It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump speech to joint session of Congress, February 28, 2017

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: queenofswords
This is a speech about his vision and mission. He's asking for unity.

He's asking for subservience and blind acceptance of his BS.

Too many are ecstatic to give it to him.

The things he said tonight we're true to the feelings of all Americans, are they not?

You can speak to the feelings of all Americans?

I myself cannot.

See above, reading his speech rather than listening to him give it ... I have a bit of a different attitude toward what he said.

If he can do even 1/10th of what he said, he'll be doing a fine job ... IF ... he doesn't trample the Constitution to do it.

Did you put that same qualifier on O?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Grambler

i respect that of you. i am trying to be less cynical when it comes to trump and i will keep an open mind like i did with obama. according to most trumps speech was positive tonight, lets see if he can straighten the ship and do great things.

Except, same rhetoric.

Different packaging.

Still no policies.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Why is this thread in the mud pit?

Edit to add: Let us all rise up out of the mud and shoot for the stars!

edit on 28-2-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: mud bad, stars good.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
This is a speech about his vision and mission. He's asking for unity.

He's asking for subservience and blind acceptance of his BS.

Too many are ecstatic to give it to him.

The things he said tonight we're true to the feelings of all Americans, are they not?

You can speak to the feelings of all Americans?

I myself cannot.

See above, reading his speech rather than listening to him give it ... I have a bit of a different attitude toward what he said.

If he can do even 1/10th of what he said, he'll be doing a fine job ... IF ... he doesn't trample the Constitution to do it.

Did you put that same qualifier on O?

What does that have to do with anything?

Obama disappointed me when ACA wasn't single payer. He wasted all the political capital he had on that.

By that time, the Democrats lost the House, and six years of obstruction set in.

Suggestion: Concentrate on T and hope he can do what he promises.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: Annee

No answer as usual. Oh, that's right, he signed some executive orders.

ATS is full of his accomplishments and it's pointless to list them anymore because well you people are going to deny it still.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

live from russia on msnbc

wow

this is surreal

The MSM is in its final stages.

Its because of things like this.

Almost all reasonable people watched this speech and thought it was good. Yet MSNBC just bashes and bashes and bashes. People see this and think "What is wrong with these people?"

Keep going MSNBC! Your self implosion is glorious to watch!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Just as a quick exercise in avoiding hyperbole ... why don't you list out what you think are his top 10 ... you know since ATS is full of it ... er. them.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Come join us over here and let's hold hands Annee.

After a speech like that, we should all unite instead of finding more reasons to stay divided.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Pretty much my same comment in the other thread:

He essentially said he's going to cut taxes, increase spending, balance the budget and cut the debt.

When it comes to Trumpy's little speech, only the Bible has more contradictions in it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Tempter, when some folks not necessarily Gryphon but some I have seen here and around in real life that detested the man, if they make a step towards I like what he said, we on the other side need to smile and stand on the common ground that is how unity and progress get made.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: ketsuko

He is mostly unique in delivering what he promised so far. Now, if you don't like the things he promised, you won't like him, but at least you can't say he hasn't been delivering on his campaign promises.

What has he actually done?

He just got hired.
What more do you think he can do?
He's battling people that put politics above the good of the country.
He seems to be standing behind the campaign promises that got him elected.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

After a speech like that, we should all unite instead of finding more reasons to stay divided.

Why?

I have not criticized the speech.

However, it is "same old, same old, in different packaging - - - with no answers - - - again.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: shooterbrody

live from russia on msnbc

wow

this is surreal

The MSM is in its final stages.

Its because of things like this.

Almost all reasonable people watched this speech and thought it was good. Yet MSNBC just bashes and bashes and bashes. People see this and think "What is wrong with these people?"

Keep going MSNBC! Your self implosion is glorious to watch!

Really? The "failing" NYT is doing great and actually got a boost because of Trump.

There's something amazing, fascinating, horrifying and morbidly disturbing to watch people willingly buy into a false reality.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Forget the packaging, put your differences aside and unite for the sake of uniting. What do you have to lose? This is not about Trump.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

He is mostly unique in delivering what he promised so far. Now, if you don't like the things he promised, you won't like him, but at least you can't say he hasn't been delivering on his campaign promises.

What has he actually done?

He just got hired.
What more do you think he can do?
He's battling people that put politics above the good of the country.
He seems to be standing behind the campaign promises that got him elected.

I was only responding to this:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

When it comes to Trumpy's little speech, only the Bible has more contradictions in it.

Well, that's a good line anyway. LOL

They can do something good with infrastructure if they will focus on that and leave all the other crap behind.

Studying what was accomplished in the New Deal would help that effort ... but we know that they will set themselve on fire before that happened.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Why?

I have not criticized the speech.

However, it is "same old, same old, in different packaging - - - with no answers - - - again.

I thought he gave as much policy details as these speeches normally do. Overall I thought it was good.

But I will admit, its just words. I am interested in actions.

So Trump made a good speech, and made some big promises. Lets see if he can keep them now.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Forget the packaging, put your differences aside and unite for the sake of uniting. What do you have to lose? This is not about Trump.

Is it about you?

I'm a Progressive Globalist. What do you think I'm going to unite about?

link   
Oh wow, MSNBC is the place to be. Rob Reiner, Micheal Moore, Bill Maher, and many more.

With these fair intellectual giants I am sure the content will be amazing.

Lets Play Hardball!!!

link   

We that voted for Obama in the previous two elections said the same thing. Instead we got late night, secret dinners among the Republican leadership. At dinners like that deals and agreements were made to obstruct the Obama administration at every. single. turn.

And now the very same people that obstructed every single thing Obama tried to do, dogged him for every time faux pas he was "allegedly" guilty of want Democrats and progressives to just shut up, hold hands and compromise?

Get real.

You won, we got it...but it's going to be a bittersweet victory, and we aren't going to give you everything you want just because you "won".
edit on 28-2-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join