It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura Ceases Trump Support, Publicly Blasts Hypocrisy Over Crackdown on Pot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

“I thought Donald Trump ran his campaign as ‘a man of the people.’ Someone who vowed to end the corporate takeover of our government, someone who vowed to bring jobs back,” Ventura asserted. “Even thinking about reversing state law and making legalized recreational marijuana illegal is going against the people’s will. This is going against job creation and a reliable part of a state’s economy. The citizens of these states VOTED to make recreational marijuana legal. It wasn’t the politicians, it was WE THE PEOPLE. Obviously President Trump is following in the footsteps of every president that came before him: he thinks the Government knows what is best for us.”

Since Inauguration Day, critics have blasted Trump for not only failing to drain the swamp as promised but for actively padding top positions with the same Big Bank financiers and industry insiders the American public was told would be booted from Washington.

Jesse Ventura Ceases Trump Support, Publicly Blasts Hypocrisy Over Crackdown on Pot

I think we can all agree that the Trump administration's crackdown on legalized marijuana is a betrayal of his supporters. He had said that the issue should be left up to the states.

I believe the evidence suggests that the Trump administration has a very dark motive for going after legalized marijuana.

Follow the Money: Former Sessions Aides are Lobbyists for Private Prisons Group

Going after legalized marijuana will be a great way to fill up those private prisons. All that business will sure help make America great again, won't it?

A YouTuber predicted that Trump would bring back slavery because "slavery is what made America great." I thought that was a bizarre and impossible idea, but now it looks like reality.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Jesse has some emotional problems. He really ought to wait until there is real action taken on this issue before publicly denouncing it.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Jesse has some emotional problems. He really ought to wait until there is real action taken on this issue before publicly denouncing it.

I disagree. I do not know about Ventura's emotional make up as you seem to suggest that you do, but we all need to denounce this type of thinking from the Trump administration..

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

His actions in choosing his underlings speak volumes. The comments from his underlings paint a very dark picture. At this point it is almost a forgone conclusion that he is coming after your plants. Such hypocrisy in leaving bathroom politics to states but when it comes to a plant there will be full federal enforcement via "cracking down". Back to the days of potentially having your life ruined over a dime bag in your pocket.
edit on 28-2-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Why wait? The claim is that he listens so let him know before any action is taken. Why waste time on things he is going to reverse when you ask him?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Yes, Jesse! Hear! Hear!

He's absolutely right and I thought conservatives were ALL about states rights? But what did anyone expect when he put Sessions on the team? On the same day Trump Team announced crack down on pot they also announced support of private prisons. These private prisons rely on pot to lock people up because more people behind bars means more profit.

Antiestablishment candidate/prez my ass.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What a weak attack. Nowhere in that statement did he come off as emotional but you know who does come as emotionally unbalanced? Trump when he's tweeting, like during the botched SEAL raid.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm willing to put $100 USD on a bet with any member of ATS.

What's the wager you ask?

Whether or not the Trump administration will crack down on state legislated recreational marijuana.

Are any of you willing to put money on it? I'm willing to bet $100 that they do not crack down on state legislated recreational marijuana.

Get your paypal accounts ready, we'll take it to escrow.

edit on 2/28/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I sincerely hope he doesn't come after the legal cannabis industry. If he does, he can expect a hell of a fight.

I'm proud I live in a state that made it known they wouldn't follow his administration's wishes. I only hope others have the fortitude to resist this encroachment on our individual liberties and states rights.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

So I take it you're not up for the bet?

One down.

Anybody else?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

a reply to: underwerks

So I take it you're not up for the bet?

One down.

Anybody else?

Why would I bet against my own interests? And gambling is against the T&C here.

Sounds like the Stephen Miller speech tonight has somebody feeling themselves haha.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, it might be safe to assume that Jesse likes to smoke a bit.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Although I dont care for the general tone we've heard so far TrumpCo., I also think people are jumping to extreme conclusions with the actual few words there have been.

Irregardless, even if they were speaking the same language as Obama had, everyone should still fuming and protesting the issue until this War On Everyone is over.

IF WE END THE WAR ON POT (was the article):

edit on 28-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I'm willing to put $100 USD on a bet with any member of ATS.

What's the wager you ask?

Whether or not the Trump administration will crack down on state legislated recreational marijuana.

Are any of you willing to put money on it? I'm willing to bet $100 that they do not crack down on state legislated recreational marijuana.

Get your paypal accounts ready, we'll take it to escrow.

I'd bet with you, not against
Complete and utter Waste of political capital. They are not that stupid. They are not touching gay marriage either.
Abortion is the only issue democrats should have some concern.

Good on Jesse for bringing it up.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Why would they go through all the trouble of a press conference talking about going after it?
If they had no intentions they would just say nothing..IMHO

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Why would they go through all the trouble of a press conference talking about going after it?

You say 'they' but in reality what you're referring to and what all this fuss has been made about by Jesse and others is a reference to an offhanded comment made by Spicer in a press conference.

The press conference itself was not dedicated to the topic. Spicer was asked a specific question and gave a vague answer, while Trump himself has stated repeatedly on the campaign trail that he wasn't going to mess with medical and that he embraces states' rights.

So I'm willing to put money on it that Trump doesn't crack down on state legislated marijuana.

And Jesse, if you're reading this send me a PM and we can make a friendly wager, too.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Democrats generally are for people's freedom to live as they choose (drugs, gay marriage, abortion) - although some are anti-gun, which is, of course, stupid. Point being, overall, Dems are for legal marijuana.

Republicans are supposed to be all about personal freedom, though strangely, it is often Republicans who wish to restrict personal freedom.

I think, as a matter of common decency, any elected or appointed official who wants marijuana to be illegal should be forced to get on live TV and speak the following words:

"I, (title/name) declare myself an anti-American enemy of freedom, and I believe marijuana should be illegal. The government is here to decide how you live your life, and anyone who doesn't agree is a criminal. I will now accept my forehead brand with the letters 'AAEF', indicating forever that I am an Anti-American Enemy of Freedom, and a traitor."

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Ok, fair enough, I have not seen the full PC, in Canada we are about a year away from recreational being fully legal.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

As was evidenced in two other threads, the answer Spicer gave wasn't a vague answer. You like to interpret it that way because it matches what you already want to think, as a Trump supporter.

The attitudes expressed by Spicer are a reflection of this administration, and especially Jeff Sessions, who's thoughts on marijuana have been public record for almost 30 years.

Don't expect anyone else to just inherently believe Donald Trump has their best interest at heart, especially when it runs counter to the republican agenda.
edit on 28-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Jesse must still be butthurt over all that ass-kissing he did, only to not get picked or even considered for VP.

He and Chris Christie should start a support group for neglected ass-kissers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join