It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Approval Rating Hit a New High of 50%. Most Think He's Keeping Promises.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just saw this hit my news feed. Trump seems to be gaining steam this week and with a new immigration executive order on the way and his new budget proposal I think he'll probably continue to improve his ratings. I find these numbers really interesting since all of the MSM has been in panic mode and the lefty's are trying to get him impeached already. Quite a contrast to the daily soap opera narrative. People are finally seeing through the media spin.

Numbers from the Polls
Approval: 50%
Keeping Promises: 56% (88% of republicans!)
Happy w/accomplishments: 69%
Right track: 43% (hovering near recent highs)
Heard of the upcoming address: 41% (good job media... smh)

Link

edit on 28-2-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Battling polls. ....some see it quite differently. Take your pick.

www.aol.com...

www.cnn.com...

www.cnbc.com...

They didn't ask my opinion but I'll give it anyway. He's a charlatan and I don't believe a thing he says. I base my opinion on his past performance toward women.

edit on 28-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

If Trump keeps doing what he talked about he will be viewed by the American public like JFK. Wait til he sets his eyes on the Fed.
edit on 28-2-2017 by seasonal because: clarify point

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
They didn't ask my opinion but I'll give it anyway. He's a charlatan and I don't believe a thing he says. I base my opinion on his past performance toward women.

What is his "performance towards women"? Keep in mind, calling Rosie O'Donnell a "fat pig" is not an attack on all women, but one woman. Much like his critique of SOME illegal immigrants being criminals and rapists wasn't an attack on all Mexicans. For whatever reason you guys think criticism of individuals is somehow an attack on everyone.

You wont believe Trump, but you'll believe the lying MSM. Strange eh? Did you believe Obama when he said, "you can keep your doctor" or when he locked up a youtuber as a scapegoat for Benghazi?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Just saw this hit my news feed. Trump seems to be gaining steam this week and with a new immigration executive order on the way and his new budget proposal I think he'll probably continue to improve his ratings. I find these numbers really interesting since all of the MSM has been in panic mode and the lefty's are trying to get him impeached already. Quite a contrast to the daily soap opera narrative. People are finally seeing through the media spin.

Numbers from the Polls
Approval: 50%
Keeping Promises: 56% (88% of republicans!)
Happy w/accomplishments: 69%
Right track: 43% (hovering near recent highs)
Heard of the upcoming address: 41% (good job media... smh)

Link

I do not like Trump so I could shout "FAKE NEWS". Is he making the right promises? Where are his result to date? Then people respond that he has only been in Office for a few weeks so give him time. OK But Obama had better rating at thiss stage.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
He is just TRUMPASTIC! He is keeping his word and that is priceless to those who showed faith in him. Nevermind the UMPY TRUMPY is the man!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
If Trump keeps doing what he talked about he will be viewed by the American public like JFK.

What was Kennedy's greatest accomplishment(s) that you will compare to what you think Trump will accomplish?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I actually agree with this poll. I'd have to answer that yes, Trump is keeping his promises. I'm surprised. I think it surprised a lot of his supporters too that he'd try to keep every bat#### crazy promise he thought up in the heat of the moment while on the campaign trail.

I mean, if someone promises to burn my house down, and then does it, he's "getting things done" and keeping his promises right? Doesn't matter how things are really affected, just that promises are kept, right?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Before his demise, he was going to de-tether the paper currency from the fed.

Shown above is a 1966 United States Note. Its existence proves, beyond question, that it is an absolute myth that no U.S. Notes were issued after the JFK assassination and refutes the theory that JFK was killed because he ordered U.S. Notes taken out of circulation and that, upon his death, his successor, Lyndon Johnson, reversed JFK's order. Final Judgment demonstrates that JFK's order had nothing to do with U.S. Notes whatsoever. Although the Kennedy family did oppose the Federal Reserve and ultimately intended to challenge that monopoly, the myth about “JFK's Greenbacks” has muddied the waters in the debate over the JFK conspiracy and it is a myth (in which so many have vested so much wishful thinking) that simply refuses to go away, the facts notwithstanding.forum.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No, he was not.

He actually INCREASED their influence over currency by eliminating silver certificates.

