It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump speech to joint session of Congress, February 28, 2017

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Finally had a chance to read the speech... who ever his writer is... give the man a raise..

Very well written, be interesting to see how much of this he really tries on..

While personally I think he will try on most of it, I fully expect Congress to block anything and everything that might tilt the apple cart in DC... It is to bad that many people will blame the president when congress is and has been the problem for quite some time. (Both parties in congress if you are being honest have been the problem)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Be Afraid
In His First Address to Congress, Trump Demonizes Immigrants—With a Smile
Donald Trump used his first address to remind the nation just how much they should fear immigrants in a country comprised of them.
Betsy Woodruff
03.01.17 1:15 AM ET

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Annee

Come join us over here and let's hold hands Annee.

After a speech like that, we should all unite instead of finding more reasons to stay divided.

Why?

I have not criticized the speech.

However, it is "same old, same old, in different packaging - - - with no answers - - - again.

i keep hearing this criticism being brought up but im curious if youve gone back and watched any of the speeches done by previous presidents? when has one ever laid out the nitty gritty details and not painted a broad stroke for what they are trying to accomplish? ive gone back and listened to a good 30-40+ hours of speeches going back to carter and i cant find one. they are all broad strokes.

Which ones are as grandiose as Trump?

He promotes as if its already a done deal - - - and his supporters believe it.

What has he actually done?

This isn't his personal company where he can just demand action.

Through his entire campaign he has never addressed the "How's".

he ran a campaign and won the presidency. beyond that there hasent been enough time. in anycase what does that have to do with your complaint about not getting the details of how he will accomplish his goals and how is that different then any other president that has held office? im also curious as to why u think we are privy to the process and should have oversight of it from start to finish? thats never been the way the system works. thats what the election process is for. us to vote for who we have faith in to accomplish the job. once we do are part we have very little power over anything, thus why so many people are cynical of politicians.

edit on 1-3-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
When he said defend against "Radical Islamic Extremism" the Dem's wouldn't clap or stand up. In the stagecraft of that whole scene, that's tantamount to protest. What kind of quasi-treasonous sentiment is that?

It's not to say we should be over there bombing people (cough like starting civil wars in Libya & Syria), but to not even defend here at home is insanity.

Did Republicans stand during any speeches Obama made in front of the combined congress?

Go back and watch any of them, then get back to us.

Somehow you think Democrats should kneel before Zod or something?

Funny, they never did that for Obama during his two terms in office.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

When he said defend against "Radical Islamic Extremism" the Dem's wouldn't clap or stand up. In the stagecraft of that whole scene, that's tantamount to protest. What kind of quasi-treasonous sentiment is that?

It's not to say we should be over there bombing people (cough like starting civil wars in Libya & Syria), but to not even defend here at home is insanity.

Did Republicans stand during any speeches Obama made in front of the combined congress?

Go back and watch any of them, then get back to us.

Somehow you think Democrats should kneel before Zod or something?

Funny, they never did that for Obama during his two terms in office.

yeah i dont get peoples obsession with that type of behavior. our presidents are not monarchs and that is really quite a polite form of dissent that im completely ok with. if u dont agree with it u should not have to lie and put on airs.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

They could do a half clap that shows support of a premise while not being a fanboy.

The other guys jumping for joy every time isn't tooooo much better, but it's not like scoffing at stuff everyone should agree on.

That was just the first time they did that I happened to be looking and notice. They went on to do that for the bulk of his stuff when I dont see how a rational person could disagree with too much that was actually said, while several incidents demonstrated them as being disgusting hypocrites.

edit on 1-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Thanks to all for the running commentary, I was reading while laughing and smiling along with you, I`m so glad your country is in the hands of DT taking it in a new and positive direction.

God speed and God bless America again.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How is saying white people racist? Someone called me racist yesterday for using the words "white people". I could see if I used a derogatory word to describe white people but that wasn't the case. I think the word racist gets thrown around way to much. I understand tensions are high but geez this is getting crazy.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

RAH! RAH! Speech.

Same as campaigning.

