It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump speech to joint session of Congress, February 28, 2017

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

good thing the dems cant do anything as they are the minority

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

good thing the dems cant do anything as they are the minority

So you say...

Even a minority can throw sticks in the wheel spokes.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Another good one! Not as energetic as the recent Florida one just toned down with detail presented in perhaps a slightly more rational manner! And a helluva lot of standing up and sitting back down again... You come to notice Trump really only has one message, you can go back to videos of him in 80's/90's and he appears to have exactly the same message. Sticking to your principles is an admirable trait, sticking to the same ones throughout your entire lifetime is probably something few of us achieve... I think the human element was a nice touch too, because Trump, like the rest of us, is only human.

Though a lot of his speeches may so far seem filled with empty promises, he does put areas of progress on the plate. One example is that some of the underpaying NATO countries are now starting to pay up...that's progress right, for all our safety's sake? For an outside observer like me he gave clear detail on the companies sticking to American soil and as I said the human element allowed me to appreciate what real American people have endured, suffered and lost. The fact he got everyone's name right is a big deal... Obama wasn't great at that..! There were some mcnuggets of new info/detail that I hadn't heard in previous speeches (such as the methods to weed out corruption, le 'swamp'), and of course the favourable opinion of space exploration...even an utterance along those lines is a great thing to hear.

The Florida speech riled me up with optimism, but this speech - I'm hoping - will appeal to the rationale side of those who maybe don't or haven't felt optimistic about Trump. Even if he can't bring everything to fruition, he may still sow the seeds for a better future for your future generations. He may enact something (ie a business related ruling) which bears little meaning now but somehow improves your grand-children's business... Or it could all be an epic fail, but I don't personally think the logic here dictates failure.

Well, I hope it all means good for you guys... Though I suppose the kicker is whether it makes good. Did I get my 'mericanisms right there?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

lol
thank harry reid for the spot dems are in

they cant even filibuster anymore

link   
a reply to: Annee

Yea you're right, what was I thinking.

link   
Good start, Bill Maher says policy isn't the problem, its personality because Trump is "Diagnosable"

So in addition to being a comedian, and self proclaimed political mind, he is also a doctor?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

mahr is bitter and looks petty

he still doesnt believe trump got elected

mahr is far from credible on trump anyway as trump sued mahr

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Now we got Micheal Moore complaining about Trump not practicing what he preaches because he made ties in China. yet Moore is a multi millionaire with many homes who want illegals to flow in. Why isn't he putting some up in his mansions?

Says this is a new chapter of Orwells 1984.

This, and not the Nobel Peace President that Moore worshiped that dropped bombs every 20 minutes. What a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
When he said defend against "Radical Islamic Extremism" the Dem's wouldn't clap or stand up. In the stagecraft of that whole scene, that's tantamount to protest. What kind of quasi-treasonous sentiment is that?

It's not to say we should be over there bombing people (cough like starting civil wars in Libya & Syria), but to not even defend here at home is insanity.
edit on 28-2-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Oh and now all of these liberals are appaled because Trump caused that soldier owens death, MSNBC has spent hours on it.

Yet they will not mention the soldiers that died in Benghazi, and then was lied about.

Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Van Jones just said this on CNN:

"Donald Trump has done something nobody can take away from him. He just became President of the United States".

Very nice. This speech will really boost his ratings.
He also said,

"For people who have been hoping that maybe he would remain a divisive cartoon, which he often finds a way to do, they should be a little bit worried tonight. Because that thing you just saw him do, if he finds a way to do that over and over again, he's going to be there for eight years."

www.thehill.com...

Here's the guy that died whose mother was given that applause to. Handsome young man.

edit on 28-2-2017 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

the info they passed about the raid is not true

they left out that secdef and jcos were there when the decision was made

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Great speech, I am impressed.

Looks to me, Trump is keeping his promise.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Moore is so pathetic, as is Mathews. They are patting themselves on the back for how smart they are, and what a great job they are doing.

Moore claims he knew that Trump would win because all of these jobs leaving, and what he saw in Brexit. Yet Moore believes all of these voters for Trum and Brexit are dumb, and he is a great genius.

Hey Moore, maybe the people have seen that the globalists policies and open borders that you want are not good for them!

Moore became famous for making a film lamenting workers in a GM factory that lost their jobs by the factory going over seas.

Not only did he support a candidate that called the TPP the gold standard that would have sent more facories overseas, and did he support Obama who had what these voters thought was a bad economy, but now Moore wants open borders so that what few jobs those factory workers in Flint could scrounge up can be taken by cheap illegal labor.

He is a classic rich scumbag who wants to feel like a victim and poor person, but retreats to his comfy mansion with his elite friends every nite and is bemused by the stupid little people that had the audacity to vote against what he believes.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Paraphrasing Kathie Griffin.

"Melanie comes in with her sequin (snicker) dress, and all of the white guys are like "oh if I am like trump I can get a girl like this""

What a nice person. Making fun of a womans dress, pointing out "white" guys wanting her.

But I guess sexist and racist jokes are only important when a conservative does it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I made it over an hour of MSNBC, and I am out.

I bled for you ATS, I watched to report the insanity to you. But I can take no moore (pun intended).

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Come join us over here and let's hold hands Annee.

After a speech like that, we should all unite instead of finding more reasons to stay divided.

Why?

I have not criticized the speech.

However, it is "same old, same old, in different packaging - - - with no answers - - - again.

i keep hearing this criticism being brought up but im curious if youve gone back and watched any of the speeches done by previous presidents? when has one ever laid out the nitty gritty details and not painted a broad stroke for what they are trying to accomplish? ive gone back and listened to a good 30-40+ hours of speeches going back to carter and i cant find one. they are all broad strokes.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Come join us over here and let's hold hands Annee.

After a speech like that, we should all unite instead of finding more reasons to stay divided.

Why?

I have not criticized the speech.

However, it is "same old, same old, in different packaging - - - with no answers - - - again.

i keep hearing this criticism being brought up but im curious if youve gone back and watched any of the speeches done by previous presidents? when has one ever laid out the nitty gritty details and not painted a broad stroke for what they are trying to accomplish? ive gone back and listened to a good 30-40+ hours of speeches going back to carter and i cant find one. they are all broad strokes.

Which ones are as grandiose as Trump?

He promotes as if its already a done deal - - - and his supporters believe it.

What has he actually done?

This isn't his personal company where he can just demand action.

Through his entire campaign he has never addressed the "How's".

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Now they just 'sat hand still in protest' again when he said 'funding to help education bill that funds school choice for disadvantaged youth including millions of african and latino american'. What's the matter, big trouble for their social engineering scheme??????????????????????

This came after the same with the story about that Pompeii disease survivor Megan Crowley.

With butthurt of this intensity are they just trying to prove they're still able to actually sit down??

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

The common theme I'm hearing across his talking points so far is Democrat's and Republican's working together to solve our problems.

Guess who 'sits hands still in protest' every time he says it. Guess who doesn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join