It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signs Bills Supporting Women Entrepreneurs and Women in STEM Fields

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

I identify as a woman.

Or I mean, I can, if it'll get me a few extra bucks.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I wish he would take responsibility for things instead of blaming others, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

That is because a precedent was set in the last administration, remember how much was Bush's fault when Obama was in office? SO really this is the new norm, thank the last guy in the seat for that.
As for this bill, it's actually a huge mistake in my opinion. We need to stop focusing on just segments of society and start doing things that benefit everyone. I applaud the thinking on it, as it is a good idea. I just think that a effort to engage all children and foster the sciences is the way to go. Make sure anyone who has the skills and desires to go into the STEM fields is encouraged and nurtured through it. I mean the state of US education shows everybody needs the help for those fields, not just women.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So currently the answer is "NO".

Got it. There is no need for the tirade.

3 and 1/3rd lines of text isn't a "tirade" by any definition I'm aware of. It was more along the lines of a blast and yeah, it was needed.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Let's see the hatred and sexism now.

Oh the irony.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Trump has long been a proponent of advancing women in the work place. I mean even just look at his campaign, Kelly-Anne Conway, the first woman campaign manager to lead a candidate to the Presidency. If many of these women's groups weren't so blinded and brainwashed by liberal propaganda, they would be applauding what Trump has done for professional women.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

We saw the same with Bush. His cabinet was among the most diverse ever for a POTUS, yet the media and the left has always focused on that idiotic Kanye West quote from the Katrina fund raiser.

It is inconvenient to the narrative for any Conservative in a position of power to work towards the betterment of females or minorities. This is most likely because of the massive tangible differences between words (incessantly ranting about the problem) and actions (actually just taking steps to address the problem). Words dangle like a carrot, constantly encouraging the horse to pull your cart along while actions require sincerity and personal commitment throughout the entire process.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hmm, the usual characters aren't showing up.

Not surprising since this thread has a positive title.

Maybe they come out after dark!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What the bill is intended to accomplish is secondary, in this thread, to why its under reported (if, indeed, it is).

Honestly, I don't remember every bill being signed by any president getting full attention. Isn't it normal that presidents always get more attention for the things people dislike rather than what they like. It was that way with Obama and Bush. Should it be different for Trump?

It was that way for Obama??? Maybe Fox coverage but the fawning over him by the liberal media was biased on the opposite end, by far, same for Slick Willy.

Do you see a trend?

Nonetheless, I would like to see the media balanced, reporting on successes and failures, not just irrelevant buzz as they do today (unless complete disasters occur). But they need viewers and clicks, so today's media is what we have.

Maybe we have ourselves to blame, definitely in part.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Other than sounding like affirmative action for boobs, exactly what does this accomplish? I mean, I'm a woman and fail to see the vast majority of issues the feminists cry into their hot cocoa about, so...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
“It’s unacceptable that we have so many American women who have these degrees but yet are not being employed in these fields, so I think that’s going to change, and it’s going to change very rapidly. Protecting women with STEM degrees and all Americans with STEM degrees – very important, but it also means you have to crackdown on offshoring, because the offshoring is a tremendous problem that displaces many of our American workers and brains, the brain power,” Trump said.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

When I was in tech engineering college some 15 years ago, about 2% of the student body was female.

And it was all the Patriarchy's fault!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Other than sounding like affirmative action for boobs, exactly what does this accomplish? I mean, I'm a woman and fail to see the vast majority of issues the feminists cry into their hot cocoa about, so...

it doesnt sound anything like affirmative action to me. they are looking at the women they allready have and what skills, talents, etc they are good at then leveraging those people to inspire the next generation. obviously all of the women they are talking about are highly qualified individuals who allready have a STEM degree, unlike affirmative action who will place anyone into a position just as long as they pass the color test while denying those jobs to people who are more qualified.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Why do women need a handicap in engineering? What advantage does a Male have going into engineering?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I don't disagree....its not typical that presidents would have every move reported on, although I would imagine it would have been covered on something like this. It was a PR opportunity for Trump, and had the media been in a supportive mood they could have hooked him up with some optics. He doesn't seem to want to quid their pro quo, so they likely don't see the benefit in helping him out.

While it wouldn't be typical to see a lot of coverage of the day to day stuff for a POTUS....there is nothing typical about what is happening.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

What does the bill affect aside from telling NASA to give a report in 90 days on how they might be able to implement encouragement?

The bill seems nice and all I just don't see what exactly it is meant to change... no... How is it supposed to change things.

Bills are always being passed that say a lot, but do little. Well this may do something, but we will have to wait and see after the 90 days when NASA makes it recommendations and what they do after that. Don't get me wrong because I do think the bill is a step in a the right direction, but it falls short of any real goal ATM.

LOL Watch Mattel get a fat grant to make Astronaut Barbie, Nuclear Physicist Barbie and Rainbow Glitter Chemistry Sets! Yeah, that's the ticket!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
After all the blatantly paid anti-Trump advertisers lately on Reddit, with their daily bashing of everything the man does plastered all over the front page, haven't one ounce of courage to post this.

This information, which should be front page....
....is no where to be found.

Huh.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So in essence-"We can't say this is good or bad until we see the effects, so until then let's speculate and flip our collective @#$% over what he MIGHT do."

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Why do women need a handicap in engineering? What advantage does a Male have going into engineering?

I think this all boils down to humans trying to create their environment.

It could be that women, on the whole, would be phenomenal engineers and we have just erected cultural obstacles for them. It could also be that, on average, women do not find pleasure in the tasks required to be an engineer, so shy away from it. Or maybe its not a good fit for the way they think.

There may be undefined disciplines of science that leverage feminine insight in ways we currently don't use.

I suspect that we will find that gender roles are part of some hardwired skillsets that tend to relate to the genetic differences between men and women. And it seems like a lot of banging ones head against the wall.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

its a feel good bill.

Check what majors guys and girls pick. Unless we are to have major quotas or a change in culture its pointless.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The MSM can't cover this with any importance because it would encourage Women's groups not to protest anything.

They (the MSM) Must keep division in play.

THIS....this IMO cannot be more true!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join