It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Signs Bills Supporting Women Entrepreneurs and Women in STEM Fields

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You know, I didn't vote for Trump - I didn't vote in the Presidential election. Up to election day I wasn't pro-Trump, I was anti-Hillary the entire way -- check my post history if you don't believe me.

I still have my reservations on Trump. He has his blindspots, checkered past and faults & I'm willing to bet every human does! But he's POTUS and deserves more scrutiny than the average citizen.

THAT SAID, the venom with which the liberal media attacks Trump 24/7 (they literally don't take a minute off - my hats off to their persistence to non-stop hatred!) is incomprehensible. I don't have that much hate in my heart to go at one person day in and day out... thus, again, kudos to the liberals for being able to keep it up!

The 24/7 attacks don't leave much of any room/time for acknowledging Trump's successes. The beating of this "dead horse of hate" by the left has taken me from 'on the fence' to completely behind Trump. You're right, it probably wasn't a huge leap because I am conservative but I liken it to the troops. Our military/troops have a blindspot, a checkered past and faults. I don't agree with much of what the military/troops do/has done over the last 15 years and beyond, but dammit I support them and hope they succeed at what they are doing!!

Anyway, Trump Signs Bills Supporting Women Entrepreneurs and Women in STEM Fields.

This isn't all over the MSM, including Fox. I'm sure there are plenty of excuses as to why.

But just for proof's sake:
Here is CNN's search engine result
Here is Fox's search engine result

Now, is it difficult to sign a couple of bills that support women?....No. But I feel it is significant that few/no MSM outlets are reporting on it, even if it is a blurb because it's just more confirmation that the MSM only reports on what they think you should know. And it hearkens me back to a reply within a thread I posted about giving the MSM the time of day (I DON'T!). And I feel too many people give too much respect to the MSM, STILL!! Hell, even W. Bush said:

"Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you! Fool me ...uh...er...you can't get fooled again!"

So what's your excuse for getting fooled over and over and over, daily by the MSM (if you listen to them. If you don't, then this isn't regarding you)?? Could it be due to hatred towards your fellow American(s) that has consumed you?!??!?...which was likely created by the MSM and certainly fostered by them.

Anyway, just wanted to bring some good news to the forefront and let everyone on both sides know that I hope Trump does America proud (even though that means completely different things to everyone....and we wonder why we can't agree on anything...)

There is so much more I wanted to include in this thread but I know when I see OP's that are too long, I tune out.

Have fun!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If you watch the news you are a fool, and shame on er shame .. dont get fooled again.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think the HR321 is particularly important...
www.congress.gov...
Helping women achieve in a field that they have not had an equal footing in.

SEC. 4. PLAN. Not later than 90 days after the date of enactment of this Act, the Administrator shall submit to the Committee on Science, Space, and Technology of the House of Representatives and the Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation of the Senate a plan for how NASA can best facilitate and support both current and retired astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators, including early career female astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators, to engage with K–12 female STEM students and inspire the next generation of women to consider participating in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and to pursue careers in aerospace. This plan shall— (1) report on existing activities with current and retired NASA astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators; (2) identify how NASA could best leverage existing authorities to facilitate and support current and retired astronaut, scientist, engineer, and innovator participation in NASA outreach efforts; (3) propose and describe a program specific to retired astronauts, scientists, engineers, and innovators; and (4) identify any additional authorities necessary to institute such a program.

I believe Trump has now signed 6 Bills since he became President (5 if you exclude the bill that allowed Mattis to become defSec).
edit on 28/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

But Trump HATES women people!

That's what the politicos say.

That's why they are marching and other rubbish.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What does the bill affect aside from telling NASA to give a report in 90 days on how they might be able to implement encouragement?

The bill seems nice and all I just don't see what exactly it is meant to change... no... How is it supposed to change things.

Bills are always being passed that say a lot, but do little. Well this may do something, but we will have to wait and see after the 90 days when NASA makes it recommendations and what they do after that. Don't get me wrong because I do think the bill is a step in a the right direction, but it falls short of any real goal ATM.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Maybe we need a good field of woman scientists who are space-capable, you know for the next few one-way missions to Mars or wherever we need to colonize next. Keeping them interested in science and making it popular for women seems like a plan in action.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The MSM can't cover this with any importance because it would encourage Women's groups not to protest anything.

