It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orthogonal Thinking - I Riddle you a Koan from the Hidden Mind of the Ancients

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

I think I may understand the humor of it, the Master already has the fruit and is already the tree which means he is asking for something he already has.

BodiDharma traveling from West to East represents him transitioning from the fruit to the tree, becoming the Master himself in the process who bears the fruit.

Is that a little closer?

He's making a joke. Bring me a female to know. The tree is now a right angle to follow up to the brain. Why does the tree have 33 steps? What hangs from the tree at the top? How can you make the mind ripe (activated) to know the tree? East and West as one? The secret is in the Gospel of Thomas.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I assume you mean this:

22. Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the (Father's) kingdom."
They said to him, "Then shall we enter the (Father's) kingdom as babies?"
Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter [the kingdom]."

In that case I would say that the fruit and the tree are one and the same. Every tree was once a fruit and every fruit will be a tree.

And the tree has 33 steps because there are 33 vertebrae along the spine. The Kundalini starts at the base of the spine and moves up along the 33 vertebra and through the seven chakras or "churches" and finally to the tree of life and the fruit hanging from it, the pineal gland.
edit on 3/1/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Not tell me, how does this relate to the fruit and the tree also being a seed? As A Tree Grows, what is it stretching its branches branches out to receive? How might 33 reveal the tree and fruit on top? What if right and left brain unite? Is something born? If man and woman unite, same same. If heaven and earth unite, same same. What is the path of the 33 degrees of the tree in the middle of the garden? What is in the middle of the body? 33??

edit on 1-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well the pineal gland needs light in order to operate optimally just as a tree needs sunlight to bear fruit.

We as humans have two sides, male and female (spirit and body). When the spine (which has 33 "steps") connects to the brain (tree of life) life is created, light is made by the image created from our two eyes.

The spine is the trunk of the tree, the pineal gland is the "seat of the soul" or fruit hanging from it. When body and Spirit (female and male) come together as one life is created, a Son is born which is the image and light of man.

So what you're saying is that we are the two made into one? Light and life? If so, I agree.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Climbing the tree and getting stuck in the cycle of fruit. Relative seeking clothing of absolute knowledge from nakedness. Time / space. Now read my first OP again. Not this one, but the 10 directions op.

OP Mind, Time Space

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yes to all of this. How does this relate to evolution in relation to ecstasy? Ecstasy is EC 'out of' stasis (meditation / rest). Evolution is E 'out of' Volution (circling center). How did the ancients find the answers to encode into these symbols? Meditation is listening. Prayer is asking (question). Yoga is union. The Quest is in the seeking. Right angles. Masons compass and square.

Center and right angles.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

One more. Rogue One Star Wars. The communication tower is the tree. Bohdi delivered the message. The Gate had to be opened. Head aligned as a com link to the gate. The Monk was the courage / faith to face enemies using the force. Required Activation of the communication from bottom of tower, lower chakra.

Right there in plain sight.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Apologies for the length. I just wanted to share the following tidbits.

"Eve preceded Adam, of course (as any biologist would affirm), and she was the one granted by the Serpent not a curse, but instead the boon of conscious awakening. (Was this the first case of enlightenment? Or possibly the last?) Awakened to her true nature, Eve, in turn, awakened Adam as best she could."

"While Adam represents the masculine component of consciousness--pure intellect--Eve represents the functions of the brain's frontal lobes, the feminine intuitive integrator of the four-level human brain. If we wish to be whole, we must develop and integrate the feminine with the masculine.
Eve's desire for integration, clarity, and transcendence--for wisdom--is a goal Adam is biologically incapable of pursuing without her."

"You have to ask yourself the question, ‘Who am I?’ This investigation will lead in the end to the discovery of something within you which is beyond the mind. Solve the great problem, and you will solve all other problems thereby. Man’s real nature is happiness. Happiness is inborn in the Self. His search for happiness is an unconscious search for his true self. The true Self is imperishable; therefore when a man finds it, he finds a happiness which does not come to an end."