Of course. That is because Trump's agenda and instructions to Congress are the same as the promises he made while campaigning. That is how it is supposed to be.

And soon we'll see how it REALLY IS.

When talk is not enough.

He's not Obama

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Be Afraid
In His First Address to Congress, Trump Demonizes Immigrants—With a Smile
Donald Trump used his first address to remind the nation just how much they should fear immigrants in a country comprised of them.
Betsy Woodruff
03.01.17 1:15 AM ET

www.thedailybeast.com...

He demonised ILLEGAL immigrants. What's your IQ?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

After a speech like that, we should all unite instead of finding more reasons to stay divided.

Why?

However, it is "same old, same old, in different packaging - - - with no answers - - - again.

i keep hearing this criticism being brought up but im curious if youve gone back and watched any of the speeches done by previous presidents? when has one ever laid out the nitty gritty details and not painted a broad stroke for what they are trying to accomplish? ive gone back and listened to a good 30-40+ hours of speeches going back to carter and i cant find one. they are all broad strokes.

he ran a campaign and won the presidency. beyond that there hasent been enough time.

I'm not interested in any more Trump excuses. I don't care what anyone else did.

I want details of how he plans on doing what he says he's going to do.

He didn't provide any during his campaign, he has not provided any during speeches.

When?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't understand why ALL leftists think you should be able to enter a country without informing that country's authorities on any level whatsoever. Please, name ONE country you can go and LIVE in without applying first.

ILLEGAL immigrant does NOT mean 'immigrant'

I guess it's an IQ thing

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't understand why ALL leftists think you should be able to enter a country without informing that country's authorities on any level whatsoever. Please, name ONE country you can go and LIVE in without applying first.

I guess it's an IQ thing

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: BlueAjah

RAH! RAH! Speech.

Same as campaigning.

Of course. That is because Trump's agenda and instructions to Congress are the same as the promises he made while campaigning. That is how it is supposed to be.

And soon we'll see how it REALLY IS.

When talk is not enough.

He's not Obama

Obama is no longer president. As with "don't bring Bush into Obama's presidency".

Don't bring Obama into Trump's.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Like I said , he's not Obama . So he won't do the exact opposite of what he promises to do, like Obama

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I guess it's an IQ thing

You don't think there are illegal immigrants in other countries?

You don't think they don't buy fake papers in other countries?

You really think that only happens in America?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Wanting to stop ILLEGAL immigration (like 100% of countries on earth) means wanting to stop LEGAL immigration,

Thick

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I guess it's an IQ thing[/quote

You don't think there are illegal immigrants in other countries?

You don't think they don't buy fake papers in other countries?

You really think that only happens in America?

What?

No I said ALL countries are AGAINST illegal immigration, and ALL countries are FOR immigration

Just like YOUR President

No wonder you people lost, basic comprehension is a difficulty
edit on 1 3 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

What's your IQ?

You tell me:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I didn't post that Daily Beast bit in as an applaud, I was merely pasting in some 'media' coverage I just happened upon by chance.
edit on 1-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Why?

he ran a campaign and won the presidency. beyond that there hasent been enough time.

I'm not interested in any more Trump excuses. I don't care what anyone else did.

I want details of how he plans on doing what he says he's going to do.

He didn't provide any during his campaign, he has not provided any during speeches.

When?

your just picking nits honestly. the same could be said of obama. he didnt lay out any plans on how hed achieve affordable healthcare. i mean they even voted on it without reading the over 2000 pages in the bill cause they literally didnt have time to do it. i also had this same convo with people back when he was campaigning about how brilliant his slogan "change" was. he never attributed anything to it but positive vague things with no details of how to achieve it. those are the things they work out once in office and they have dealings through the proper channels. prior to being elected thats just plain impossible and irresponsible to try and do. so again if u think its possible to work out all the problems hes said he wants to take one in less then 2 months, then id say your being completely unreasonable. i mean the standard has always been to atleast wait 100 days and then measure the president against roosevelt and his first 100 days with the new deal. i guess in these days of instant gratification its too much to ask to give things a reasonable amount of time.
edit on 1-3-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join