They (the MSM) Must keep division in play.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Always my opinion. Sounds nice. Let's wait and see what actually happens.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

But Trump HATES women people!

That's what the politicos say.

That's why they are marching and other rubbish.

There is much flying under the radar at the moment.

Trump also issued an EO which included a ban/prevention on tax payer funder bailouts as part of his administration core principals for regulating the financial industry.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Presidential Executive Order on Core Principles for Regulating the United States Financial System EXECUTIVE ORDER - - - - - - - CORE PRINCIPLES FOR REGULATING THE UNITED STATES FINANCIAL SYSTEM
By the power vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows: Section 1. Policy. It shall be the policy of my Administration to regulate the United States financial system in a manner consistent with the following principles of regulation, which shall be known as the Core Principles:
(a) empower Americans to make independent financial decisions and informed choices in the marketplace, save for retirement, and build individual wealth;
(b) prevent taxpayer-funded bailouts;
(c) foster economic growth and vibrant financial markets through more rigorous regulatory impact analysis that addresses systemic risk and market failures, such as moral hazard and information asymmetry;
(d) enable American companies to be competitive with foreign firms in domestic and foreign markets;
(e) advance American interests in international financial regulatory negotiations and meetings;
(f) make regulation efficient, effective, and appropriately tailored; and
(g) restore public accountability within Federal financial regulatory agencies and rationalize the Federal financial regulatory framework.

Oh.. and a task force to work to help historically black colleges and universities..

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Always my opinion. Sounds nice. Let's wait and see what actually happens.

Yup. You summed up what I was thinking.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
What does the bill affect aside from telling NASA to give a report in 90 days on how they might be able to implement encouragement?

The bill seems nice and all I just don't see what exactly it is meant to change... no... How is it supposed to change things.

Bills are always being passed that say a lot, but do little. Well this may do something, but we will have to wait and see after the 90 days when NASA makes it recommendations and what they do after that. Don't get me wrong because I do think the bill is a step in a the right direction, but it falls short of any real goal ATM.

Hmmm. So how come Trump's words that are deemed to be negative draw such angst then? Why are liberals not waiting to see what happens instead of getting all upset and smashing things up?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This is part of the plan.. this incessant bias and hatred on the part of the left will only serve to further deepen the divides. I mean this behaviour is unprecedented.

Trump and his administration better start making Pizzagate arrests as soon as possible.

Then we'll start seeing the people taking the law into their own hands.

If those arrests really do happen we might even see the administration respond in a rather heavy handed way to enforce law and order. I mean can you imagine, 30% of D.C. being compromised? Circumstantial evidence was enough for one guy to drive from another state with his AR-15 to investigate.

Heads will roll. Heads need to roll.

ETA: Oh.. sorry. I must have mistaken this for another thread... My bad.

No surprise the mainstream media isn't covering this. Fake news...
edit on 2017228 by DeadMoonJester because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What the bill is intended to accomplish is secondary, in this thread, to why its under reported (if, indeed, it is).

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I hope it works out and is positive. Not for Trump's sake, but for America's.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Are you claiming there are people protesting against this bill?

Don't ask me why others are doing different things. I don't speak for them. My opinion on Trump will differ from many. He does a lot of stupid crap some harmful possibly some good and some things we need to wait and see. I wish he would take responsibility for things instead of blaming others, but it doesn't look like that will happen.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What the bill is intended to accomplish is secondary, in this thread, to why its under reported (if, indeed, it is).

Honestly, I don't remember every bill being signed by any president getting full attention. Isn't it normal that presidents always get more attention for the things people dislike rather than what they like. It was that way with Obama and Bush. Should it be different for Trump?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
That PROVES it. Trump's a SEXIST.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: UKTruth

Are you claiming there are people protesting against this bill?

No, the protesters are waiting for CNN, MSNBC, and their local community organizers to tell them they should protest the bill just as they wait for all their other marching orders. That's part of the point, CNN and MSNBC have been silent about the bill.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So currently the answer is "NO".

Got it. There is no need for the tirade.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Silence can be a form of protest. The question is whether the silence is intentional or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join