And the source you just linked proves my point.

edit on 28-2-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The point is that if the notes did not come from the fed, there is no interest. And that congress would "mint" the money.

It sounds like it was a pissing match. Basically he wanted silver in coins not dollars. He put a tax on silver transactions and stopped the treasury from selling the silver. And diverted the silver to coins.

On November 28, 1961, President Kennedy halted sales of silver by the Treasury Department. Increasing demand for silver as an industrial metal had led to an increase in the market price of silver above the United States government's fixed price. This led to a decline in the government's excess silver reserves by over 80% during 1961.

Kennedy also called upon Congress to phase out silver certificates in favor of Federal Reserve notes which, according to the Associated Press at that time, were still backed by gold.[2][3] Kennedy repeated his calls for Congress to act on several occasions, including his 1963 Economic Report, where he wrote:[4] I again urge a revision in our silver policy to reflect the status of silver as a metal for which there is an expanding industrial demand. Except for its use in coins, silver serves no useful monetary function. In 1961, at my direction, sales of silver were suspended by the Secretary of the Treasury. As further steps, I recommend repeal of those Acts that oblige the Treasury to support the price of silver; and repeal of the special 50-percent tax on transfers of interest in silver and authorization for the Federal Reserve System to issue notes in denominations of $1, so as to make possible the gradual withdrawal of silver certificates from circulation and the use of the silver thus released for coinage purposes. I urge the Congress to take prompt action on these recommended changes.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
It sounds like it was a pissing match. Basically he wanted silver in coins not dollars. He put a tax on silver transactions and stopped the treasury from selling the silver. And diverted the silver to coins.

Which for large scale transactions (coins) are useless. He gave more power to the Federal Reserve, this is not open for debate and is an often wrongly repeated conspiracy theorist canard that he did something other than this.

So, what other accomplishment of Kennedy do you want Trump to mimic?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think he's keeping his extremist campaign promises.

That's not the same thing as approving of him or his policies (or promises.)

He said that he was not going to govern as he campaigned.

That is not true.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If the plan was , and it was, to create dollars that are not the feds, this would greatly decrease the fed's power.

If a quarter is backed by silver, in theory so is a dollar.
edit on 28-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That only addresses one aspect of the poll, approval rating, and you're right they're all over the place. Rasmussen has him greater than 50% for weeks, gallup has him mid 40's, AOL mid 40's, politico/consult 50%.

Now, I haven't looked into it so this is just my stab in the dark, but I'm guessing those lower numbers are asking likely voters and the higher numbers are asking registered voters. Both contain good information but it's different. A poll of registered voters gives a better sense of where the country as whole thinks he is (even those who don't vote), while a poll of likely voters is better at predicting outcomes of elections.

Also, I'm not sure what you are getting at with his "past performance towards women." How does that change something like: is he keeping the promises he made to his supporters?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What does that even mean?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What bat#### crazy promise(s) has he tried to keep?
edit on 28-2-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

What does that even mean?

Trump said on multiple occasions that the tone, nature, combativeness, and extremism of his campaign promises were necessary to set himself apart from first the other Republicans and then from Clinton and that he would govern in a way that would benefit all Americans.

He isn't. He's doing exactly what he said he would in the campaign which is a series of extremist measures.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiger5

I do not like Trump so I could shout "FAKE NEWS".

Ok, not sure what good that would do you.

Is he making the right promises?

Obviously to his supporters they're the right promises, or they wouldn't support him... right?

Where are his result to date?

Rescinded [snipped] bathroom guidelines, picked good people for his cabinet, de-regulating EPA, his budget proposal is good, nominated a good conservative judge, about to issue a new immigration EO. Expect more on the legislative side in the next few months.

OK But Obama had better rating at thiss stage.

He sure did, because republicans were trying to give him a chance. They didn't turn on him until he actually did something (ACA) that they completely opposed with no support from them. They even gave him somewhat of a pass on his trillion dollar stimulus, where they had been threatening GWB and McCain who had similar ideas.
edit on Thu Mar 2 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: snipped inappropriate material

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And what has been non-beneficial to all Americans, that he's done so far?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join