It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump speech to joint session of Congress, February 28, 2017

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Grambler

i am trying my hardest to find good things to say about trump. i just don't like the insulting way he goes about his agenda. there is politically correct and then there is sounding like a complete jerk and trump and his supporters seem to prefer the latter.

I think he goes over the line sometimes. Tweets about tv shows, attacking Rosie, all dumb, all rude and unnecessary.

Now I like his harsh tone with the press WHEN he is telling the truth. But the press is corrupt and worthless, and deserves to be called out.

But at the end of the day, I think he is just a retaliatory person. "You say I suck, well you suck!"

ButI learned my lesson for 8 years with Obama. Obama sounded great, but he did a terrible job.

So I am waiting to see what Trumps policies are. I like a lot (end obamacare, lower regs, no tpp, school choice, etc.).

Some I don't like (upping war on drugs, etc.)

But I am looking beyond his bluster (which again some of I like) and focusing on his orders so far, and so far< I like what I see.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Gryphon66

If he does what he said in that speech, and delivers even half of it, he will have earned his Presidency.

We'll see.

And now the reality sets in.

How.

For one: where is our steel production at?

Also I noticed "American pipelines made with American steel" ... except the one I'm aware of will be owned by Canada.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is one of the biggest problems facing our new generation now, is a growing number of "Americans" that were not born here and never really have been able to understand what been an American means because our laws and our constitution was not the laws or constitution they were born into.

Because of that fact they have no reason to learn or not want to learn about our nation at all.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If he does what he said in that speech, and delivers even half of it, he will have earned his Presidency.

We'll see.

And now the reality sets in.

How.

For one: where is our steel production at?

Also I noticed "American pipelines made with American steel" ... except the one I'm aware of will be owned by Canada.

Plenty of pipe going in the ground, the Keystone is just the tip of the iceberg.
edit on 28-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Trains make me claustrophobic.

I just read his speech.

Without the distraction of watching him give it ... it's a good speech.

If he does what he said in that speech, and delivers even half of it, hell, a tenth of it ... he will have earned his Presidency.

We'll see.

I more or less stopped listening to presidents with Obama and I haven't started the habit up again with Trump.

I read what they say and watch what they do.

He is mostly unique in delivering what he promised so far. Now, if you don't like the things he promised, you won't like him, but at least you can't say he hasn't been delivering on his campaign promises.

Obama did overhaul health care, but unfortunately for him, the cure for the disease was nothing like what was advertised.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
This is a speech about his vision and mission. He's asking for unity.

He's asking for subservience and blind acceptance of his BS.

Too many are ecstatic to give it to him.

The things he said tonight we're true to the feelings of all Americans, are they not?

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Gryphon66

dems "official response"

seriously

with all the bumbling losing potus to trump, this was actually far far worse

Ah.

Yeah. Kind of reminded me of Bobby Jindal's response to Obama.

Killed that man's national career right there.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

i care to piles of crap about ruling the world he is supposed to be leading us the u.s. of a.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's because there is a real lack of proper civics and history instruction in schools today.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
New DNC chair and ellison respond on MSNBC.

Claim that Trump lied that he inherited a mess. Claim he has nothing to do with stock rises. Say he will never keep any promises.

Now bragging on Obamacare.

Says it was "Steve Bannon on steroids"

Wow, what a pointed response! Hahaha!

link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: queenofswords
This is a speech about his vision and mission. He's asking for unity.

He's asking for subservience and blind acceptance of his BS.

Too many are ecstatic to give it to him.

The things he said tonight we're true to the feelings of all Americans, are they not?

You can speak to the feelings of all Americans?

I myself cannot.

See above, reading his speech rather than listening to him give it ... I have a bit of a different attitude toward what he said.

If he can do even 1/10th of what he said, he'll be doing a fine job ... IF ... he doesn't trample the Constitution to do it.

link   

I consider Trump's tweets to be some kind of bizarre free verse, stream of consciousness, performance art poetry.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I agree, but also many people that become citizens later on in life in the country and have not knowledge of who the nation and its laws actually works.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

yes it did

how can the official response be keep your word?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hahhaha! Wow these two are buffoons.

Not even discussing Trumps speech!

Ellisions says that dems need to win every seat all across America. Good luck with that Keith!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

they looked like a parody

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: c2oden
It is becoming increasingly more difficult for the lunatic left to post anything that does not sound blatantly partisan.

Which you say while posting one of the most blatantly partisan comments in the thread?

Wow.

I said lunatic left.
Do you disagree?

I'm not trying to be pedantic ... but do you understand what "partisan" means?

I do.
I also know what pedantic means.
I see pedantic posts by partisan leftists in every political thread here.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The Dems have no idea what to do? If i voted for Hillary that would ring all sorts of alarm bells. They really had no plan during the whole election and they still have nothing to show for except acting like a bunch of children and looking really stupid in the process. Dressing all in white and not paying respects to the president accomplishes nothing. Trump gave them his hand but they flat out refused it.

How about they start working together to benefit all americans instead of focussing on minorities. For a party that promotes unity they are awfuly quick to push the division between the american people. They should take a step back and reevaluate their choices. I'm shocked that people voted for a party that had no plans and wasn't tackling any real issues. They are all running around like headless chickens. I've never seen a political party so hell bent on destroying themselves.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

That tells you that the party still have not direction or leadership at all, it shows that their only purpose is not to unify their party and their voting base but to keep pushing for the lawlessness, bickering and crap that they have been using so far to stir protest.

Their party is going no where like that as moderates in the party will have nothing to do with the mess they have created.

No purpose, no ideology no god to worship.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I'm not sure I'd agree with your summation of Obama ... but it's time to leave that behind.

I can't watch Mr. Trump yet. It's just ... oil and water.

HOWEVER ... like I said ... if he can do a tenth of what he's discussing in that speech, without destroying the Constitution to do it, he will have my appreciation.

I've grown tired of extremism on both sides. Most Americans are in the middle. As long as he don't do something stupid and pandering to the religious right in regard to civil rights for ALL Americans, I'm willing to see what he can do.

I can't say that I won't be critical based on many of the things he's done so far ... but we've got to start working beside each other again SOMETIME ... might as well be now.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join