It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump speech to joint session of Congress, February 28, 2017

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
hahaha

hugh hewitt just slammed the media for not recognizing how good the speech was
and told brian williams the people are watching the media

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Grambler

That tells you that the party still have not direction or leadership at all, it shows that their only purpose is not to unify their party and their voting base but to keep pushing for the lawlessness, bickering and crap that they have been using so far to stir protest.

Their party is going no where like that as moderates in the party will have nothing to do with the mess they have created.

No purpose, no ideology no god to worship.

I know. Lets not kid ourselves, we need at least two strong parties (preferably more).

Enough of the identity politics garbage! Focus on classic liberalism; helping out workers, work with the poor, etc. I still won't vote for them probably, but i can respect that.

They need to get it together.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

He is mostly unique in delivering what he promised so far. Now, if you don't like the things he promised, you won't like him, but at least you can't say he hasn't been delivering on his campaign promises.

What has he actually done?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
msnbc still going after trump about yeman raid

they dont get it

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
hahaha

hugh hewitt just slammed the media for not recognizing how good the speech was
and told brian williams the people are watching the media

Yep and what was the MSNBC panels response.

Saying earlier today Trump said it was the generals fault that the soldier Ryan died. On and on and on about it.

They suck so bad. They are saying the mission got no good intelligence. Perhaps they would like to have that widow on and piss on her husbands memory in front of her.

Whats despicable scum bags.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I found the event to be exceptional.
However, I could not help but notice
the war torn look on the Generals faces.

I am sure our adversarial foes noticed it as well.
As it is wise to pay attention to these details.

S&F
edit on 28-2-2017 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It was simply a campaign speech with a muzzle and a script.

Much more composed than usual, plus he didn't have to answer any questions.
Good forum for him, a podium and a "captive" audience.
I didn't see much new here. make wall st. and the military industrial complex happy.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thank you for the link. Gryphon. I, too, was afraid to watch it, as I didn't want to see what I thought was going to be a train wreck. Glad I was mistaken.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Newt is making a good point. He says the dems are between a rock and a hard place. He thinks many of them would want to work with Trump on many things like immigration, women entrepreneurship, lowering drug prices.

But the far left people would demand they be removed if they work with Trump. So they are in the difficult position of wanting some of the things trump wants, but having to call him a bigot and demand his impeachment.

If the democrats do not quickly weed out the crazy far left people in their party, they are going to lose over and over again.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This old codger is talking nonsense.

Why did the dems pick some old former congressman to blither on in some closed diner about talking points that weren't even in the speech?

After spending the last decade or so giving the middle finger to their traditional base in the south and Midwest at every possible opportunity, I'd imagine its tough to do much better than an old dinosaur like that now that they're starting to realize that they might actually need someone who can relate to those same voters they despise so much.

I agree completely.

Governor Beshear was a symbolic gesture on the part of the Dems, even if subtle :because they are going to have to drift towards the center and try to bridge the gap with the working class and/or rural Americans. They will marginalize further the more fringe elements on the left, (good) but certainly gain much more than they lose.

That old dinosaur might be just the fresh face the DNC has to embrace to ever gain relevancy again.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

booker sighting

he is being asked why he didnt give the response

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thank you for the link. Gryphon. I, too, was afraid to watch it, as I didn't want to see what I thought was going to be a train wreck. Glad I was mistaken.

Nope. He gave a good speech.

That can't be denied.

Let's see what he does.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
CNN begrudgingly shows their poll that shows 78% of watchers reacted positively to the speech.

Polls suck for me always, but eh.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No answer as usual. Oh, that's right, he signed some executive orders.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The word is in. He nailed it. A turning point speech, provided he follows through, which he is doing and fully intends to not stop until it's done.

That's unusual in a SOTU-type address, that the President is going to do what he says he's going to do, and then proceeds to deliver.

A trillion dollars in Infrastructure is going to have a positive impact, as will the rest of the policies, although he'd better be careful how he sets about securing safe zones in Syria, to bring that war to a swift end, that's very tricky business.

I think it's left most people with a sense of hope and optimism, in a more secure, more peaceful, and a more prosperous future for one and all, with the American Citizens best interests at heart, and that of the larger world's.

His entire policy took shape tonight and was effectively communicated.

Interesting times... the poor far left MSM and Celeb culture... what are they going to do but double down on the hatred and the fear and loathing even more until it will no longer reflect reality in any way, shape or form.

link   
I read the transcript of the address because the audio on everything I have seems to have failed at the same period in time...

...Odd...

Anyway, once again he didn't really say any more than he claims to have done.

If you honestly read and comprehend it with an open mind he didn't really say anything more than he has always been saying.

Ideas and goals with no mention of policy or method...

You can't lower taxes on business and lower taxes on the people while rebuilding infrastructure and rebuilding a military that doesn't even need rebuilding without having yourself a war to get the purse strings loosened to write up more debt to burn through.

The things he promises just cannot all be done, not all and likely very few will get done. We don't need lower health insurance, we need lower cost health care that is affordable without insurance like it used to be in the past. Health insurance and health care are not the same thing.

I could go on but there really is no point to it...

I guess in a nut shell, the speech was just another drawn out load of nonsense without the normal idiotic ranting and aimless babbling he usually has to offer regarding whatever is zooming through his ADD addled mind.

Maybe they have him on Ritalin now so he cans stick to what the teleprompter tells him to say...

link   

i respect that of you. i am trying to be less cynical when it comes to trump and i will keep an open mind like i did with obama. according to most trumps speech was positive tonight, lets see if he can straighten the ship and do great things.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

live from russia on msnbc

wow

this is surreal

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

But what if he does do it.

Even 10% of it.

At this point, as long as he's not trashing the Constitution along the way, a win on tehse items for Trump is a win for the American people.

For the record, I detest the man he's become. 4-5 years ago, before he started all the Birther crap, I enjoyed him as the character he played on TV.

If he can keep up the inertia of tonight. So be it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: Annee

No answer as usual. Oh, that's right, he signed some executive orders.

I know, right!?!

The immigration EO was ridiculous and just created a huge mess.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join