It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signs Bills Supporting Women Entrepreneurs and Women in STEM Fields

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

Well I can't speak to the veracity of his statement, but he said there are women with the degree, and they struggle to get a job. So it's a two-fold problem. One, women don't get into the field (harder to fix and may not need to be), and two, the ones who are in the field can't get work (what he is trying to fix here).

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
About time. Women are still paid less in many sectors. It's about time for gender equality in pay.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My wife heard they were wearing white for women's suffrage and she looked at me and said " they are really stupider than I thought. They can't even have a original thought. Suffrage was 100 years ago???"

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The MSM can't cover this with any importance because it would encourage Women's groups not to protest anything.

They (the MSM) Must keep division in play.

I really doubt it would change the direction of women's groups.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
My wife heard they were wearing white for women's suffrage and she looked at me and said " they are really stupider than I thought. They can't even have a original thought. Suffrage was 100 years ago???"

Your wife doesnt seem to ...ummm....insightful...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ivanka wears white .. RACIST.
Dems wear white .. Support women.

This world is lost.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This world is lost.

when did someone call Ivanka a racist for wearing white?

for all i know, she was wearing white for the same reason the dems were.
edit on 1-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

This world is lost.

I meant Melania don't know why I said Ivanka.

Melania Trump's RNC fashion: A scary statement

On Monday night, Melania Trump was a not-so-subliminal billboard for what’s looking like the Trumpian view of an ideal America.

And if that’s the fashion statement she intended to make, it’s a very scary one.

www.philly.com...

Same writer said Clinton, dressed in all white, was a beacon of hope.

DNC Fashion: Hillary Clinton looked presidential in an all-white pantsuit

White is hue that's both soft and strong. But it was appropriate: Her acceptance speech was a coming out of sorts. Clinton's white pantusit is telling us she has arrived. This is surreal. A dream come true.

www.philly.com...

You could not make this stuff up.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

This world is lost.

I meant Melania don't know why I said Ivanka.

Melania Trump's RNC fashion: A scary statement

On Monday night, Melania Trump was a not-so-subliminal billboard for what’s looking like the Trumpian view of an ideal America.

And if that’s the fashion statement she intended to make, it’s a very scary one.

www.philly.com...

Same writer said Clinton, dressed in all white, was a beacon of hope.

DNC Fashion: Hillary Clinton looked presidential in an all-white pantsuit

White is hue that's both soft and strong. But it was appropriate: Her acceptance speech was a coming out of sorts. Clinton's white pantusit is telling us she has arrived. This is surreal. A dream come true.

www.philly.com...

You could not make this stuff up.

One person had an opinion (back in July) and bc of that the world is lost?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

It's not just one person. It was actually published. Many agree.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It's not just one person. It was actually published. Many agree.

I have never even heard of this girl before, and even if many agree...its opinion. She is just a fashion writer i might add. Also, i do not see anyone agreeing with her, just her opinionated article.

seems like you are easily sensitive. I wouldnt put much thought into opinions of others.
edit on 1-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The MSM can't cover this with any importance because it would encourage Women's groups not to protest anything.

I think it might.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think it might.

If don does one or 2 good moves...people are not going to change their ways of thinking and jump on board the trump train.

sorry, i dont see that happening...but kudos to don for making some good moves

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

IMO I see this victimization mentality about women and minorities as nothing more than a way for the establishment (MSM,GOP,DNC,Lobbyist) to keep us from treating each other equally.

I recall watching a youtube video from an ex KGB agent decades ago who left after the demise of the cold war and he talked about these type of methods to encourage division between Americans as their only viable method to destroy America, These type of bills remind me of these tactics and perhaps they are still in play and were more effective then they suspected.

The other angle I see for these type of programs that give women an advantage is because the Corporations want to flood the worker pool with more engineers under the guise of helping women.

There is absolutely nothing that is preventing or discouraging a women from going into science related fields . These women are not looking for equality they are looking for an advantage and the establishment is looking to flood the science related worker pool in order to lower their cost.

This is solely about money and not some Kum ba yah moment to help women become equal ,because they already are when it comes to the desire and ability to become Engineers or in the science related industries.

