It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump speech to joint session of Congress, February 28, 2017

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
I don't understand why ALL leftists think you should be able to enter a country without informing that country's authorities on any level whatsoever. Please, name ONE country you can go and LIVE in without applying first.

ILLEGAL immigrant does NOT mean 'immigrant'

I guess it's an IQ thing

You don't think there are illegal immigrants in other countries?

You don't think they don't buy fake papers in other countries?

You really think that only happens in America?

more reasons for stringent vetting. if they can manufacturer fake papers and identification outside the US then its even tougher to vet anyone who wants to come in. most importantly though how the hell does it make it ok when they are doing it illegally in other countries? what type of logic is that? and im assuming your arguing that its ok since u used that as a counter argument to the other post.
edit on 1-3-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Let's see what this country has in store for the next four years! =X
edit on 3/1/2017 by AlienMD because: Mistake

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Oh my god... she's melting!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

RAH! RAH! Speech.

Same as campaigning.

Of course. That is because Trump's agenda and instructions to Congress are the same as the promises he made while campaigning. That is how it is supposed to be.

And soon we'll see how it REALLY IS.

When talk is not enough.

He's not Obama

Obama is no longer president. As with "don't bring Bush into Obama's presidency".

Don't bring Obama into Trump's.

And yet, Bush was constantly blamed and brought up, sometimes by Obama himself.

Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If he does what he said in that speech, and delivers even half of it, he will have earned his Presidency.

We'll see.

And now the reality sets in.

How.

For one: where is our steel production at?

Also I noticed "American pipelines made with American steel" ... except the one I'm aware of will be owned by Canada.

I believe one of the conditions of the Keystone Pipeline being authorised was that American steel would be used.
I am not sure that can be enforced, though, and about 50% of the pipeline has already been manufactured.
Regardless, i am pretty sure there will be some boost for US steel.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Annee

Come join us over here and let's hold hands Annee.

After a speech like that, we should all unite instead of finding more reasons to stay divided.

Why?

I have not criticized the speech.

However, it is "same old, same old, in different packaging - - - with no answers - - - again.

i keep hearing this criticism being brought up but im curious if youve gone back and watched any of the speeches done by previous presidents? when has one ever laid out the nitty gritty details and not painted a broad stroke for what they are trying to accomplish? ive gone back and listened to a good 30-40+ hours of speeches going back to carter and i cant find one. they are all broad strokes.

Which ones are as grandiose as Trump?

He promotes as if its already a done deal - - - and his supporters believe it.

What has he actually done?

This isn't his personal company where he can just demand action.

Through his entire campaign he has never addressed the "How's".

he ran a campaign and won the presidency. beyond that there hasent been enough time.

I'm not interested in any more Trump excuses. I don't care what anyone else did.

I want details of how he plans on doing what he says he's going to do.

He didn't provide any during his campaign, he has not provided any during speeches.

When?

Bannon is hard at work on those policies. Don't worry.
There are a few more regulations to deregulate

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Well, enough of that.

I do have to admit something that will surprise some of you ... the Congressional Democrats did look like they're all constipated.

There is no leadership there. No ideas, and they aren't even as good at obstruction as the Republicans were.

No ideas except for Senator Warren ... but she's too closely tied in too many people's minds to Clinton.

And she's so ... school-marm-ish. Perhaps she'll find her own stride, perhaps not. Either way ...

You guys may be right. We may have at least 7.8 more years of this.

OMG. I gave Gryph a star!!

...This is going to be a strange day...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Just watched the speech through...
It was a good speech, well delivered. Some memorable moments, particularly the tribute to Ryan Owens, which was a powerful moment in history seen worldwide.

I think there are two outcomes from last night:

Firstly, Trump poured cold water on any potential uprising within his own party. Even McCain and Graham will be wary of going against a President who seems to be hitting the right notes.

Secondly, the Democrats did themselves no favours at all. The response by the ex Governer was very strange - and weak. As for those in the hall, there were too many moments where the impression left was of a party who cares more about the petty fighting than the people they serve. Those mid terms are not far away... if this carries on Trump will have a super majority to work with come 2018.

The media seem to be scrambling on this - not quite sure how to spin it. Trump has a massive platform that they can't compete with. They can spread hatred daily, but Trump can dismantle their narrative in moments like last night when he speaks to the people directly.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: BlueAjah

RAH! RAH! Speech.

Same as campaigning.

Of course. That is because Trump's agenda and instructions to Congress are the same as the promises he made while campaigning. That is how it is supposed to be.

And soon we'll see how it REALLY IS.

When talk is not enough.

He's not Obama

Obama is no longer president. As with "don't bring Bush into Obama's presidency".

Don't bring Obama into Trump's.

And yet, Bush was constantly blamed and brought up, sometimes by Obama himself.

