It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will be the Greatest American President!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Do you not see that Trump has given control of the US to the banks, oil companies and big corporations. He wants to repeal Frank Dodd regulations and give us a repeat of the 2007 crash but, maybe worse. He has a Goldman Sachs and Exon executives in his cabinet. Do you really not see the danger of these things. Yeah he drained the swanp and left us with the alligators and disease that is corrupting our government.
Government is not a business. A business has a obligation to try and make profit. The government has a responsibly to the people to, ensure our safety and that includes protection from big business and banks.
Corporations will kill you and try to cover it up ie. Tobacco, oil, asbestos, war ect... Do you really trust them with public safety?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nope, I'm not accepting the argument that this was just a progress report in preparation for his speech (and only a progress report in prep for a speech)--hell, the parenthetical portion of the title in and of itself is meant to enflame or trigger certain groups of people (I know how this works--I spent a few years doing layouts for a newspaper and writing headlines for stories...I'm well-versed in how to word titles intentionally to appeal to emotion). This was an intentionally spun (even if relatively lightly) story implying that he won't do everything that he claimed he would--but with this not being my first trip around the first term of a president, it's a foregone conclusion that no president ever does everything that they claim that they will in the first 100 days.

The problem with the "first-100-days" crap is that people pretend that if it takes the president 130 days, or 200 days, or 555 days, that it somehow negates his ability to preside effectively over our country. Again, like I said before, it's intentionally appealing to emotion to focus so literally on the 100-day deadline, especially when you have nearly half of the congress fighting against you on EVERYTHING.

But, you can sit there and make that claim all that you desire, even until your fingers bleed from typing it so much--I agree that a progress report is a fine thing to do, but creating one with tones of bias and manipulation isn't the way that it should be done--but I have no problem with you disagreeing at this point (something about stubbornness and whatnot...).

And my Super Bowl analogy was meant to show you that, even if there is a rocky start, you can still win in the end. You claimed that, because of his start at the 38-day mark, it's impossible for him to ever be considered the greatest president--I argue that you can't see the future and have no basis to make such a claim. But, subjective opinions and all...

Best regards.

edit on 1-3-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Were you able to find the parts of the dossier that were true? I am still waiting. You have claimed several times parts of it were true but won't source which parts...

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well that speech was certainly uplifting for this right-leaning American. I'm anxious to see more action however. Less words more action please Mr. President Trump. I know it's only been 30 days. Kick GOP congress knuckle draggers in their ass.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And this is why the country is gonna go down. Arguing about which criminal is better is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well, maybe Americans like you should get behind their president, who was democratically elected by your people, instead of critisizing him for petty things non-stop. Then he wouldn't need to spend so much precious time with your crap and he'd be getting even more done than he already is.

Why? Point out the law where it says I have to support my President just because he was elected.

You have the example of how hard he worked during his campaign, and succeeded! The guy is breaking his own back fighting for your country and you're like a little spoiled child that doesn't get its way 100%. Pathetic.

soulwaxer

So what? Go cry me a river. This isn't a dictatorship. There aren't thought police here. I'm free to believe what I want, and if the President doesn't support what I believe in, then I'm free not to support him. THAT'S the country I fought and defended while in the Army. So get over yourself.

I'm not beholden to Trump. Trump is beholden to the people (and not just the one who voted for him). THAT'S how it is supposed to work.

I didn't say you HAVE TO support your president. I said maybe you should. As in, maybe it would be in the interest of your country. What do you think you are accomplishing with all your petty criticisms? You are actually counting percentage points of the 100 days and how much percent of his promisses have been accomplished during this time. Is that how you spent your time in the Army?

soulwaxer

Well you are getting mighty indigent over what I "should" be doing. My interest for the country doesn't align with Trump's interest, so I don't support him. End of story.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Nope, I'm not accepting the argument that this was just a progress report in preparation for his speech (and only a progress report in prep for a speech)--hell, the parenthetical portion of the title in and of itself is meant to enflame or trigger certain groups of people (I know how this works--I spent a few years doing layouts for a newspaper and writing headlines for stories...I'm well-versed in how to word titles intentionally to appeal to emotion). This was an intentionally spun (even if relatively lightly) story implying that he won't do everything that he claimed he would--but with this not being my first trip around the first term of a president, it's a foregone conclusion that no president ever does everything that they claim that they will in the first 100 days.

I don't care if you want to accept it or not. That's why the article was written. If you don't want to believe that, well get over it.

The problem with the "first-100-days" crap is that people pretend that if it takes the president 130 days, or 200 days, or 555 days, that it somehow negates his ability to preside effectively over our country. Again, like I said before, it's intentionally appealing to emotion to focus so literally on the 100-day deadline, especially when you have nearly half of the congress fighting against you on EVERYTHING.

I just see it as an indicator that Trump isn't off to a great start. Especially not the GREATEST start. We started this conversation because you got offended that I called the OP a fanboy over his use of extreme adjectives and gushing about the President. Well I posted this report to show that Trump is off to a rather slow start. Sure he can recover, but the things Trump has experienced so far aren't what I'd consider the Greatest President ever to have to tackle.

