It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seems tomatoes are in season!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster

i tried lamb a bit back...babies are for yuck
some goats over near the dark vortex....
up the road from n,
were eatenfor stew wher a smaell under the house and woam it flies everwre...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Mine were looking a bit peckish, my bother gave me some of his fish fertilizer and they have rallied like champions.

Still green but big, beautiful, and new blossoms galore.

Will fry up some green ones soon and will save my giant cherry tomatoes for the salads, or just eating off the vine, if I can keep the children out of them.

I was wondering why my nephew had started a daily trip to my house every evening. He said it was for the exercise, maybe, but his daily visit to my tomatoes I guess was to replenish his energy for the trip back.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic
I so agree.

The only time I put a tomato in the refrigerator is if I was unable to use the whole tomato. I will store a cut one for a short period of time in the fridge.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I so agree.

The only time I put a tomato in the refrigerator is if I was unable to use the whole tomato. I will store a cut one for a short period of time in the fridge.

My general rule of thumb is to store fruits and veggies the same way they are stored at the supermarket. If you notice, most fruits and veggies are not stored in the refrigerated area of the produce section, they are just left out at room temp like tomatoes. Only leafy greens and some more delicate veggies like cucumbers and mushrooms are consistently kept cool. My only exception to that rule are berries and grapes, they tolerate the fridge just fine and definitely last longer when chilled, or if you are storing something for more than a few days.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

My only exception to that rule are berries and grapes, they tolerate the fridge just fine and definitely last longer when chilled, or if you are storing something for more than a few days.

I think the secret to berries and grapes, is not to wash them until you are ready to eat them. They last longer, in and out of the fridge, if you don't wash them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join