It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Will be the Greatest American President!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Krazysh0t

First of all I'm not making any divine assumption because it's already happening. Regardless if you agree with him or not, and this goes for everybody, you cannot deny he has opened up many eyes that would've stayed shut otherwise.. and it's only been 38 days.

What I cannot deny is that he has pissed off QUITE a bit of people in this country and around the world. Awake or otherwise, Trump is NOT uniting the world in some sort of divine awesomeness. Though for someone who already considers him divine, I'm not surprised you don't see that.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

See, now you're putting words in my mouth to fit this "he's divine" rhetoric. Where did I say the world is going to unite and sing kumbuya? I've criticized him on many occasions and just because I can acknowledge the impact hes had already doesn't make me some cult member.
edit on 28-2-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Amazing isn't it?

It's a Muslim ban! Yet it still allows 89% of Muslims from other countries to come on in. Gotta love those who support the 1% while screaming how much they hate them?!

Given that this nonsense is still being repeated by parrots, even despite its logical absurdity and the thousand times it has been pointed out, is telling proof that party-concerns trump truth.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
it remains to be seen...if he can keep up the pace to be great...

one things for sure... Trump just ain't like the last 10 or so men in the same office...who chose to act like pampered pets instead of a Patriot through-&-through...
If he gets in 6 active months of aas-Kicking the professional politicians making a career of fleecing the populace to enrich their own retirement nesteggs... the 30 yr bureaucrats are in that same class of professional schemers...

Then I can say he set the new Standard of Working instead of merely idling the time away until a 'signature issue' arises at the rate of 3 volatile issues per term being normal.

I admire the man at present, but he has boat-loads of other issues to meet head-on along with the remainder of the campaign promises to keep as-best-he-can...

I hope Trump visits the Grand Strand at some future date... in the heart of the 'Redneck Riviera' AKA myrtle beach sc

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: SlapMonkey

38 days out of 100 is about 1/3rd (actually its greater than 1/3). The article specifically makes a point that Trump isn't even close to 1/3rd complete with his first 100 day promises. Keeping tabs on Trump's progress through the 100 days as it goes is certainly viable. He COULD back load all of his promises in the final 2/3rds of the 100 days, but politics takes time. So that is doubtful. Especially when he hasn't even started any movement on most of them. So Vox's progress report here is rather telling. Trump is on track to squander his first 100 days.

By the way, if you are going to dispute the source, it helps if you point out something that is non-factual about the content in it. Is Vox lying about what Trump accomplished and didn't accomplish? Did you even read the article?

Well, maybe Americans like you should get behind their president, who was democratically elected by your people, instead of critisizing him for petty things non-stop. Then he wouldn't need to spend so much precious time with your crap and he'd be getting even more done than he already is.

You have the example of how hard he worked during his campaign, and succeeded! The guy is breaking his own back fighting for your country and you're like a little spoiled child that doesn't get its way 100%. Pathetic.

soulwaxer
edit on 28-2-2017 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
Well, maybe Americans like you should get behind their president, who was democratically elected by your people, instead of critisizing him for petty things non-stop. Then he wouldn't need to spend so much precious time with your crap and he'd be getting even more done than he already is.

Why? Point out the law where it says I have to support my President just because he was elected.

You have the example of how hard he worked during his campaign, and succeeded! The guy is breaking his own back fighting for your country and you're like a little spoiled child that doesn't get its way 100%. Pathetic.

soulwaxer

So what? Go cry me a river. This isn't a dictatorship. There aren't thought police here. I'm free to believe what I want, and if the President doesn't support what I believe in, then I'm free not to support him. THAT'S the country I fought and defended while in the Army. So get over yourself.

I'm not beholden to Trump. Trump is beholden to the people (and not just the one who voted for him). THAT'S how it is supposed to work.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The jealousy is quite amusing, it's going to be a looooong 4 (most likely 8) years for you babies, pace yourselves before you all go into full blown T.A.R.D mode.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Metallicus

So far so good. The bestthing he has done is he has broken the addiction to political correctness and public relations, which up until now, was the security blanket and lullaby of those inured to it.

I don't 100% disagree with that. A lot of harm caused to sexual, ethnic, and gender minorities is caused by giving so much ammo to the right, enabling them to dismiss and look tough (which is like an aphrodisiac to fragile male egos).

The biggest problem is that most of the extreme PCness came from "allies", not those directly affected by the backlash.

Political correctness has its place and use. For example, we don't use racial slurs and we shouldn't use any other slurs (like all the homophobic, sexist, and transphobic ones currently allowed on ATS). But yelling at somebody for not getting gender neutral pronouns down right away? That's not helping. Yelling at men for holding the door open for me? Not helping. Protecting Islam while attacking Christianity (not talking about immigration or the obvious ones; talking about ideology)? Not helping. And many other cases.

It's like the Left's versions of the Right's "war on Christmas" or the dozens of other "conservative snowflake" issues conservatives had been railing about for a couple of decades now.

