It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump fires back at Pelosi: ‘We’re soon going to have a one-party system’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
So Nancy smears Trump on TV over the weekend.

Then Trump goes after her on a Fox interview Tuesday.

Trump says we will have a "One Party" system soon because Democrats are failing so bad, they will become irrelevant !!

What we've seen from Democrats for 8 years *IS* total failure.

He might be right.

(semi-biased article from Yahoo)..

After House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi slammed him in an interview over the weekend, President Trump responded by accusing her of undermining the Democratic Party. He even suggested that Democrats would end up becoming irrelevant.

In a “Fox & Friends” interview that aired Tuesday ahead of his address to a joint session of Congress, Trump branded Pelosi “incompetent” and said she’s “done a terrible job” as a party leader.

“You know, if you look at what’s going on with the Democrats and the party, it’s getting smaller and smaller,” Trump said.

“You know, in a certain way, I hate to see it, because I like a two-party system and we’re soon going to have a one-party system. I actually think a two-party system is healthy and good. But she’s done a terrible job.”

This is the Democrat way of doing things...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Trump says we will have a "One Party" system soon because Democrats are failing so bad, they will become irrelevant !!

He might be right.

After House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi slammed him in an interview over the weekend, President Trump responded by accusing her of undermining the Democratic Party. He even suggested that Democrats would end up becoming irrelevant.

In a “Fox & Friends” interview that aired Tuesday ahead of his address to a joint session of Congress, Trump branded Pelosi “incompetent” and said she’s “done a terrible job” as a party leader.

“You know, if you look at what’s going on with the Democrats and the party, it’s getting smaller and smaller,” Trump said.

“You know, in a certain way, I hate to see it, because I like a two-party system and we’re soon going to have a one-party system. I actually think a two-party system is healthy and good. But she’s done a terrible job.”

Is a one party system known as a dictatorship or a autocracy?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I don't know.

Is it?

What do you think, and what examples can you think of.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

THe old wood needs to be trimmed from the dems rotting tree. They are going no where, neither are the repub.

There is too much money involved, but HRC lost and she spent 1.5 billion. Is there hope?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

It's not Trump's fault that the Dems dug their own shallow grave and leapt right in.

edit on 28-2-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Ask California. They've been doing it at the state level now for quite a while.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
In Australia both out parties are failing making it a good time for independents.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Firstly, without saying you do, if you think this is a "good" thing, you're kidding yourself.
Secondly, from the perspective of a centrist, both parties haven't been about anything other than gaining more power and control over the masses for decades. The only REAL differentiation has been by the means they've done it.
So, whether this was intended to be a "rah-rah-rah, let me grab my pom poms" partisan OP either for such an event to occur, or just a divisionary hitpiece on Trump, matters little. There are some things that people need to understand about a one party system. Starting with the premise that it isn't good.

edit on 28-2-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would welcome their self immolation and demise... but it's going to take a bit of a weaning period followed by a few years of self responsibility to pry their Kept Voter base away from them in large enough numbers to truly plant that party under 6 feet of glorious earth.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

from your Snopes link...

results:

ERROR: PAGE NOT FOUND

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm impressed that old bat even remembered trump is president.

Kind of surprised she didn't go on a rant about president taft or bring up her recent visit with henry the eighth.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It wasn't related. Not even sure why it posted. I removed it

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen Double

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

The dems are lost and confused that is for sure. But if you think they're going to disappear you're kidding yourself.

The reps aren't doing any better though. They are gleefully following a ego maniac toward disaster while drunk on power and dropping their principles faster and faster by the day. When they're power drunken party finally ends the hangover which will set in may be much worse than they could possibly imagine.

But for the time being, "Shots anyone??"

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
we already have a 1 party system, the big oil party

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
That seems to be the course wanted and laid: authoritarianism/one party.

The scary thing is many people in the country would not have a problem with that.

Some on the left if it were a democratic president, and some on the right with a republican president.

Frightening how divided we've become.

ETA:

Personally, I like checks and balances.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: xuenchen

He might be right.

It's a democracy, our elections are decided by the PEOPLE. Democrats need to dump the radical SJW's, stop pandering to the illegal and non-working classes, scale back their religion of globalization/global warming, and start focusing on working Americans (even unions are gravitating towards the right). If democrats would do that, they could make up a lot of ground, the establishment and religious right leave much to be desired, which is why Trump was able to win.
edit on 28-2-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
we already have a 1 party system, the big oil party
Big oil, big corporate, big war Industry, elititist non accountability, need I continue? Like I said, the only REAL differentiation has been by the methods they have achieved the same ends.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Dems are most likely going to win a lot of seats in 2018. Trump has upset and underwhelmed so many people with his divisiveness and incompetence.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The rise of the "Corporate Party" is upon us !!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join