It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry: Why All The Secrecy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osirisrisen

On the same note just as one can work for a company and have knowledge of the day to day operations, the same individual may not have a clue as to what happens in other compartments of the organization. This individual will deny any hint of scandal aimed towards the company, becuase they just don't see it.

You're certainly correct that this is the case with many companies, but such an analogy cannot be made with Freemasonry. The reason for this is that Masonry simply cannot be compared to a company because it is set up in an entirely different manner.

In a privately owned company, the owner call the shots. In a corporation, the Board of Directors calls the shots. But in Masonry, all official decisions are made by majority vote at annual Grand Lodge sessions, in which all members may attend. In short, Masonic leadership does not have the powerr to do anything without the support of their constituents, namely, the general membership.

In regards to Masonry there is the theory that there is an organization within the organization. I don't know how anyone not belonging to this supposed inner organization would have knowledge of it. Even if you've been involved with Freemasonry for 30+ years and have been loyal to the organization.

There are certainly are organizations within the general framework of the fraternity, but all Masons are aware of their existence. There is York Rite, Scottish Rite, Shriners, Tall Cedars of Lebanon, Grottos, and many others.

How many Enron employees do you think knew what was going on with that company. I choose not to be naive but to be open to all possibilities, and to put my trust in The Supreme Being.

Master Masons are not employees of Freemasonry. They are, in fact, the Body of the Craft, and each member's vote has equal weight with every other. The Grand Master has one vote, and the 19 year old who just became a Master Mason last week has one vote.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osirisrisen
In regards to Masonry there is the theory that there is an organization within the organization. I don't know how anyone not belonging to this supposed inner organization would have knowledge of it. Even if you've been involved with Freemasonry for 30+ years and have been loyal to the organization.

I would direct you to this thread, authored by me, to elaborate on how I feel about this claim. Take it for what it is, however, as my opinion, based on what I have studied.

Side note: Is anyone else seeing question marks where other symbols should be since the server change?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Master Masons are not employees of Freemasonry. They are, in fact, the Body of the Craft, and each member's vote has equal weight with every other. The Grand Master has one vote, and the 19 year old who just became a Master Mason last week has one vote.

Just out of curiosity, what do you think the average Mason newbie's age is? Do you really have a young crowd. When I picture a Mason Lodge meeting, all I can see in my head is a group of men ages 50-70. I know that's probably not true.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Just out of curiosity, what do you think the average Mason newbie's age is? Do you really have a young crowd. When I picture a Mason Lodge meeting, all I can see in my head is a group of men ages 50-70. I know that's probably not true.

I would estimate that the age of new candidates is between 25 and 30, just based on what I've seen locally.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Quote: "In regards to Masonry there is the theory that there is an organization within the organization."

What an IN-GENIUS CONCEPT!!! MWUHAHAHAHAHA!

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join