Trump did act as an icy slap in the face and made a lot of people realize what is actually important in those debates and that is basic civil rights and respect for one another. He's like that alien threat that Reagan fantasized about that would have people set aside their differences because... compared to Trump's looming, mouth breathing visage hanging over all of us, those differences seem pretty petty.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I don't think it's his policies, or lack thereof, that will determine his greatness. Sure it has a big impact, but ultimately it's the effect he will have on the people as a whole, the collective consciousness and the awakening of the world. His leadership and perseverance will make him great. Of course assuming he isn't assassinated or impeached anytime soon.

He is the first President actually elected by the people since Kennedy.

We've been waiting a long time.

Every president has been elected by the people

If you believe that then you haven't been here very long.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

THAT'S the country I fought and defended while in the Army

Just out of curiosity, how long did you serve and what war did you fight in?

I only ask because you have brought it up a couple of times in the last few days.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

03 to 06. I was deployed to Iraq in 05 and ran convoy security missions up and down the highways of the country for about 6 months before I blew out my ACL and was sent back to Ft. Sill, Ok. MOS 13M, MLRS Crewmember.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Nice, thank you again for your service.

I was a bit rude yesterday and apologize for that.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Ok. I've cooled off a bit, so apology accepted.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: soulwaxer

Why? Point out the law where it says I have to support my President just because he was elected.

soulwaxer

So what? Go cry me a river. This isn't a dictatorship. There aren't thought police here. I'm free to believe what I want, and if the President doesn't support what I believe in, then I'm free not to support him. THAT'S the country I fought and defended while in the Army. So get over yourself.

I'm not beholden to Trump. Trump is beholden to the people (and not just the one who voted for him). THAT'S how it is supposed to work.

I didn't say you HAVE TO support your president. I said maybe you should. As in, maybe it would be in the interest of your country. What do you think you are accomplishing with all your petty criticisms? You are actually counting percentage points of the 100 days and how much percent of his promisses have been accomplished during this time. Is that how you spent your time in the Army?

soulwaxer

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Look at it this way: Should Vox.com publish another story on the 555th day of Trump's presidency (that's 38% of his four-year term, btw) complaining about what he hasn't accomplished in his first term as president?

(pssst...the answer is "no, that would be asinine")

You're not that far wrong off :
in real life MSM (*boo**hisss**booo*) , Wolrld Wide News Corp
is busy scrutinising, analysing, nitpicking
every little thing done by the President

Don't forget the tradtional news splurge :
"The President's first 100 days"

That must be due ...round about ...
Mid-april... easter weekend i'd say

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

No, trump will not be the best president ever.
That would be a very lofty achievement.
I would be happy if he turns out to be a good president.
But I will hope for the best and expect the worst.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
With all due respect to Mettalicus (I agree with most everything you espouse), it's way too early to make any kind of predictions.

From my basically "I think both sides of the political coin are nuts" point of view:

I think his economic ideas hold the most promise, but his social and geopolitical tack has been a hot mess so far.

He needs to stop his war with the media. While I definitely understand the sentiment, I just wish he were a little more passive aggressive, but tact has never been his weapon of choice.

I honestly don't trust him in regards to China. I hope he continues to cool tensions with the Russians. An alliance with them could he his ace in the hole against China. I just don't know how sending an aircraft carrier to the South China Sea could end well.

His stance against Marijuana and his unbelievable affinity for the NSA (They HATE you Donald. They're trying to destroy you!), not to mention being in favor of a national stop and frisk policy have got my anarchist/Libertarian Spidey Senses doing back flips.

This is just my honest take on his first month (it's only been a month!!) in office. My opinions aren't tainted by the left/right paradigm and are subject to change when I deem fit.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel
So, counting from today (40 days 'cos shrove Tuesday)
the first analysis of Trumpism from World Wide opinion
should happen at about Easter time

The boards are calm now
they'll be broiling on easter monday !!
:p

Anyhow, what will make president Trump the greatest president ever?

Evangelize me !

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: seeker1963

Amazing isn't it?

It's a Muslim ban! Yet it still allows 89% of Muslims from other countries to come on in. Gotta love those who support the 1% while screaming how much they hate them?!

Given that this nonsense is still being repeated by parrots, even despite its logical absurdity and the thousand times it has been pointed out, is telling proof that party-concerns trump truth.

Better a parrot than an ostrich.

You do realise that he has been filmed saying it's a Muslim ban?

I agree that muslims from other countries outside the list are allowed in but that does not deflect away from Trumps own words saying it's a Muslim ban

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

And Hitler was the greatest leader for Germany. Seriously, he was. It all depends on who you actually are, doesn't it?

I get it. You want to shake it up? The establishment/illuminati/whatever sucks. It does, verily it does. But when you shake it down, when you destroy the kingdom you better have a plan, and a king of the people. Because humans follow kings/leaders. Not evolved enough to govern themselves. A fair, just and true king. Intelligent and kind to his own. I don't see this. He has zero experience being a commoner, a soldier or an intellect. His appointees are no help. Just as clueless. You better have a plan.
edit on 28-2-2017 by EveStreet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join