It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Ghostly Activity with my Baby Monitor Advice Needed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So our first child was born a month ago today, and we just bought a house that's been in our family for a while. My great grandparents lived there, and when they passed it was rented out for about 15 years. We have now lived there for about a month and nothing out of the ordinary has happened....until last night.

Instead of a traditional baby monitor I opted for a wireless security camera. We can watch it from our phones, it's got two way audio, night vision, and pan/tilt capability. Made by Amcrest.

So last night my son is hungry and after he's fed he's a little fussy, so my wife takes him into the nursery to rock in the rocking chair. When she returns to our bedroom she asks me why I was watching her with the camera, I inform her that I wasn't and that I was half asleep, trying to be fully asleep as it was about 4 am.

This is where it gets a little spooky, she tells me how when she was rocking him, the camera moved to point at her and even that the speaker on it switched on, she didn't hear anything distinct, almost like if you were using walkie talkies and someone on the other end was holding down the button but not making any noise.

We live in a rural area and the closest houses are out of wifi range, and both the router and camera have different passwords. So I'm leaning away from the possibility of our network being compromised. Also our network is not connected to the internet.

My father informed me today that my great grandmother had died in the house, I don't know a lot about the ghost subject but from what I've heard that can be kind of a red flag or sorts.

I was thinking of doing a sage smudging ceremony, is there anyone with knowledge or experience with this subject that can offer some advice?

Thanks in advance

edit on 28-2-2017 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Editing

edit on 28-2-2017 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Added info

edit on 28-2-2017 by Quantumgamer1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

It was the Russians. They hacked your camera, bro!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

perhaps Amcrest has the ability to automatically point the camera in the direction of activity and turn on speakers?

Its amazing what technology can do.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I am unaware of any tracking capability with this camera, also I should note the network is not connected to the internet.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

my guess is that if it has that ability...then it was probably just doing what it does.

i would much rather it be a ghost tho, a nice ghost.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I just found a story about a guy who returned an Amcrest camera after using it, was still getting email notifications from the camera after someone else bought it, and then found out he could still get access to the camera.

Amcrest Security Issue

When you say that the network isn't connected to the internet, that means you can't get access to your cameras through your phones without being in range of your home wifi right? You can't get access to your camera when out of your house using your phones Data connection?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

If you did not change the default password and username on the camera. Someone probably logged in and watched.

There's tons of people out there that just scan the web for open cameras.

I'd change the login info asap.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Get a new system and see if something similar happens. If not, it's a glitch in that system (IMO).

Also, search the internet for known similar issues with that model of surveillance system and see if there are any known issues.

I'd caution against jumping to the supernatural conclusion.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
There is probably a motion detection feature that is in the camera default settings. Probably a saftey feature for lil ones who like to do jailbreaks.
Im a believer in the paranormal, but i cant see why a 'spirit' would alter a camera.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slanter
I just found a story about a guy who returned an Amcrest camera after using it, was still getting email notifications from the camera after someone else bought it, and then found out he could still get access to the camera.

Amcrest Security Issue

When you say that the network isn't connected to the internet, that means you can't get access to your cameras through your phones without being in range of your home wifi right? You can't get access to your camera when out of your house using your phones Data connection?

wow, thats a big glitch

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It could be pretty likely your wife was extremely tired at 4am and also dealing with a newborn no less. I'd chalk it up to sleep deprivation playing tricks on the mind or a quick dream.

What's more likely: over-tiredness OR your baby monitor, out in the middle of nowhere, was hacked for an unknown reason. Unless you're a govt spy or super-villian of course. Then it could be plausible.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Could it be the motion detection moves to camera to spot of the motion?
edit on 2/28/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes, it could be a glitch with the camera, but, if you want to explore all the possibilities, I've seen and heard many stories about deceased grandparents coming around babies to look in on them and sometimes they are even their spirit guide.

Ghosts and spirits can manipulate electronics quite easily. Maybe it was the grandmother trying to send a message that she is there watching over the child.

I wouldn't do a smudging just yet. You could be sending out the one "person" who can protect your baby from any evil that tries to come around. The spirit world is full of such entities.
Wait, and if anything negative happens, then you can consider doing a smudging. But, tell ONLY the bad, evil spirits they must go; don't send out the good ones too.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

If you did not change the default password and username on the camera. Someone probably logged in and watched.

There's tons of people out there that just scan the web for open cameras.

I'd change the login info asap.

Yes there is a whole website and I'm sure even more on the dark web that my father was showing me and educating me about.

They have a list of all kinds of electronics/web cams/ routers etc... where you just have to type the default username and password and you get access as if you lived there. Crazy.

Probably some guy in some other country bored and checking out your wife. Or. Creepy equally bored neighbor.

On the other hand if it IS spiritual, and if it IS a family member.... it may be unsettling or creepy, but I'd let them stay.

-Alee
edit on 2/28/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Yes your correct, I can not access the camera through a data connection, I can only access it when in range of my wifi router.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If you read the op, you'd know that it's not connected to the internet and no, it's not the default password.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Super-villain? Nope, just your run of the mil villain here

But yes you could be right, especially sence it only happened once it very well could just be over tiredness. Il let you guys know if I see it happen, right after I change my shorts of course.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe you can get the ghost to change diapers.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

top topics

join