It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify this object? It's possibly religious, unsure.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hi folks,

The Mrs found this in a bag she purchased recently, thought it was interesting but unsure what it is or what it symbolises, there is no English on the item, making it pretty hard to research myself,

It features a small metal person, with 4 hands, 2 covering the face and 2 across the legs - the back of it has something like a snake or rope. If I was to take a wild, naive guess, I'd say it looks to be related to Buddhism, but honestly no idea.

postimg.org...

postimg.org...

postimg.org...

I'm sure it's probably of little significance, but we're just curious what it is, hopefully somebody could help,

Thanks for reading

edit on 28-2-2017 by fill0000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: fill0000
I'm sure there should be two more monkeys in the set.
The one in the top picture is obviously "See no evil".
If you haven't got "Hear no evil" and "Speak no evil", that's an incomplete set, which should have been cheaper.

edit on 28-2-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Buddha

Take your pick.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The writing seem to be Thai alphabet.

Goggle Phra Pidta 4 armed
edit on 28-2-2017 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What's of more interest to me is your Avatar. From a 12 year ATS member, It reminds me of a video of every Nuclear Bomb ever exploded on earth in time lapse.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It looks like a Thai Buddhist amulet.

I remember when I was in Bangkok, a friend told me that it was illegal to export amulets of proven providence, but that there were many fakes being sold to unsuspecting tourists for hugely inflated prices.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It's likely the Avalokiteshvara Buddha of compassion. Four arms gives that away. As for the Mudras hand positions, it may be a weeping Buddha, which may or may not be the case. The Unalome symbol on his back is a male symbol for enlightenment. Sitting in the Lotus position for meditation. Covering the face could be a reference to the original face before birth being covered.
edit on 28-2-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Kali maybe? A god from Hindu.

top topics

join