It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Ceases Trump Support, Publicly Blasts Hypocrisy Over Crackdown on Pot

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You really might want to put the weed down for a day or two and try to get a grip on reality.

Let's examine what Sessions said today:

“I’m not sure we’re going to be a better, healthier nation if we’re going to have marijuana being sold at every corner grocery store,” he said.

That does not equate to - we are going to kick the doors in on every medical/recreational dispensary in the nation.

And for the last #ing time,

Sessions is not the president. What he said does not matter.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You really might want to put the weed down for a day or two and try to get a grip on reality.

Let's examine what Sessions said today:

“I’m not sure we’re going to be a better, healthier nation if we’re going to have marijuana being sold at every corner grocery store,” he said.

That does not equate to - we are going to kick the doors in on every medical/recreational dispensary in the nation.

And for the last #ing time,

Sessions is not the president. What he said does not matter.

You only quoted the part that you think holds up your argument. Surprise surprise. Here's the part I'm interested in:

Attorney General Jeff Sessions hinted that the Department of Justice might begin more aggressive enforcement of federal laws against recreational marijuana, even in states that have legalized it.

Speaking at the National Association of Attorneys General’s annual winter meeting on Tuesday, Sessions said that the agency might enforce laws in eight states and Washington, D.C., that have legalized recreational marijuana.

www.yahoo.com...

Well gee, Sessions said he might enforce laws where recreational marijuana is legal. So, according to you, that means he won't enforce laws where recreational marijuana is legal.

Didn't you mention something about being rational in in one of your posts?

ETA: Sessions decides HIMSELF whether to enforce the federal laws that already exist about cannabis. Trump can make a recommendation, but its up to him what he chooses to do. And today, he said he might go after legal cannabis.

Those are facts. Don't be obtuse because you're losing an argument.
edit on 1-3-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Attorney General Jeff Sessions hinted that the Department of Justice might begin more aggressive enforcement of federal laws against recreational marijuana, even in states that have legalized it.

Speaking at the National Association of Attorneys General’s annual winter meeting on Tuesday, Sessions said that the agency might enforce laws in eight states and Washington, D.C., that have legalized recreational marijuana.

Those aren't even Sessions' own words, not to mention your own source couldn't verify whether he might or might not take any action.

What I did was actually quote Sessions' own words which I'm apparently going to have to repeat to you since you're clearly too stoned to read coherently:

And again, none of this matters because Sessions' isn't in a position of authority to undermine the POTUS's will.

And the POTUS has repeatedly stated that he is in favor of states' rights and federal medical marijuana.

The level of ignorance coming from you is astonishing. If your dispensary fails you should seek employment at CNN, your gross misrepresentation of facts and comments made by the president should qualify you for a entry level position, possibly a production assistant.

ETA: Sessions decides HIMSELF whether to enforce the federal laws that already exist about cannabis. Trump can make a recommendation, but its up to him what he chooses to do. And today, he said he might go after legal cannabis.

False. Sessions does not get to go around the president.

And can you give me one example in the history of the US where the AG appointed by the POTUS has ever contradicted the policy of the POTUS?

You lost this argument four days ago. Debating you is like debating a toddler.

edit on 3/1/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Those aren't even Sessions' own words, not to mention your own source couldn't verify whether he might or might not take any action.

What I did was actually quote Sessions' own words which I'm apparently going to have to repeat to you since you're clearly too stoned to read coherently:

And again, none of this matters because Sessions' isn't in a position of authority to undermine the POTUS's will.

And the POTUS has repeatedly stated that he is in favor of states' rights and federal medical marijuana.

The level of ignorance coming from you is astonishing. If your dispensary fails you should seek employment at CNN, your gross misrepresentation of facts and comments made by the president should qualify you for a entry level position at CNN.

Bhahaha.

Are you listening to yourself?

It's clear you haven't researched any articles about what Sessions said today, so here a little more:

"This is the kind of argument that’s been made out there, almost a desperate attempt to defend the harmlessness of marijuana or even its benefits,” he said. “I doubt that’s true. Maybe science will prove I’m wrong, but at this point in time you and I have a responsibility to use our best judgment – that which we’ve learned over a period of years – and speak truth as best we can. My best view is that we don’t need to be legalizing marijuana.”

www.usnews.com...
And another article:
www.attn.com...

What you are saying contradicts the very words EVERYONE in this administration has said recently, including Sessions own words today. And it's right here, directly in front of you.

I leave it up to the readers to ponder on why you can't accept facts while they are staring you straight in the face.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

"This is the kind of argument that’s been made out there, almost a desperate attempt to defend the harmlessness of marijuana or even its benefits,” he said. “I doubt that’s true. Maybe science will prove I’m wrong, but at this point in time you and I have a responsibility to use our best judgment – that which we’ve learned over a period of years – and speak truth as best we can. My best view is that we don’t need to be legalizing marijuana.

Where in this quote from Sessions did he say that he was going to take on the Marijuana Industrial Complex?

