It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump speech to joint session of Congress, February 28, 2017

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the strangest response I have ever seen. Did they load the wrong speech into the prompter?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Oh give us a break.

This from the party of "You lie." Shouted from the floor.

Spewing impossible promises is not helping America.

And the only thing Trump has shown that he puts first and foremost is himself.

Rebuilding our infrastructure is an impossible promise? Trump had to cite a president from the 1950's - IKE and the construction of our freeway system as the last example of a large nationwide infrastructure project. That's sad but true.
This is something that must be done, it's called maintenance and it's clearly not impossible, but is critical to the future of this country.

Rebuilding our infrastructure is a great idea. Claiming that he's going to do that while cutting taxes, leaving social security and medicare untouched, and spending 54 B on the military ... empty promise.

That's one of the few points on his agenda I'm hopeful he can actually achieve, FWIW.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: D8Tee
That speech was great!
Wonder if he wrote it himself?

Melania wrote it.

He didn't get the accent right.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Al Franken was manspreading and nobody is complaining.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: JacKatMtn

keep your word

the dems response

OMFG

It's so ironic it has to be an inside joke or he lost a bet or something.

i cant believe he said that

+3 more 
link   
I love this heart string pulling about all of these people that now have insurance that didn't.

They ignore the fact that they got that insurance based on LIES!!!

Obama said you could keep you plan and doctor. LIE!!!

Obama said deductibles would go down by $2500. LIE!!!

Where is this mans bleeding heart for the small businesses that went under because of Obama care? Where is his sympathy for the hard working Americans that couldn't make home payments because of the increase in their insurance bill?

link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Not standing there is proof the Dems don't put Americans first and foremost.

That, at its most basic, is what will cost them at least eight years.

I'd say they probably just know better. Anyone can stand at a podium and read sound bites, and unless you're all whipped up in the snake oil aura of Trump, you're going to see right through it.

Yep, and you said only those people would think he could win. Oops.

And you said only those people would believe that he would sign all of the EO's he already has. Oops.

Anymore bold predictions?

What? Only what people would think he would win? That doesn't even make sense.

What did I say about the EO's exactly? Haha.

The people that "all whipped up in the snake oil aura of Trump". Try to keep up with the words you are typing.

And yes, people like you (I am not sure if you did personally) said only Trump superfans were dumb enough to think he could win.

And they said he would fall on all of his campaign promises. Yet he has already took steps with the EO's he has signed.

And now you are saying this speech was all words and he won't do anything he is saying, and so you will once again eat crow when he starts fulfilling these promises.

Funny how this goes for many on the left. "Trump is all words, he will never do this stuff!"

Then Trump does it.

"I am so offended by all of this stuff Trump is doing!!!!"

Lol at the imaginary crow you think I'm eating.

And yes, it's all talk. He's a politician. Words are words. Don't get me wrong, if he abandons his base on the immigration issue like he talked about earlier today, he'll have my support.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Democrat response starting by former dem Kentucky governor steve Bashear.

An exercise in futility.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

he called out the legislative branch

Yes, but they've got to be put to worth with some serious legislative activity, which will be a new thing in Washington that hasn't been seen in years due to all the gridlock, and some Dems are going to cross the isle, I have no doubt about Trump's ability to compromise and make that happen.

Busy busy, they're going to be and they look like they're invigorated and rearing to go to it, roll up their sleeves and start making some history on behalf of the American people.

I think they should come up with a Liberty Restoration Bill which would remove or repeal and replace everything in every other Bill passed over the last 50 years which in any way undermines or constrains individual freedoms and liberties.

To lift the yoke of the law off the people where to be alive is to have committed some crime or another many of which we're unaware.

He should also repeal and replace Bill Clinton's Telecommunications Act to break up the limited monopoly of the MSM and invite more competition and objectivity.

Once you get rolling, you could pass first 100 then 1000 bills.

He needs to turn them into a legislative churning mill - just like in the old days when the USA was making history and shaping the world.

Godspeed America. Godspeed.

link   

I have voted for both side, too, since 1978, I like to vote for candidates, no for affiliations, I guess I have never been able to identify myself with one or the other, I just like candidates independently.

I guess this election time, I just voted for Trump because honestly he is neither or, plus he was not a groomed politician and that is all is been given to us for decades now.

Right now, to tell the truth I can no find any possible candidate within the Democrats that I will be willing to vote for by the next elections, because I am sure that they state of their affairs will be as messy as they are right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
And now notice how he is going on about refugees. Did he mention inner cities that lose jobs to uncontrolled immigrants?

Nope. They don't care about "privileged Americans" they care about oppressed refugees.

Where was this man when Obama was creating these refugees by arming terrorsists in Libya and Syria?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
demss respond

KEEP YOUR WORD TRUMP

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This old codger is talking nonsense.

Why did the dems pick some old former congressman to blither on in some closed diner about talking points that weren't even in the speech?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
White is the traditional color of surrender by the losing side.

Only instead of white flags, dems went with white hags.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
This has got to be one of the strangest response I have ever seen. Did they load the wrong speech into the prompter?

The DEMS first attempt to reconnect with flyover country...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hahaha!

Jake Tapper asks why they would chose a former politicians from the dems for the response instead of a rising star like Cory Booker.

Mayber Booker had nothing to say.

link   

perhaps

link   
When the cameras turned off the old man shook the hands of the gentlemen present and apologized for being in such a hurry. He said I appreciate you inviting me to your companies yearly meeting but I have to give the Dem response to the President tonight!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
This old codger is talking nonsense.

Why did the dems pick some old former congressman to blither on in some closed diner about talking points that weren't even in the speech?

It was a stupid call on the part of the Dems. I think this guy was an ex governor in a state that voted for a Republican replacement.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
former kentucky governor has no shame,
reading a canned speech, and then in it they say that the politicians don't work for them selves they work for us. trying to turn it around, and play off the momentum that trump has with the people sad very sad.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join