It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will be the Greatest American President!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The way to determine if he will be regarded as the greatest president ever is measure his success against his singlular objective of "make America great again."

To my knowledge he has not yet set any success measures against which 'great' can be defined and measured.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
With Trump's poor history of ripping people off and being the raging narcissistic that he is. Even if he were to do everything right, there is no way he would be the greatest.

On the contrary, Trump IS the worst president this country has ever seen. There is no close second. Trump is on a level on his own by trying to push an authoritarian state into our democracy.

You really should stop parroting the disinformation you hear on CNN. Allow me to educate you my fellow American. Here is the textbook definition of an authoritarian state.

Noun 1. authoritarian state - a government that concentrates political power in an authority not responsible to the people.

To reiterate what Trump has pledged to do and is currently in the process of doing in no particular order:

1. Secure the borders of the US from those who would enter illegally.
2. Reduce corporate taxes to 15%.
3. Reduce personal taxes and simplify the US tax code.
4. Increase military spending.
5. Revamp the VA to take proper care of our returning, existing, and retired soldiers.
6. Reduce oversized governmental agencies laden with fat and waste.
7. Lessen or remove entirely regulations which choke out domestic business and growth.
8. Repeal and replace Obamacare which is hands down the biggest failure any single president in history. I beg you to PLEASE attempt to argue otherwise but be forewarned you will get hit with an asteroid called FACTS.
9. Revamp our ridiculously idiotic refugee vetting process.
10. Reduce the number of refugees allowed to enter the US.
11. Make countries pay for the security services the US military provides worldwide.
12. Drain that mother effin swamp. You know...the very people who live in their own highly protected bubble with their impossible to touch pension program, private health care system, special tax rates, special tax exemptions, etc. The ones who are actually the authoritarians you speak of.
13. Rebuild the decaying infrastructure of the US while employing tens of thousands.
14. Get rid of the absolutely and undeniably stupid common core teaching method.
15. Invest in military transition programs to help soldiers returning from active duty deployments.
16. Bring back jobs from overseas.
17. Incentivize US companies to remain in the US and stop moving jobs off shore.
18. Keep us out of the globalist TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership) which is the EU on steroids.
19. Provide more funding for police training
20. Renegotiate many trade deals but one in particular is relative to the prescription drug market where he will convince foreign governments to let their markets determine the price of their prescription drugs instead of the price fixing they currently do. This will spur additional R & D in the US promoting more private sector spending while simultaneously and substantially lowering the cost of prescription drugs. This is simple genius.
21. Put America first !

and the list goes on...

Now please pick from any of the above and explain exactly how any one of them pertains to an authoritarian mindset that is not responsible to the people? Not a single one applies to your incorrectly and emotionally parroted statement. Every one of the above examples are expressly FOR the people. Every...single...one.

The only one I might partially concede as being possibly construed as authoritarian is when Trump has said that if a US company moves its facilities overseas and then exports its own goods back to the US that he would impose a hefty import tax on them. This is partially authoritarian because he is wielding political power BUT his purpose for doing this is so the jobs don't leave the US because he wants US workers to not lose their jobs. So...I would say this would be wielding political position in an authoritarian way to the benefit of the greater good which is to PUT AMERICA FIRST!

Again...please stop parroting the absolute BS you hear from CNN and the other liberal liars.

GO TRUMP !!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

It is truly frightening that so many people can not see through Trumps mask. He has done NOTHING for the people, not for this generation, nor the next!

His cabinets is populated by capitalist of the worst kind, his policies is to revert every green policy made, he is going to destroy net neutrality, he made a major # up in Yemen.

Jesus, even here in Denmark most of us can see he is a trickster. It is truly horrifying you still haven't been able to see what he truly is.
edit on 2-3-2017 by mc4denmark because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mc4denmark
It is truly frightening that so many people can not see through Trumps mask. He has done NOTHING for the people, not for this generation, nor the next!

What lies beneath Trump's mask?

What, realistically, would you have liked him to have accomplished in the less than 2 months he has been in office?

His cabinets is populated by capitalist of the worst kind, his policies is to revert every green policy made, he is going to destroy net neutrality, he made a major # up in Yemen.

When have USA cabinets not been populated by capitalists? Can you be more specific on your claims about him trying to destroy net neutrality and the stuff up in Yemen?

Jesus, even here in Denmark most of us can see he is a trickster. It is truly horrifying you still haven't been able to see what he truly is.

I'm sure your media portrayal of him has had nothing to do with that?

What is he?

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Selective bias huh? Interesting how you decided not to respond on the factual actions of Trump, regarding Yemen, net neutrality, green policies. And then you reply with a "what about" on the subject of his cabinet, instead of critically analyze what he is doing. Guess you are the embodiment of the "post-factual" phenomenon?

It is quite easy to realize, he is epitome of the very same people he addressed as the problem; one of the elites.

Now, we haven't even touched the subject of his discourses and the danger he can do.

Edit: Also needed to adress your "media" response. I don't know if you have heard about the Internet? The wolrd wide connected network, bringing us directly to the source e.g. twitter and so fourth.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: mc4denmark

I asked you to clarify your comments on net neutrality and Yemen, I did not discard them. In terms of his cabinet, I made the point that presidents have always had their cabinets full of capitalists, so why the outcry over Trump being surrounded by them?

Do you have any evidence that he shares the same qualities and characteristics as the elite (besides being rich of course)?

You didn't need to address the "media" response, you just wanted to seize the opportunity to be patronising.