Nice try though.
for the first six years at least he was constantly blaming Bush for his problems.

In regards to the speech, the Democrats looked the worst when Trump extended an olive branch about working together and all the Democrats sat on their hands.
edit on 1-3-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What I heard...deficits don't matter ...again.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Heh.

I KNOW, right?

I starred something you said the other day ... can't remember what it was now ...

It's almost like we dont' have to be on two different "sides" unless we put ourselves there.

Thanks for the star.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's really good to hear Gryphon, now if only the rest of the looney left would get onboard, these positive changes for America will go smoother and faster. Its the division that's holding you guys back.

There has always been and will be division to some degree, but the last 8 years wow, time to heal.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

That's really good to hear Gryphon, now if only the rest of the looney left would get onboard, these positive changes for America will go smoother and faster. Its the division that's holding you guys back.

There has always been and will be division to some degree, but the last 8 years wow, time to heal.

I'm not "on board" anything gps. If Mr. Trump turns 180 degrees from what he's been doing so far and works toward a moderate agenda that actually does benefit Americans, I'm willing to acknowledge that.

But use of terms like "looney left" are doing nothing to help anyone anywhere become "Great" again and are the main source of the DIVISION you seem to be complaining about here.

The amazing thing to me is that you can't see that folks who act as you do are holding down "one side" of the problem.

We have to stop that crap, and it starts with each one of us.

I despise a great deal of what Mr. Trump stands for ... but that's irrelevant if he does good things for this country. I can get over stuff like that.

Can you?
edit on 1-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think the speech went very well. He was engaging and passionate about his cause. He struck positive notes on all the major talking points. And I loved that he said he "inherited" a mess. He has at least six more years of "its obama's fault" coming just to break even.

The democrats on the other hand looked pathetic. They looked like robotic cry babies, lifeless until someone flips the tantrum switch. For all their cries of republican obstructionism they seemed to take to it quite well, as if it was natural for them. The democrat response to the speech was odd and disjointed. That was the first speech I have heard this year that really sounded like it had lost touch with reality. He was answering things that were never said. It was kind of sad in a way.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I'm not interested in any more Trump excuses. I don't care what anyone else did.

Awesome. So we both agree everything that happened past 8 years was all Obama's fault and no one elses .. right?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
[post]originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm not "on board" anything gps. If Mr. Trump turns 180 degrees from what he's been doing so far and works toward a moderate agenda that actually does benefit Americans, I'm willing to acknowledge that.

If Trump turned 180 degree`s he might as well have pulled out of the race and voted Hillary, that makes no sense at all and not what people voted him in to do.

But use of terms like "looney left" are doing nothing to help anyone anywhere become "Great" again and are the main source of the DIVISION you seem to be complaining about here.

That's because of the extreme hatred for the man, some true some twisted some outright lies and not seeing what he is about for America/ns.

The amazing thing to me is that you can't see that folks who act as you do are holding down "one side" of the problem.

We have to stop that crap, and it starts with each one of us.

I despise a great deal of what Mr. Trump stands for ... but that's irrelevant if he does good things for this country. I can get over stuff like that.

Can you?

Cause I can and when those of the looney left persuasion realise he is great for your country and start realising its not just a personality contest and boohoo he doesn`t have woman parts so we intend to fight and protest till he`s out of office etc because he said something revolting a decade ago, its who is going to be good for your country and its people, they are no longer looney.

I would have been supportive of a strong woman with DT`s directions and drive and knowhow to be POTUS, gender doesn`t come into it, that's looney and divisive.

But hey whatever I take back "onboard" as you only want Trump to turn around 180 degree`s on the direction he said he would do and is doing.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well said.
I think that is something we can all agree on.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Mr. Trump was elected by 46% of the Americans who voted.

Your statement is irrational if we are all to come together again as Americans.

Don't shuffle off responsibility for the terms you choose to use. YOU have called me and others "the looney left."

You are as much an agent of division as anyone when you use those tactics.

You seem to conceive that the only unity possible is for everyone to agree with you ... that too is irrational.

Surely your world-view is not this linear or dichotomous.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I`m owning it not shrugging away responsibility for saying looney left, its been a complete circus from the left which cost them the Presidency something the left is still fighting. Where you yourself conceded that now you think Trump will even run 2 terms. Why, because the left is so rational?

If you think you and I and a few more people reading our convo, that I`m a cause of the division in America and we make any difference at all to the whole scheme of things and you think I believe that everyone has to agree with me, then that's irrational.I don`t believe that for a second.

The longer Trump is in and makes good on his policies people from the left will see things differently and he will get greater support.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The speech was proof of the effectiveness of Ritilin.

That was about it...He didn't say anything more than usual.

He just kept it on the hinges for once.

...And as far as the work you think he has done already?, he is taking credit for the work done by others as he has not had the time to implement anything yet...
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: asdc

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join