Sessions said he doesn't think it should be legalized. How does that equate to 'we are going to conduct massive raids on dispensaries nationwide?'

Marijuana can be decriminalized and still not be legalized, you know. Or I guess you don't know, since you're completely ignorant on the chain of command in DC.

And furthermore, you've continued to dodge and deflect Trump's own words on the issue.

And you're just outright wrong about Sessions having superior authority over the president.

If Trump orders Sessions not to interfere with states' rights and Sessions cracks out of turn, not only would it be totally unprecedented but it could actually get Sessions fired.

And you've also failed to give me an example of an appointed AG undermining the president's policy.

You've utterly failed at every attempt to refute my arguments. You've repeatedly ignored the president's own words on the issue. And you've demonstrated to me and to all of ATS that you are completely incapable of having an intelligent discussion without putting your fingers in your ears and saying 'na na na I can't hear you.'

Trump said that he believes medical marijuana should be federally legalized. You should be elated that this man is in office.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The White House Press Secretary's job IS to speak for the President.

Wikipedia
The White House Press Secretary is a senior White House official whose primary responsibility is to act as spokesperson for the executive branch of the United States government administration, especially with regard to the President, senior executives, and policies.

Sean Spicer isn't going out there every day just riffing on what he personally thinks - he takes his orders from the President. To even suggest that the White House Press Secretary is an agent unto himself is pretty disingenuous.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Nobody suggested that Spicer is an agent unto himself.

I merely suggested that Spicer spoke out of turn. And ultimately, Spicer is not the president and he doesn't get to set the agenda.

Quoting the job description of the press secretary from Wikipedia is not only a pathetic ad hominem but it's also quite condescending. You should probably back it up and read what has been posted in this thread before jumping the gun like the other guy beating a dead horse.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

"This is the kind of argument that’s been made out there, almost a desperate attempt to defend the harmlessness of marijuana or even its benefits,” he said. “I doubt that’s true. Maybe science will prove I’m wrong, but at this point in time you and I have a responsibility to use our best judgment – that which we’ve learned over a period of years – and speak truth as best we can. My best view is that we don’t need to be legalizing marijuana.

Where in this quote from Sessions did he say that he was going to take on the Marijuana Industrial Complex?

Sessions said he doesn't think it should be legalized. How does that equate to 'we are going to conduct massive raids on dispensaries nationwide?'

Marijuana can be decriminalized and still not be legalized, you know. Or I guess you don't know, since you're completely ignorant on the chain of command in DC.

And furthermore, you've continued to dodge and deflect Trump's own words on the issue.

And you're just outright wrong about Sessions having superior authority over the president.

If Trump orders Sessions not to interfere with states' rights and Sessions cracks out of turn, not only would it be totally unprecedented but it could actually get Sessions fired.

And you've also failed to give me an example of an appointed AG undermining the president's policy.

You've utterly failed at every attempt to refute my arguments. You've repeatedly ignored the president's own words on the issue. And you've demonstrated to me and to all of ATS that you are completely incapable of having an intelligent discussion without putting your fingers in your ears and saying 'na na na I can't hear you.'

Trump said that he believes medical marijuana should be federally legalized. You should be elated that this man is in office.

More backflips, deflection, and rationalizing.

You know what makes my argument different than yours? My evidence is right there in front of you, literally.

For yours to make sense, you have to assume.

That's pretty much it. And it's painfully obvious to anyone that has to read through your responses.

But please, keep telling me how those few quotes by Donald on the campaign trail outweigh all the evidence I've shown so far in this thread, as to their intentions.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

More backflips, deflection, and rationalizing.

Oh really? I'm the one deflecting and yet you've still failed to:

1. Address Trump's own words
2. Show me a case of an appointed AG undermining the president's policy
3. Show me where Sessions said he was going to crack down on state legislated marijuana
4. Failed to even acknowledge the fact that Trump said he endorses federal legal marijuana

You know what makes my argument different than yours? My evidence is right there in front of you, literally.

For yours to make sense, you have to assume.

How am I assuming? I'm quoting the ultimate authority on this issue, which is Trump. You're the one quoting hit pieces from CNN where they use ambiguous words like might and hint.

You're projecting all of your logical fallacies onto my words, a clear cut case of delusional thinking. Seriously, you might want to put the joint down for a week or two, take an online debate class, and come back and try to reclaim some of your dignity.

But please, keep telling me how those few quotes by Donald on the campaign trail outweigh all the evidence I've shown so far in this thread.

I will continue to rub it in your face that Trump has repeatedly stated that he is in favor of states' rights, how he actually endorsed legal medical at the federal level, and how his words and policies ultimate outweigh spicer, sessions, and everyone else.

When will you acknowledge that in order for your argument to make any sense it requires vast amounts of assumptions, many of which are confounded in pure speculation.

When will you acknowledge that Trump endorsed federal medical marijuana?

When will you acknowledge that the AG cannot undermine the president?

