC and Sky.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I do not watch the BBC News, or Sky in exclusivity.

I watch all available news media, because only by doing so can an accurate picture of the state of things be acquired. It is necessary to observe all potential biases and their action on a given news story, their affect on the shape and tone of reportage on it, in order to parse these things out correctly and reduce them down to a core of actual truth, because the truth is something which leaders and journalists these days (only with very rare exceptions) are rarely seen to be anything other than deathly afraid of, or allergic to.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Part of me was foolishly hoping that the shadow government had been defeated and that Trump was for the people. His actions since taking office prove he is just another puppet doing what he's told.

He is one of THEM.

I still laugh at all the threads talking about him as if he is the savior.

Ostriches gonna ostrich.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: vonclod

Why would they go through all the trouble of a press conference talking about going after it?

You say 'they' but in reality what you're referring to and what all this fuss has been made about by Jesse and others is a reference to an offhanded comment made by Spicer in a press conference.

The press conference itself was not dedicated to the topic. Spicer was asked a specific question and gave a vague answer, while Trump himself has stated repeatedly on the campaign trail that he wasn't going to mess with medical and that he embraces states' rights.

So I'm willing to put money on it that Trump doesn't crack down on state legislated marijuana.

And Jesse, if you're reading this send me a PM and we can make a friendly wager, too.

Sessions has backed up Spicers' comments.
Sessions pushes tougher line on marijuana

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

From your link....

Sessions has not said whether he will revise the Cole memo or step up enforcement in states where pot is legal or decriminalized, but he confirmed Monday that the policy is under review. "Most states have some limits on it and, already, people are violating those limits," the attorney general said. "We're going to look at it. ... and try to adopt responsible policies."

so I guess it comes down to what you think sessions means by responsible policies......

Personally I hope sessions does something stupid and this issue gets kicked up to the supreme court. I seriously doubt scotus will rule for the fed when this was passed by the people of a state.
Maybe we get lucky and the dea gets its head out of its ass and reclassifies it at the same level as alcohol.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I was thinking about this recently and decided that maybe Sessions attacking legal cannabis could turn out to be a good thing. It could invigorate the supporters enough to push for legalization and cause this all to blow up in Sessions' face (hopefully taking his career with him).

Marijuana should be legalized and handled by the ATF and they should be called the ATFC. We need to stop letting DEA warriors dictate drug policy. It is too self-serving at this point.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This thread is beautiful. Never have I seen a more perfect example of a Trump supporter sticking their fingers in their ears and refusing to listen or even look at blatant, obvious, evidence.

Because it has to be everyone else. Couldn't ever be they might actually be wrong about something. Nope. You just aren't hearing Trump like I am. Trump Trump trump.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

At this point we need to be figuring out what "reasonable policies" means to Sessions and how he is going to address the Cole memo. Neither Spicer nor Sessions have addressed that yet.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: underwerks

At this point we need to be figuring out what "reasonable policies" means to Sessions and how he is going to address the Cole memo. Neither Spicer nor Sessions have addressed that yet.

That's what I was thinking. I don't want to be pessimistic, but I hope Session's idea of reasonable policies isn't what it's been up to this point. That's the issue I have with this.

His history with the drug war and statements about cannabis in general give a pretty clear indication of what he thinks of as "reasonable" when it comes to cannabis.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
His history with the drug war and statements about cannabis in general give a pretty clear indication of what he thinks of as "reasonable" when it comes to cannabis.

Yes. Yes it does... And that is what has so many people so worried right now. Sessions is picking a terrible fight to fight and Trump better pay attention here (since he governs so loosely) or he'll be dragged into another really bad controversy. And this one is going to be bi-partisan. Even the Republicans who still don't want marijuana legalized all agree that states' decision to legalize should be honored.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: underwerks

Yes. Yes it does... And that is what has so many people so worried right now. Sessions is picking a terrible fight to fight and Trump better pay attention here (since he governs so loosely) or he'll be dragged into another really bad controversy. And this one is going to be bi-partisan. Even the Republicans who still don't want marijuana legalized all agree that states' decision to legalize should be honored.

I see this as the big test for his administration. They have a chance to either actually do what's right for a change, or they can go backwards towards a Ronald Reagan war on drugs mentality.

I'm glad we've reached a point where this is a bipartisan issue, and most of America realizes the farce that cannabis prohibition is.

But as long as dinosaurs like Sessions that support prohibition and private prisons hold positions like Attorney General, there will always be that chance of slipping backward. Hopefully they'll hear the voices of the people this time, instead of the pharma lobby that has been stuffing cash in their pockets for decades.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree.
These quotes are not from a press conference on the issue. These are from "an exchange with reporters at the justice department". Whatever that means. I do not think Sessions wants any involvement on this issue in any way, shape, or form.

And there is this little caveat .....Do not forget congress passed a law pulling the funding for the fed to go after any medical use in compliance with state laws. Then federal court ruled the law prevents the government from spending money on prosecutions of people whose marijuana activities were legal in their states.

This issue is a loser for the fed and sessions knows it. That is why he asked for congress to clear up the confusion and pass a law reforming its legal status.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join