It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Down : Increased Error Rates - Echo not working...damnit!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well this is a first for me. It seems Amazon has experienced some large outage with their servers. It took down all music streaming in my area. Seems odd to me that a giant like this would have issues. They should have a Tier 4 datacenter and 5-6 9's uptime. This would appear to me to be a malicious attack on Amazon seeing as it has been down for some time now. I wonder what else is housed in their Virginia DC that is having issues right now.

Anywho...kinda pissed I can't listen to Punch Brothers right now!

Amazon Down

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yeah. it's been down all day.

I'm thinking it's some networking hardware issue.

But we will just have to wait.

btw this is affecting amazon east servers.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I bet this is Shia Laboef's newest "F U" to Corporate America.

Ever since Trump was elected he's become more and more unhinged. This is definitely something Shia would do (maybe with the help of Jaden Smith too!)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I bet this is Shia Laboef's newest "F U" to Corporate America.

Ever since Trump was elected he's become more and more unhinged. This is definitely something Shia would do (maybe with the help of Jaden Smith too!)

Only if they could both wear dresses and bags over their heads....then it would be a party.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Nah, hardware issues never cause outages like this anymore. Everything is redundant- but bad configurations break systems. Maybe related to the Google software update changing how some encryption works- bricked tens of thousands of chrome books recently.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

This would appear to me to be a malicious attack on Amazon

Probably not. But I bet someone will be getting a major butt-chewing (or looking for another gig) after it's all back up.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
so what?....nobody can live WITHOUT amazon for awhile?....

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I thought this happened to amazon a couple days ago too. So, I go to look at downdetector and I get Error 524. Your browser: Working Chicago Cloudflare: Working Downdetector.com: Host error.

It's bad when downdetector is down lol.

lol, isitdownrightnow.com is down.

downforeveryoneorjustme.com is up and confirms the other two are down.

edit on 28-2-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I am able to get on amazon, add things to my cart. I will have to switch to chrome and look at streaming video.

I went on Chrome and was able to play the first movie listed in Prime, which is Creed.

Though, it wasn't immediate. Even the trailer struggled to load.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Just Russia hacking into things. I've got no proof, but that apparently doesn't matter these days. I just know they are guilty.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Noticed several other things today. My Sirius radio for the computer is not working either.

Oh and my brand new microwave quit my printers are screwy too but probably not related.

Thought today was Tuesday but seems like a Monday

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

thanks for the thread.
i was thinking of ordering some items later today from amazon. perhaps i'll wait a bit.
s&f

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

LOL exactly. I was going to browse IGN and Avclub earlier and both of these sites were down, so I took to google and wrote IGN IS IT DOWN. From there I went to the IS IT DOWN website, which was down too...this is sort of like if google went down so you couldnt google what happened.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Scribd.com has been down as well...something might be afoot?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Verse
a reply to: reldra

LOL exactly. I was going to browse IGN and Avclub earlier and both of these sites were down, so I took to google and wrote IGN IS IT DOWN. From there I went to the IS IT DOWN website, which was down too...this is sort of like if google went down so you couldnt google what happened.

Google was down for about an hour a couple days ago. Things that are NEVER down have had problems lately. Usually cox/comcast/TWC/Charter spectrum are the top of the list for outage reports. Recently it has been sites I can never remember being down.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
One of the reason's I don't store any of my media in the cloud.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Just tried to access my orders page, no luck. It's says they are having problems viewing my orders right now.
I really hope this isn't accounts being hacked...
You can still order things, but can't check or view the order.
Wierd.
Apparently it's an east coast problem right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
East coast here. Noticed slow load times but I attributed it to using the underground app on 4G. Now that I'm on my home WiFi everything's fine. Streaming is OK, can view my orders, check out and everything else without trouble. As a matter of fact I've placed a few orders throughout the day, watched an episode of The Grand Tour earlier and have been streaming music for about an hour.

I'm exhausted or I'd try to figure out how that works. ISP maybe? I never seem to have trouble when these things happen in the NE.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
All good now...seems fixed!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I wonder if that 4chan guy tried to upload his alien picture into Amazon's cloud earlier today.

Stuff happens backed by Murphy's Law.
edit on 2/28/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Could these issues possibly have been caused by Geomagnetic storms?

My Tivo and TV have been wonky for a couple of days, randomly not connecting or showing "Problem with signal" messages.
My Tivo randomly rebooted twice, and did not record one of my favorite shows last night.

www.spaceweather.com...

SOLAR WIND, INCOMING: A canyon-shaped hole in the sun's atmosphere is spewing a stream of solar wind toward Earth. Polar geomagnetic storms could begin as early as Feb. 28th when the leading edge of the stream reaches our planet. NOAA forecasters estimate a 60% chance of G1-class storms on March 1st when Earth is fully enveloped by the fast-moving solar wind.

www.solarham.net...

February 27, 2017 @ 01:20 UTC
Geomagnetic Storm Watch
A minor (G1) geomagnetic storm watch was added for March 1st. A solar wind stream flowing from a soon to be geoeffective coronal hole is expected to contribute to a geomagnetic disturbance. Sky watchers at higher latitudes should be alert for visual aurora by the middle of this week.

edit on 2/28/17 by BlueAjah because: eta

edit on 2/28/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join