It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump speech to joint session of Congress, February 28, 2017

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Here is a decent article explaining some of the issues with regards to the military and why an increase in spending is likely a necessity for the military to meet its current demands.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

True, I do not know much about the military. I know about dying and killing. What is our military missing to fight wars, is it that hard of answer?

Everything. Our planes can't even fly. Almost everything is aged, and maintenance has not been kept up. If you are actually interested Zaphod is a better source for details.

Nearly two-thirds of the US Navy's F/A 18 strike fighter jets are currently unable to fly, grounded due to repair delays or because they are awaiting spare parts.

With more than half of all Navy aircraft out of service and no budget agreement in place to increase defense spending levels, the top brass says its usable planes are being pushed to the limit.

www.cnn.com...

So how do you fight a war when 2/3 of your planes can't fly?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

That's false. He has told them the same thing. How about we wait and see and judge Trump on what he actually does. He gets no free pass, he needs to fix the mess we are in. It can not wait any longer.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

One way to help the expenditures of the military, pull out of Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

How many war fronts do we support?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Ask Obama, he was in charge the past 8 years.

What does that have to do with what I said and the fact our military is falling apart and without serious spending we are screwed, because the can was kicked for the past 8 years? If anything that puts MORE of the blame on Obama.
edit on 1-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If it's that simple why did Obama not do it?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Obama was not looking for 54billion to increase military spending.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I'm sorry but increasing their budget by more than most other departments total operating budget doesn't really send the message of do more with less. It sends the message of you've been fiscally irresponsible for decades, have some money.

What are the odds that when it comes time to do the next budget barely any of this $54 billion will have gone to overhauling and the DoD will claim they need even more money?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Maybe we can't afford multiple wars anymore. Maybe its as simple as that.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I don't understand why ALL leftists think you should be able to enter a country without informing that country's authorities on any level whatsoever. Please, name ONE country you can go and LIVE in without applying first.

ILLEGAL immigrant does NOT mean 'immigrant'

I guess it's an IQ thing

You don't think there are illegal immigrants in other countries?

You don't think they don't buy fake papers in other countries?

You really think that only happens in America?

more reasons for stringent vetting. if they can manufacturer fake papers and identification outside the US then its even tougher to vet anyone who wants to come in. most importantly though how the hell does it make it ok when they are doing it illegally in other countries? what type of logic is that? and im assuming your arguing that its ok since u used that as a counter argument to the other post.

Where did I say it was OK?

If I lined up 3 white illegal Canadians and 3 born American Latinos - - - which would you choose to deport by appearance?

I was born and bread in Southern California. California was built my those of Latino heritage. How do you sort out American born Latinos from others?

Muhammad Ali's son was detained because of Profiling. Profiling is illegal.

Most of the Muslim terrorists/bombers were either born here or brought here as children. How to you vet a 5 year old?

There's already a vetting process.

So, you tell me what else needs to be done and how to do it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If I lined up 3 white illegal Canadians and 3 born American Latinos - - - which would you choose to deport by appearance?

None. Papers please. Illegals can go back home now. Legals, enjoy your stay and thank you so much for obeying the law.
PS- If you know any good ethnic food places you eat at, I love ethnic food. Later Canadians, don't forget your jacket.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

None. Papers please. Illegals can go back home now. Legals, enjoy your stay and thank you so much for obeying the law.
PS- If you know any good ethnic food places you eat at, I love ethnic food. Later Canadians, don't forget your jacket.

Oh don't tell me none. That's bogus.

Profiling is rampant in this "war" against illegals.

Papers can be bought.

Next.

PS: I love Greek/Mediterranean food.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So how do you go about buying accurate alien numbers which the government has a record of and a picture ID to match it?
PSS-Me and my IMMIGRANT NON WHITE wife also love greek.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So how do you go about buying accurate alien numbers which the government has a record of and a picture ID to match it?
PSS-Me and my IMMIGRANT NON WHITE wife also love greek.

It is definitely getting harder and harder with new technology.

My ex married a Mexican. He did it legal. Took him almost a year and about $2000 (just for legal fees) to get her and her 2 kids here. He wanted to make a difference in someone's life.

My daughter married a Canadian. She also did it legal.

I kinda pushed my ex to find a new wife, 'cause he is 21 years younger then me - - he needed more then I could give him at my age. And I needed the freedom to be old. We're still close - - but, from a distance

edit on 1-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

My wife was coming over with another Visa when I met her. We canceled her first visa just in time, would have cost about $10k.

I am as pro immigrant as they come. But I am not for stupid immigration and free rides and putting Americans last. My wife also hates illegal immigration, probably more than I do. And it's not a 'Mexican' problem for either of us. Asian illegals piss her off the most, because she is Asian.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
One way to help the expenditures of the military, pull out of Afghanistan.

I wouldn't immediately rule that out as an option, assuming the security situation there could be maintained by the locals. I think there are likely any number of ways to improve efficiency and eliminate waste within the budget that would free up funding to help rebuild the military and I agree, included in that would be removing ourselves from unnecessary foreign military engagements.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

My wife was coming over with another Visa when I met her. We canceled her first visa just in time, would have cost about $10k.

I am as pro immigrant as they come. But I am not for stupid immigration and free rides and putting Americans last. My wife also hates illegal immigration, probably more than I do. And it's not a 'Mexican' problem for either of us. Asian illegals piss her off the most, because she is Asian.

I'm in AZ. Sheriff Joe Arpaio. That should explain my aversion to profiling those of Latino heritage.

I'm on the SW border. Many Asians now trying to cross from Mexico.

Majority of Latino's now trying to cross seem to be from countries further south.

I just don't want to be like North/South Korea - - - cutting families apart. Mexicans used to come rather freely back and forth to visit families and on work programs.

Not only that, I used to go for shopping and lunch. Now I feel like a criminal myself when re-entering America. It's horrible to be this way with our neighboring country.

Some citizens here are having trouble getting their VISA's renewed.

My friend met a Chinese woman online. She got a visitors VISA to come here. As soon as she got here, they got married and requested a spousal VISA. It was a little iffy for awhile, but her spousal VISA was finally approved.

edit on 1-3-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I just don't want to be like North/South Korea - - - cutting families apart.

It will be entirely of their doing. They want to tug on your heart strings, they are counting on it. Don't let them fool you, THEY are the ones cutting families apart.

Birthright las need to be changed. Children born to illegals should not be citizens.
edit on 1-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I just don't want to be like North/South Korea - - - cutting families apart.

It will be entirely of their doing. They want to tug on your heart strings, they are counting on it. Don't let them fool you, THEY are the ones cutting families apart.

Birthright las need to be changed. Children born to illegals should not be citizens.

Its not tugging my heartstrings. I'm 70, I know how it used to be.

I'm not going to agree with you on anchor babies. So, that's a deadend discussion.

However, I am not liberal on supporting those who can't support themselves. I KNOW!

My mom supported me and my kids for a while (I was sick). But, after awhile - - you begin to expect - - rather then appreciate the help.

"THAT WHICH IS NOT EARNED HAS NO VALUE"

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29 >>

join