Just some friendly advice: while I realise it is probably not your first language, it should be pointed out to you that in the English language grammar is considered more important than attempting to use big words and catchy phrases. Furthermore, you should refrain from using these terms and phrases incorrectly.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

It's attitudes like this that just keep me from supporting you guys. Sure laugh. Doesn't matter to me. In fact it amuses me that you guys can't figure out why we won't support Trump while you do stuff like this.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Oh I guess admitting the truth is now not fashionable amongst you leftist commies. It is difficult mourn. I am in health care and navigating all the buzzards that pick at our profession and increase their profits at our educated expense is astounding. Trump wants to be fair to all and that is a bit of a utopian concept thus making it difficult!!! UNDERSTAND!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
William Henry Harrison will always be the greatest President ever.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
He will be the most impactful and remembered president that's for sure

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I remember when people were calling Obama a dictator and demanding his overthrow because he used executive orders. Now that Trump is doing it to pass legislation he wants, he's 'getting things done' and will be 'the greatest President'.

It's just way too premature to say how Trump will turn out, but at least consider your presidents in an objective manner.
edit on 2-3-2017 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Takes a lot to say something like that, kudos to that, always something interesting I would also agree.
So is he the black sheep? white sheep errr instead? Against all odds and finger pointing....

You indeed started something

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Lol! You sure set the snowflakes off with this one. You weren't a fan initially and it's refreshing to see your view on his presidency.
Keep the trigggering alive! It's entertaining!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Well hey Metallicus disregard a lot of the negative post from guys like Seeking Alpha because they are career "watchers" for the DNC. Actually you "trumped" many of the ATS posters with your bait that drew many of the creatures from the swamp like him. Recently I was at a party and spoke to a company girl who was brainwashed and actually in love with Hillary and absolutely hated the Russians. Although she really could not explain why. She then asked me whether I worked out of Langley or Fort Meade. I said neither as I was a field watcher for the company. Good job:

up:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

The opposing group will always see the president as a dictator, Nazi, fascist etc. There is no way around that. These words lose their meaning on those in the free world. They throw them around wantonly and dilute their meaning.

Obama was a good American who thought he was doing good for his constituents and he genuinely believed he was in line with the constitution. I mean, he never made a grab for guns because he knew the intent of the 2nd. Unfortunately, he pissed off a lot of people by not improving the economy with job growth. Throwing fake numbers out there didn't help. When the working class knows the unemployment rate is around 15+ % and the media is telling the upper middle class that unemployment is 5%, you piss off a lot of people. Couple that with being forced to buy insurance you can't afford due to the rising costs generated by the ACA and you end up with an even angrier opposition. The landslide defeat of Hilary is a testament to that.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

A missed that you asked me that., but what is there to clarify? He has made policies that cancels out net neutrality - it's not even subjective, but an objective action he has made. A policy change.

And yes, I did need to address that, because you made the assumption I and the rest of the danish citizens where passive users of the media, not actively seeking information.

Also, if you are more interested in the grammar, than the context, then you are going to have some big troubles engaging in debates on this level. Since your focus constantly will be on the surface of the subject and not the meaning.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I agree. That is why the Democrats are imploiding. Trump has stolen their base and now they are fighting for the remaining far left wing lunatics, communists, terrorists sympathizers, terrorists, and SJW.
edit on 2-3-2017 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: TinySickTears

been in office like a month and has not done # and youre already saying he will be the greatest.
hahahahaha

amazing to see him work?

what has he really accomplished besides chilling in mar a largo?

Well he has shown that he supports religious discrimination as long as it's against Muslims.

When was this?

MAGA Trump 2020
edit on 2-3-2017 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mc4denmark

Fortunately American's generally don't care about the opinions of those in Denmark...For that matter, no country generally cares for the opinions of citizens of another country. Denmark can think highly of itself, that's fine, I love your country and have visited many times. You have a population of roughly 5m with extremely strict immigration laws. The reason? So you can afford to live the way you live. Don't be a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I don't care if you want to accept it or not. That's why the article was written. If you don't want to believe that, well get over it.

That's your interpretation of the 'why' behind the article. But I've grown tired of this useless argument--I'll read between the lines and infer from it what I will, and you can take it at face value. To each their own.

I just see it as an indicator that Trump isn't off to a great start. Especially not the GREATEST start. We started this conversation because you got offended that I called the OP a fanboy over his use of extreme adjectives and gushing about the President. Well I posted this report to show that Trump is off to a rather slow start. Sure he can recover, but the things Trump has experienced so far aren't what I'd consider the Greatest President ever to have to tackle.

So I continue to stand by my proclamation that this is just a fanboy thread.

And you can stand by that--that's fine. But the bolded portion of your comment is not the why behind my initial comment to you (which I now quote for posterity):

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Ah, yes, Vox.com

The bastion of intelligent reporting.

Funny how they're concerned about reporting what he hasn't done in his first 100 days, considering we're only at about 38 days into it.

What a pointless story to use to make a point.

My "offense" was that you were trying to make a point using a pointless article concerning the OP's claims. You provided a 'progress report' that focused on what he hasn't done, while the OP is concerning his opinion on what Trump is doing and the obstacles that he is overcoming in order to accomplish what he has thus far--you were simply being a Negative Nancy for Negative Nancy's sake.

I then called out everyone (not just you) who was calling Metallicus a "fanboy" of Trump, because, like I already noted to you, he has been anything but in the past, and then he makes a thread about being happy with his performance thus far, and many (including you) start with the dumbass labeling. I called it out because it's asinine to do.

Quite honestly, I give two constipated turds about your opinion of who is a fanboy about anything, so long as the assessment has merit, but writing a thread saying you're happy with the president's performance doesn't make the OP fanatical about Trump. But, you know, keep on keeping on with your proclamation--can I dub it the "Fanboy Nation Proclamation?"

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join