It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump fires back at Pelosi: ‘We’re soon going to have a one-party system’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: xuenchen

The dems are lost and confused that is for sure. But if you think they're going to disappear you're kidding yourself.

The reps aren't doing any better though. They are gleefully following a ego maniac toward disaster while drunk on power and dropping their principles faster and faster by the day. When they're power drunken party finally ends the hangover which will set in may be much worse than they could possibly imagine.

But for the time being, "Shots anyone??"

*sigh*

Yes, it happens every time the Republicans take control of things. Inevitably the nation turns to the Democrats to swoop in and clean everything up and put the nation back on track. And just as soon as they do that, the people get bored and want more war/drama on their 24-7 news stations...so they swing right and vote Republican.

It's like having a play room for children. The Republicans come in like children and throw stuff all over, smear paint on the walls and basically just smash and destroy everything because it's fun! The adults aren't around to stop them.

Then, the adults (Democrats) arrive, kick the kids out and clean up the room and put it back to the way it was, maybe with a slight upgrade or two if they're lucky.

We have a two steps forward, one step back system in America. We've had this for a long, long time. America has always moved in a more socially liberal direction. And despite the best attempts of conservatives over the years to set us back and slow progress, it still continues in some form.

So the party of "fiscal responsibility" wants to swoop in and waste billions on frivolous defense spending and useless wars, when we could just get tax cuts or spend that money domestically to improve our nation...

That sounds about as responsible as the analogy of the kids destroying the play room to me.

News flash...there has been plenty of war and violence on the television the entire Obama presidency. On top of that extreme corruption and 10 trillion added to the debt. The dens did exactly the opposite of your claim for an entire 8 years. But by all means continue living in lala land.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The only real party going on here is the Banker party.

Every other party is a sub-party of it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: jkm1864

originally posted by: Willtell
Social security, 40 hour work week, child labor laws, anti discrimination laws, equal rights, unemployment insurance all from liberals, mostly democrats, what have conservatives republicans ever given to the American people but tax cuts for the rich.

The one party for Trump and the republicans is called the one percent party!

The end of slavery, civil rights, & women voting are a few of the things republicans have brought to the table. I think You failed to remember that the democratic party was the party of slavery and Jim Crow which You failed to mention.

And you fail to mention that the center of power for that Democratic "party" was the South ... the states of the old Confederacy, and as usual, you fail to remember that Goldwater/Nixon/Reagan successfully brought those into the "Big Tent" and formed a new Republican Party.

Remember the Southern Strategy? the Reagan Revolution?

Adjust your own "memory" to reality first before you fix others' that isn't broken.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
The only real party going on here is the Banker party.

Every other party is a sub-party of it.

Simple truth.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You will get a one party system in 4 to 8 years, but it wont be the Republicans.

Demographics is destiny! Republicans are doomed, their days are numbered and before too long the Party of Free Stuff will rule the land.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

... There are some things that people need to understand about a one party system. Starting with the premise that it isn't good.

I usually stay out of political posts but I have to ask, How can anyone celebrate the idea of a one party system as a partisan "win"?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

On paper, the communist party is excellent. Free everything. But it didn't last long. USSR collapsed after only a few decades.
edit on 1-3-2017 by WTAtennisfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: WTAtennisfan

To be fair kind of hard to maintain such a policy while your country is not self sufficient and relies on trade with other countries without your ideals. Plus corruption, corruption screws everything.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

... There are some things that people need to understand about a one party system. Starting with the premise that it isn't good.

I usually stay out of political posts but I have to ask, How can anyone celebrate the idea of a one party system as a partisan "win"?

Stupidity. That simple. "Rah-rah-rah, let me grab my pom poms" partisan politics.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join