It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Ceases Trump Support, Publicly Blasts Hypocrisy Over Crackdown on Pot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
One one side we have an older guy with odd hair criticizing another older guy with odd hair.

Seems legit.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Get the exact quote from Spicer so everyone here knows what you're talking about.

Sessions' thoughts on the issue are irrelevant, as he is not the president and he is not congress. Therefor he is in no position to pass new legislation.

I'd love to take your money, kid. I've been betting since the election and haven't lost yet.

$$$

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Get the exact quote from Spicer so everyone here knows what you're talking about.

Sessions' thoughts on the issue are irrelevant, as he is not the president and he is not congress. Therefor he is in no position to pass new legislation.

I'd love to take your money, kid. I've been betting since the election and haven't lost yet.

$$$

I'm not going to go digging to pull out the same quote you've been shown over and over on more than one thread, that you still try to argue means something completely different.

Seriously? Get over yourself. This would be the third time you've been shown you're wrong, and I doubt you would acknowledge it, as usual.

Session's has everything to do with it, all he has to do is enforce existing laws, and recreational is out the door. I would hope you would know that, as its been explained to you more than one time.

Honestly, I would make that bet with you, but by your posting history and tone, you aren't someone I'd rush to get in a financial transaction with.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Has Trump himself said anything about marijuana since taking office?

I don't think so.

I have never seen so many chicken littles.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Has Trump himself said anything about marijuana since taking office?

I don't think so.

I have never seen so many chicken littles.

Does Spicer not speak for Trump?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Trump speaks for Trump.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Trump speaks for Trump.

So we should ignore Spicer's words on the administrations policies?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I wouldn't project my own interpretation into Spicer's words. And I would wait for the POTUS to comment on the subject directly or until he takes direct action on this issue, before getting all worked up.

But that's just me, I try to be rational.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So many clueless people.

He has said that it is up to Congress to change the law. He is absolutely correct.

It is NOT up to the President to decide what laws to follow and which ones not to.

This also applies to all of the three letter agencies.

When Congress get off their fat butts and do something you will be watching the President sign it into law and he is likely to say, 'About time.'

P

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I wouldn't project my own interpretation into Spicer's words. And I would wait for the POTUS to comment on the subject directly or until he takes direct action on this issue, before getting all worked up.

But that's just me, I try to be rational.

You do seem like you'd have to walk outside in the rain before you realize you get wet.

You're already projecting your own interpretation on Spicer's words, while accusing us of the same thing, without a hint of irony. And to top it off, your interpretation is the opposite of the literal meaning of the words he used.

Really, I hope this is the last time I have to repeat the same thing over and over to you. If you want to troll with your Trump brand glasses on, cool. But understand some of us take this issue very seriously and a large part of our lives depend on what this administration does in regards to this issue.

There's more than enough reason to be worried about this administration's draconian ideas and policies, given the rhetoric coming from them.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Hello.

I smoke weed everyday whether it is legal or not.

Based on Trump's own words and his campaign promises I have no reason to believe there will be any federal crack down of state legislated marijuana.

All of this is just noise. And I very much look forward to watching you eat your own words in the future.

SOURCE

In a television interview on July 29, 2016 with KUSA-TV in Colorado, Trump said: "I wouldn’t do that [using federal authority to shut down recreational marijuana], no … I wouldn’t do that … I think it’s up to the states, yeah. I’m a states person. I think it should be up to the states, absolutely."

In a radio interview with WWJ Newsradio 950 in Michigan on March 8, 2016, Trump said "I think it certainly has to be a state — I have not smoked it — it’s got to be a state decision … I do like it, you know, from a medical standpoint … it does do pretty good things. But from the other standpoint, I think that it should be up to the states."

At a campaign rally in Sparks, Nevada on Oct. 29, 2015, Trump said: "The marijuana thing is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states. It should be a state situation ... but I believe that the legalization of marijuana – other than for medical because I think medical, you know I know people that are very, very sick and for whatever reason the marijuana really helps them - … but in terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state."

See the video here.

Not only has Trump repeatedly stated that he is in favor of states' rights but he even went as far as to say that he would support medical marijuana on the federal level. Sounds to me like Big Pharma is shaking in their boots, probably why they invested so many millions into HRC's campaign.

So you, Mr. Ventura, and many others here on ATS need to take a step back and think before you lash out at click bait headlines being peddled by the MSM.

edit on 3/1/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Hello.