When will you acknowledge that CNN has grossly distorted the facts in order to invoke fear?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Sessions can spew his biased, uninformed opinions all he wants but he'll never make any major headway. The Cannabis Culture is so firmly entrenched in certain states that the Fed will never be able to stop it. The cat's out of the bag and Sessions is sorely mistaken if he thinks he can stuff it back in.

I assume he's gonna use his rhetoric to attempt to discourage any additional states from legalizing the recreational. Basically try to throw a monkey wrench in the cannabis movement. There is no way in hell Trump and Co could ever stop it; they can only hope to contain it. It might be a minor speed bump for the states who haven't passed legislation yet. As for the West Coast, Colorado, etc, it'll be business as usual.

I wonder if those clowns even know that the more laws they make, the more profitable the business becomes. Most growers I know in Cali were disappointed that we legalized the recreational.
edit on 3 1 2017 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Profusion

Jesse has some emotional problems. He really ought to wait until there is real action taken on this issue before publicly denouncing it.

If people waited until there was "real action" then it would be too late wouldn't it!

Best to let him know BEFORE he "takes real action" so that he may think twice before going against the will of the people.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Actually I read the entire thread, thanks.

I don't think that people in the Trump Administration are just going to go out and say what they personally believe if they don't think the President has their back. This would indicate that he's not in control of his own subordinates and I don't think he tolerates insubordination. No one is acting on their own accord.

You aren't the only one here following the line of thinking that unless Trump says something specifically himself it's not the message coming from the White House, which, and this is only my opinion, is illogical. I didn't even reply to you.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Well gee, Sessions said he might enforce laws where recreational marijuana is legal.

That statement is a testament to the fact that you didn't read any other articles either and you're just parroting fake news. I love how you tried to squirm your way out of it though.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

I don't think that people in the Trump Administration are just going to go out and say what they personally believe if they don't think the President has their back. This would indicate that he's not in control of his own subordinates and I don't think he tolerates insubordination. No one is acting on their own accord.

I've already demonstrated cases where Pence has made statements contradictory to Trump, where Trump's policy ultimately trumped Pence.

It's not a matter of Spicer coming out and corroborating something he heard from Trump in confidence. If it was a policy directly ordered by Trump it would have been stated as such. Instead, spicer was asked a specific question to which he gave a nonspecific answer. The answer actually does contradict what Trump has himself repeatedly stated on the campaign trail.

No one can say Trump hasn't been owning up to his promises, or at least making every effort to.

As far as making the case before action is taken? I hear that argument. Better to get the message across now before it's too late, right? I'm actually not opposed to having a constructive dialogue on the issue, believe it or not.

What I am opposed to is the twisting and manipulating of this administration's policy based on a nonspecific answer given by a less than competent press secretary. Spicer is just a stooge. The best press conferences are when Trump addresses the media himself. That's when we see him call out the fake and very fake news outlets for what they are.

And in this case, I do believe Spicer misspoke. And in the case of Sessions, I believe he has stated his opinion publicly which he has a right to do. However, as I have already pointed out repeatedly in this thread and others, Sessions is not the ultimate authority on the issue of medical/legal marijuana. Trump will dictate the policy, Sessions will enforce it.

The fact that Trump has already stated that he believes medical marijuana should be legalized should have you all jumping with joy. But instead, you (not specifically you Pete) all would rather jump the gun and lash out at this administration because of some grossly misrepresented hit piece by CNN and friends. It's really disconcerting.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Don't worry folks, I'm gonna talk to the white people and see if we can fix this.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

I'm willing to put $100 USD on a bet with any member of ATS.

What's the wager you ask?

Whether or not the Trump administration will crack down on state legislated recreational marijuana.

Are any of you willing to put money on it? I'm willing to bet $100 that they do not crack down on state legislated recreational marijuana.

Get your paypal accounts ready, we'll take it to escrow.

Sessions just said they are going to. Are you deaf? No. Perhaps daft. Maybe they wont, but they sure did just say they will.

Trump lied about this during the campaign. And he will lose the next election over this if he goes through with the crackdown.

What happened to all the republicans who claim to want states rights? (Ive always been in favor of increased states rights)
Crickets. Youre as bad of hypocrites as the new left.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Sessions just said they are going to.

Source?

Trump lied about this during the campaign.

Source?

edit: send me a PM and we'll set up that 100$ bet in escrow, if you're so confident

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Oh, so Mr. "Off the Grid" is running out of money again and needs a pick-me-up by saying stupid stuff? Not surprised.

What I am surprised is that people still respond to your threads which you typically abandon after a hit OP. I looked at your stats out of curiosity, and to no surprise you respond on average ONE time to your own threads

Total Threads - 1064
Total Posts - 2121

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Trump even said that he supported medical marijuana at the federal level.

Trump also said Mexico would pay for the wall and that he would deport all illegals. On both of these things he has changed his stance. So if he changed on those things what makes you think he won't change his mind on pot?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join