When I decided to go to Engineering school and work as an Engineer My penis did not give me any advantage nor encouraged me to go into Engineering.

These type of bills are pure Political BS to keep us distracted from real issues.

If we need more engineers than encourage PEOPLE to go into engineering and not just target whites,blacks,male,fat,skinny,ugly,pretty people. Make it equal for everyone.

/rant

edit on 33331America/ChicagoWed, 01 Mar 2017 14:33:11 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Many men can't either. They don't blame gender for it though.

If a women or minority has an equal resume to a white male, the white males loses everytime, lets not kid ourselves. A corporation will try to pad their diversity(not white male) stats if they can. Every company likes to bring up that worthless stat for some virtue signaling.

Here is a start, cut off the H1B program, that is the main competition for private sector white collar jobs that require a professional degree.

Most of these programs are feel good projects.

They do cause some dumb things to occur. In the construction industry I know of various companies where the white man gives majority ownership to their wife in order scoop up the goodies given to all non-white males. Usually the wife is a secretary, sometimes full time, sometimes part time.

I am saying whatever it is will have no effect. What I am worried about is when the numbers say we equalized but in reality its a dire situation. What is the male to female college student ratio these days? It has already begun.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WTAtennisfan
About time. Women are still paid less in many sectors. It's about time for gender equality in pay.

Last I checked I got paid what I was willing to accept after I negotiated my set salary?

Perhaps they need to start a course for women to not sell themselves short?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: WTAtennisfan

Last I checked I got paid what I was willing to accept after I negotiated my set salary?

Perhaps they need to start a course for women to not sell themselves short?

Just bc you do not see the inequality happening does not mean it is not happening. I do not personally see it either but its happening. Actually I did personally see it in my last job but it was at the corporate level that I stayed out of, and glad I could. The men were idiotically demoralizing, painful to watch.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Just bc you do not see the inequality happening does not mean it is not happening.

Show me one law that's preventing a women from getting a science related education or one law that encourages men to go into science related fields that excludes women?

This is pure hog wash. There is absolutely no reason or hurdle that stops a female from going into science related fields or entrepreneurship. They have the same hurdles as everyone else that is effected by the same things, contacts,circumstances, money,education,timing,family,friends,luck,etc very little has todo with being male or female. In some cases Female is an advantage ,sometimes its not but the same with being male.

This is as silly as trying to create laws and schools for only men to become nurses.

Either we are equal or we are not we shouldn't be encouraging any laws that hinders other based on their sex,color, or race.

The men were idiotically demoralizing, painful to watch.

We wouldn't be surprised but I'm sure they gave no favors to males they didn't like or didn't fit their clicks either.

edit on 05331America/ChicagoThu, 02 Mar 2017 09:05:20 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
"“Inspiring the Next Space Pioneers, Innovators, Researchers, and Explorers (INSPIRE) Women Act” (H.R. 321) directs NASA “to encourage women and girls to study science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM), pursue careers in aerospace, and further advance the nation’s space science and exploration efforts through support of the following initiatives: NASA GIRLS and NASA BOYS; Aspire to Inspire; and Summer Institute in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Research.”

I don't understand what this "bill" actually does when the wording is "encourages".

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Just bc you do not see the inequality happening does not mean it is not happening.

Show me one law that's preventing a women from getting a science related education or one law that encourages men to go into science related fields that excludes women?

This is pure hog wash. There is absolutely no reason or hurdle that stops a female from going into science related fields or entrepreneurship. They have the same hurdles as everyone else that is effected by the same things, contacts,circumstances, money,education,timing,family,friends,luck,etc very little has todo with being male or female. In some cases Female is an advantage ,sometimes its not but the same with being male.

This is as silly as trying to create laws and schools for only men to become nurses.

Either we are equal or we are not we shouldn't be encouraging any laws that hinders other based on their sex,color, or race.

The men were idiotically demoralizing, painful to watch.

We wouldn't be surprised but I'm sure they gave no favors to males they didn't like or didn't fit their clicks either.

lol, the laws are there, yes...but they are not always enforced.

passing laws and enforcing them...2 separate issues...unfortunately.

and about my last company...basically...if you had a penis...you got all the awards, best territories, glory and money.
edit on 2-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join