I smoke weed everyday whether it is legal or not.

Based on Trump's own words and his campaign promises I have no reason to believe there will be any federal crack down of state legislated marijuana.

All of this is just noise. And I very much look forward to watching you eat your own words in the future.

It's just noise TO YOU. You believe the opposite of what the administration has already explicitly stated in public. Why? I'll leave that up for debate.

And if Trump doesn't crack down? I'll give you a giant high five, because I'll still have my job. There are no "words to eat" here, though your hoping that happens lays your motivations out clearly. For everyone to see.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

See my above edit.

Spicer cracked out of turn. It happens. Don't get all worked up for nothing.
edit on 3/1/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

See my above edit.

And?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Read Trump's own words. Watch him speak for himself.

Or are you going to continue to ignore the facts?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
When did Jesse ever support Trump?

Guy's gone off the deep end, too much sun and tequila in Mexico. Also lost respect for him with how he handled ATS as a guest.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Read Trump's own words. Watch him speak for himself.

Or are you going to continue to ignore the facts?

You mean these words, or are they not convenient for what you want to believe?

Trump took varying positions on marijuana during his campaign for president. He said during remarks in June 2015 that legal recreational use was "bad," adding he felt "strongly about it."

www.cnn.com...
Or how about the views of the current Trump administration-

“I do believe that you’ll see greater enforcement of [recreational marijuana],” Spicer told reporters during the daily White House press briefing. “There’s two distinct issues here: medical marijuana and recreational marijuana. I think when you see something like the opioid addiction crisis blossoming in so many states around this country, the last thing we should be doing is encouraging people.

Or how about the words of the new Attorney General-

At a Senate drug hearing in April, Sessions said that “we need grown-ups in charge in Washington to say marijuana is not the kind of thing that ought to be legalized, it ought not to be minimized, that it’s in fact a very real danger.”

He added that lawmakers and leaders in government needed to foster “knowledge that this drug is dangerous, you cannot play with it, it is not funny, it’s not something to laugh about . . . and to send that message with clarity that good people don’t smoke marijuana.”

www.washingtonpost.com...
Or, if I really wanted to go all out, I'd post Sessions comments he made today-

Attorney General Jeff Sessions hinted that the Department of Justice might begin more aggressive enforcement of federal laws against recreational marijuana, even in states that have legalized it.

Speaking at the National Association of Attorneys General’s annual winter meeting on Tuesday, Sessions said that the agency might enforce laws in eight states and Washington, D.C., that have legalized recreational marijuana.

www.yahoo.com...

Your premise that the anger over this is just "noise" falls flat, as the words from this administration speak for themselves as recently as today. Please though, keep telling me how I'm ignoring evidence.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I don't think he ever publicly endorsed or supported Trump. In fact, Ventura was an outspoken supporter of Bernie Sanders until he was systematically removed by the DNC.

Ventura did comment on Trump to Alex Jones a few times during the election. Once he said that when he was running for governor of Minnesota he asked Trump for a campaign contribution (which Trump did give him).

On another occasion he commented casually on Trump as a person, stating that he didn't believe that Trump was a racist or a bigot and then proceeded to criticize (and rightfully so) the MSM for taking statements made by Trump out of context and equating them to white supremacy.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Way to completely dodge and deflect from Trump's own words on the issue.

It doesn't matter what Sessions said.

It doesn't matter what Spicer said.

Mike Pence has repeatedly made contradicting statements about Trump & Russia, that doesn't mean Pence speaks for Trump or vice versa.

Trump even said that he supported medical marijuana at the federal level.

And your source for this quote:

Trump took varying positions on marijuana during his campaign for president. He said during remarks in June 2015 that legal recreational use was "bad," adding he felt "strongly about it."

Taken from a CNN hit piece done four days ago. They [CNN], just like you, are ignoring every direct answer Trump gave about the issue.

I gave you three examples of Trump saying he wasn't going to interfere with state legislated marijuana, recreational or medical.

I even gave you a link to a video where Trump endorses federal medical marijuana.

And you still dodge, deflect, distract, ignore. You are pathetic, dude! You are just as guilty of fear mongering and misinformation as CNN.

You need to get over yourself.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Did you even listen to what Sessions said today?

How do you like your crow seasoned, again?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join