"When we answer in a flash, we turn ourselves around spiritually and activate our True Life. Clearly, what fills the mouth of each and every person is the Truth.
So, you need to realize that all the Buddhas and Ancestors have both asked and answered the question as to why Bodhidharma came from the West, and They have all experienced the moment of being up a tree holding onto a branch with Their Mouth, and They all continue to give the answer."

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Michet

And along comes Bodhi delivering the message. Amazing!!!! Thank you for your insight. Realization of our true Dharma is indeed the highest happiness. Bliss!

I have another OP ready for this evening as a third part to this Trimurti of divine insight.

You guys are very intelligent. This was fun.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

a reply to: CovertAgenda But what do the tree and the man represent?

a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow Are the representations of greater significance than the lesson?

The lesson it teaches is how to gain an activated mind. The symbolism is secondary to the lesson, allowing you to gain more insight from the stories that are connected to the lesson.

You may have read it, but did'nt quite comprehend my question related to your reply.

The Bible is a Koan

Really?... i'm led to believe that a Koan, is a story, dialogue, question, or statement, which is used in Zen practice to provoke the "great doubt" and test a student's progress in Zen practice.
What has the bible got to do with Zen practice?
Are you sure you are not viewing your perceptions through christian (et al) dogma?...ego?
Was nameless accurate in his assessment ?...

Warning; ego out of control! *__-

From the Hagakure...
Learning is a good thing, but more often it leads to mistakes.It is like the admonition of priest Konan. It is worthwhile just looking at the deeds of accomplished persons for the purpose of knowing our own insufficiencies. But often this does not happen. For the most part, we admire lour own opinions and become fond of arguing.
Like I said before...Its all just dirt from the same hole.
Or in another way... mu to you.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Ecstasy is the outer world and its stimuli, evolution is the process that happens within the outer world which is being evolved (changed) by the "prime mover" which is the circling center or Spirit.

Evolution and ecstasy are outside of the circling center where rest is found which is called the Spirit.

The ancients went within themselves and away from the evolution and ecstasy of the outer world to a place where they could rest and meditate and just listen to what is being freely given to anyone willing to seek it out.

To pray is to ask without certainty of it being answered (questioning it), meditating is knowing you will be given the answer that you are seeking.

It is much better to listen than to speak when it comes to spiritual matters and the true teacher and Father is within and he is the fruit dangling from the tree, right where your soul takes its seat.

I understand the concepts you are referring to.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CovertAgenda

The original foundation of a Koan was a public record. They are called case records of a public law court. Each held a hidden esoteric token to parallel the divinity of the law. If you examine the Bible closely, this very form of record keeping was used to both teach law and demonstrate cause and effect based on law. The foundation of Genesis 1 would have been common knowledge to Eastern cultures through the trade routes. Both Indian / Chinese and Hebrew cultures would have been read for their own cases. If you do some reading on Egyptian culture, most of their own case law was a way to pass the token of learning to the King.

Case in point: Tale of the Shipwrecked Sailor
edit on 2-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The ancients went within themselves and away from the evolution and ecstasy of the outer world to a place where they could rest and meditate and just listen to what is being freely given to anyone willing to seek it out.

I would only refine this by saying that the ecstatic state is rest, or the end of movement by turning inside with meditation. Evolution requires movement. The ecstatic state can hit someone outside of this state of rest, but most generally, it is through meditation. Rumi has a good quote on this. Sufis like Rumi often accomplished this as the whirling Dervish spins around a pole, so I suppose this is mimicry of the evolution of life as well.

WIKI: LINK

RUMI

"Look at yourself when you are granted a fragment
of ecstasy and a flash of grace from the
other world. In that moment you see no above or
below, mastership or discipleship, or even yourself,
which is nearer to you than all else. These
things do not enter your mind. So how can the
saints, who are the windows and doorways for
that light and inspiration, be concerned about
above and below. Their heart is with God, and
God is independent of below and above. This
higher and lower belongs to us who have heads
and feet."
edit on 2-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join