It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Approval Rating Hit a New High of 50%. Most Think He's Keeping Promises.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Gryphon66

And what has been non-beneficial to all Americans, that he's done so far?

All Americans include some Americans.

Virtually every EO that he has signed has caused some Americans to be treated unfairly or compromised or damaged in some way. Much of what he is suggesting will result in Americans being damaged in the future.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Using that logic, no one can ever govern America to your standard. How did his EO demanding 2 regs removed for every new reg cause anyone to be treated unfairly or become compromised or damaged?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Using that logic, no one can ever govern America to your standard. How did his EO demanding 2 regs removed for every new reg cause anyone to be treated unfairly or become compromised or damaged?

Because it's mindlessly arbitrary and has no relationship to the value of existing regulation, or the novelty and/or relevance of proposed regulation? It presumes that all existing regulation covers every necessary circumstance or situation, which is an untoward assumption based in political ideology.

Also, it fails to achieve its nascent purpose ... what if a new regulation more efficiently covers 10 previous ones? Should we only get rid of two of them because that's the number that the Trump White House thought sounded good?

"No one can govern America to my standard?" Are you joking? You're saying that you can't govern the country without causing harm and damage to the citizens?

You go Machiavelli!

edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Maybe I read to deep into your standard, but yes, it seems impossible to govern to that standard. That's what it seems like to me.

on the EO: That's the beauty of the EO. There were over 1 million federal regulations in 2010, in 2015 alone there were 81,611 pages of new regulations. There is no need for that many regulations. What the EO does, is makes regulators trim down the fat when they propose new regulations. That means the people close to the regulation will get to choose which regs to cut. It brings the problem as close to the source as possible.

ETA: It doesn't cap the removal of regulations at 2:1. Further, if you can more efficiently cover 10 regs with 1, that completely undermines your argument that it undervalues existing regs.

ETA2: You still didn't answer the question, how was that unfair/compromising/damaging to the citizens?
edit on 28-2-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Planning to attack the states decisions of what they deem illegal and legal. That's not beneficial to pretty much anyone is it?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

The rule of law is beneficial to everyone. Where federal law trumps state law, it needs to be corrected.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Feeelings...nothing more than feeeeeelings...

I think that's all our current climate has been taught in the last 12+ years.

Sorry...can't get enough of that .gif.

Anywho...I think he's done a pretty fine job at keeping promises and attempting to work with brats that have over-stayed their time in government. They all have their connections to media and others and are using them. Trump has simply put the kibosh on all of it by beating them at their own game.

It's apparent to those of us that use logic to see where it's headed versus feelings to cry about a skinned knee. Imagine where we'd be if scientists only used feelings....

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Virtually every EO that he has signed has caused some Americans to be treated unfairly or compromised or damaged in some way. Much of what he is suggesting will result in Americans being damaged in the future.

What's your thoughts on all the Americans that are victims of rapes/theft/murders/stolen identity all resulting from illegal aliens in the USA? Many of whom have been deported and then immediately stroll back across our border? All of those could have been prevented. Guess you don't care about those Americans.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
If the plan was , and it was, to create dollars that are not the feds, this would greatly decrease the fed's power.

If a quarter is backed by silver, in theory so is a dollar.

Except that none of that was Kennedy's plan as your sources demonstrate.

Nor has Trump even remotely spoken about something like this so what other Kennedy accomplishment were you referring to?

In case you didn't read your own source:

Kennedy also called upon Congress to phase out silver certificates in favor of Federal Reserve notes...

edit on 28-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

What's your thoughts on all the Americans that are victims of rapes/theft/murders/stolen identity all resulting from illegal aliens in the USA? Many of whom have been deported and then immediately stroll back across our border? All of those could have been prevented. Guess you don't care about those Americans.

The same as my thoughts about the Americans who are victims of rapes/theft/murders/stolen identity resulting from any perpetrator. Try them and if found guilty punish them as the law requires.

Your guess would be wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Was that a mic I heard dropping?

*snap*

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The rule of law is beneficial to everyone. Where federal law trumps state law, it needs to be corrected.

How exactly is it beneficial to "everyone"?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Dfairlite

Battling polls. ....some see it quite differently. Take your pick.

www.aol.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.cnbc.com...

They didn't ask my opinion but I'll give it anyway. He's a charlatan and I don't believe a thing he says. I base my opinion on his past performance toward women.

You mean like you base your opinion on Bill and Hillary Clinton's past performances towards women?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Kennedy did not want to phase out silver certificates, in fact he wanted to put us back on the gold standard and started up The Red Seal United States note. He wanted to abolish the Federal Reserve. It's what got him assassinated. So whatever source you gave has it completely backwards.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Someone somewhere should read the Tenth Amendment. State law trumps federal law. Always has.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

So finally a Trump supporter admits that all that "state sovereignty" talk is pure bs.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

It is funny to see him so popular among the people. You would never know from watching the morons in the MSM. They are so disconnected from reality...still...even after the election.

Good for Trump he is doing a great job so far and let's be fair it isn't like the Left or media or even WH staffers are making this easy for him.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I think he's keeping his extremist campaign promises.

Explain to us all how the enforcing America's immigration laws is "extreme".
edit on 28-2-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: gernblan
Kennedy did not want to phase out silver certificates, in fact he wanted to put us back on the gold standard and started up The Red Seal United States note. He wanted to abolish the Federal Reserve. It's what got him assassinated. So whatever source you gave has it completely backwards.

Then I guess you should post a source that disproves what Kennedy himself said.

This conspiracy theory is old and tired.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Not at all. It's not up to the executive to protect state sovereignty. It's up to congress and the judicial branch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join