It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Marshall's conducting Retina Scans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
O.k., well.......this has to be one of the weirdest stories I've heard in a long, long time.

As reported here: www.zerohedge.com...
The author was required to submit to a retina scan at the Atlanta airport before boarding a flight to Mexico.

That is to say.........an "out bound" flight.
The author was provided with this information from a reader:

As part of U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) border security mission, the agency is deploying new technologies to verify travelers’ identities – both when they arrive and when they leave the United States – by matching a traveler to the document they are presenting. CBP’s goal is to enhance national security and protect a traveler’s identity against theft through the use of biometrics. Biometric information (such as finger, face, or iris) measures a person’s unique physical characteristics. CBP incorporated fingerprints for biometric identification and verification in 2004, and is now testing facial and iris imaging capabilities to help improve travelers’ identity protection, the integrity of our immigration system, and our national security.

But here's my question maybe someone could help me with. The Marshall's conducted a retina scan...........to compare the results to WHAT?
I've never been retina scanned; I don't know anyone who has! I rather doubt any ATS'er knows anyone who has been subjected to a Retina scan.

If they don't have a database to compare the results too, like..........what's the point?

The only thing I can imagine is that they are now going to try to build a data base of identifiers including Retina scans in the slowest method known to human kind! And that by scanning OUTBOUND passengers from US airports. Well, maybe they will get there!

From skift.com...
We learn:

The number of Americans (32.6 million) that traveled to North American markets, Mexico and Canada, outnumbered those that traveled overseas (29 million) by a little more than 3 million.

Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS
my guess.
when you come back rescan, if your retinas don't march no entry.

but it's really just more over bearing government.
edit on 28-2-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Perhaps the very first retina scan is the one which they will "compare" all future scans to?

You're right though, it seems kind of haphazard - you would think they would pilot the retina scan data collection when people get their passports or driver's licenses, and compare on-site Airport scans with these.

Interesting..

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
One way to keep an eye on what is going on.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
But here's my question maybe someone could help me with. The Marshall's conducted a retina scan...........to compare the results to WHAT?
I've never been retina scanned; I don't know anyone who has! I rather doubt any ATS'er knows anyone who has been subjected to a Retina scan.

Ever been to the eye doctor and had lights shone into your eyes? Who's to say that there isn't a way that some eye doctors aren't scanning retinas and uploading them to a federal database?

Makes me want to search the PPACA for the term "retina."

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I read recently on InfoWars that the TSA have began starting Bio-metric scans of passengers and possible startup of a mass data collection effort for all americans and foreign visitors alike..

Not good. I'm surprised this was even legalized. No one even got a warning about this new tech being legaized.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My guess is that they are really Iris scans, I don't think unqualified people should be using Retina scans, and as far as I know Retina scans are partial, up to 85%.
You can't positive an ID partially.
edit on 28-2-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Eye see what you did there.

I find this to be very eyeronic.
edit on 28-2-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
I read recently on InfoWars that the TSA have began starting Bio-metric scans of passengers and possible startup of a mass data collection effort for all americans and foreign visitors alike..

Not good. I'm surprised this was even legalized. No one even got a warning about this new tech being legaized.

So what if I don't want to give up my bio-metric data?

Am I a prisoner in my own country?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I had my eyes scanned way back in 96-97 in the U.K , When i went to a cheque cashing shop

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I got my passport 6 years ago.......not Retina or Iris scan. And no scan I know of for a Texas Drivers license.

So, yeah........unless they're going to do something like scanning for passport applications, this doesn't make much sense.

But then I found this! money.cnn.com...

That's one of the reasons why a growing number of schools are replacing traditional identification cards with iris scanners. By the fall, several schools -- ranging from elementary schools to colleges -- will be rolling out various iris scanning security methods. Winthrop University in South Carolina is testing out iris scanning technology during freshman orientation this summer. Students had their eyes scanned as they received their ID cards in June.

So.........that tells me that the equipment isn't all that expensive.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Eye don't know.

Really...............did you just have to go there?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Its normal over here in singapore for retinal and fingerprint scan going through customs . Luckily theres no groping though .

So it sounds like they updating the database for international travellers from over there .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's just another way of tagging everyone on the planet, data building for future references in case of possible attacks or border jumping etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Perhaps the very first retina scan is the one which they will "compare" all future scans to?

You're right though, it seems kind of haphazard - you would think they would pilot the retina scan data collection when people get their passports or driver's licenses, and compare on-site Airport scans with these.

Interesting..

You're not legally allowed to ask under normal circumstances, this is why you don't even need to be fingerprinted at the DMV. The constitution is meant to protect your unique identification markers, like finger/hand/foot prints.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
its not a scan, its a neuralizer

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

My fiance applied for his passport yesterday, no scan. I go on Thursday, I doubt I'll be scanned. We will see what happens when we leave the country in May.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Just imagine a diabetic with retinopathy. I wonder how they will be able to prove they who are they say they are with biometrics? What a joke.

new topics

top topics

join