So I continue to stand by my proclamation that this is just a fanboy thread.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I totally agree, he will probably run for 8 years, and then Ivanka will run for another 8. Then probably Melania. Or is this all wishful thinking?

Keep America great!

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Well, maybe Americans like you should get behind their president, who was democratically elected by your people, instead of critisizing him for petty things non-stop. Then he wouldn't need to spend so much precious time with your crap and he'd be getting even more done than he already is.

Why? Point out the law where it says I have to support my President just because he was elected.

You have the example of how hard he worked during his campaign, and succeeded! The guy is breaking his own back fighting for your country and you're like a little spoiled child that doesn't get its way 100%. Pathetic.

soulwaxer

So what? Go cry me a river. This isn't a dictatorship. There aren't thought police here. I'm free to believe what I want, and if the President doesn't support what I believe in, then I'm free not to support him. THAT'S the country I fought and defended while in the Army. So get over yourself.

I'm not beholden to Trump. Trump is beholden to the people (and not just the one who voted for him). THAT'S how it is supposed to work.

I think the idea is that you don't need laws to legislate over common sense...

Where's the law that states I shouldn't shoot myself in the testicles?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

Common sense is not blindly following the President just because he is in charge. I think for myself and like I said, I don't agree with Trump's policies, so I don't support him.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Holy fanboy. Trump is doing a crappy job. Just realized healthcare is 'incredibly complicated', I mean bigly.

Not really! If You get rid of government spending in medical and outlaw insurance the hospitals and doctors would have to drastically lower their prices because no one can afford 8k weekly treatments.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I guess Washington, Lincoln, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, Dwight Eisenhower, Truman, Wilson and all the rest of those "losers" will just have to eat dust, huh?

*insert epic eye roll here*

Have fun y'all.

President Wilson was a damn traitor whom sold every American into slavery when He created the federal reserve and He even admitted it when He realized what He had done.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I don't think it's his policies, or lack thereof, that will determine his greatness. Sure it has a big impact, but ultimately it's the effect he will have on the people as a whole, the collective consciousness and the awakening of the world. His leadership and perseverance will make him great. Of course assuming he isn't assassinated or impeached anytime soon.

He is the first President actually elected by the people since Kennedy.

We've been waiting a long time.

Every president has been elected by the people

You fail to realize that We might get to vote but that doesn't mean crap if the two people running were selected by the powers that be.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Common sense is not blindly following the President just because he is in charge. I think for myself and like I said, I don't agree with Trump's policies, so I don't support him.

Absolutely, but it is not constructive to be blindly combative either. Negativity helps noone.

Fighting against things you don't like, is a waste of time and energy, that could be better spent on fighting for the things you do like.

But you said it yourself - "I don't agree with Trump's policies, so I don't support him". No room to wiggle there. It sounds more like "I don't like Trump, regardless of his policies, so I won't support him."

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Read whatever you want. I know me and I'm not on trial here so I'll continue to do me.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

And this is why the country is gonna go down. Arguing about which criminal is better is irrelevant.

In a way I cannot argue otherwise. As I see it was only matter how fast we go over cliff, Clinton would have floorboarded, Trump is cruising.

In normal days long gone due past several administrations kicking can down road Trumps policies are laudable but things are so far out of kilter those individual policies will be of little import.

Folks keep ignoring "cost" side of healthcare and instead concentrate on side issue of insurance or government benefits - both fall into rabbit hole when cost aspects are considered.

We have a choice,

Take a voluntary corrective recession now.

Or,

Take an involuntary DEPRESSION later.

If Trump were to do right thing now a wholly, completely, totally clueless public would blame him.

So...........DEPRESSION it is..........the American public shall get just desserts for its ignorance.

Trump is not cause of issue but will end with issue on his shoulders as he "owned" rising stock market last night.

He will have to kick can as public wouldn't allow any other action.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Read whatever you want. I know me and I'm not on trial here so I'll continue to do me.

Calm down, noone is putting you on trial sheesh, what's with the victim mentality?

I'm just saying, is it not better to be positive about the good things he is doing, than negative about the bad things?

Would you train a dog or raise a child by singling out their faults and weaknesses, or would you focus on their strengths to make sure they continue doing more of the good things?

Feels like a lot of people here would just shoot the dog and get a cat instead.

It feels like a whole country of children is throwing a tantrum, whilst the adults look on in bemused wonder.

A foreigners perspective, so take it for what it's worth.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Elected by the Electorial College, he lost the popular vote. His EC win was slimmer than the past several POTUSes. That claim is thin

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AHman

He very well may have set America back on the right path.

Fixed that for you

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

On the Recession vs. Depression thing...first clue should be the Hedge Fund managers Trump has appointed to office.

Other factor is that Trump's fiscal policy is ...ahem...unpredictable..at best.

Where in normal dips in the economy there is a relative understanding and security of what the recovery looks like....with the muddy...and I would argue incompetent...Trump administration...investors during the natural dip will have no clear view or confidence of a recovery..the numbers simply wont be there..It will be a quick spiral vs. economic dip. When a deer runs into the road...some cars slow...some swerve...but with a drunk driver at the wheel there will be impact and blood.

Just my 2 cents..

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join