It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on The Enemy of the People

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright

If the relationship between the DNC, the media, and the administration for the last 8 years is any indication, they are threatened by the first citizen president.

There you go, and it goes beyond that.

Trump had to fight the entire Republican establishment to get the nomination. And many of those in the party establishment fought him right through the general election. Including the Koch brothers.

He took on the Democrats and pretty much the entirety of the national media- news and entertainment.

Most of the people I know who voted for him did so because it was pretty apparent we've been headed in the wrong direction for decades. Voting for someone entrenched in the status quo (whether it be a Bush or a Clinton) wasn't going to change a thing. Maybe one would accelerate the demise faster than the other, but there wasn't going to be a change in principle.

Now that he's in, did anyone expect the very people who have profited over the policies in place were just going to roll over and let it happen?

No, there are and will continue to be charges of malfeasance, criminality, insanity, racism, fascism, and anything else they can come up with. "We're going to IMPEACH!! Don't worry about why or how, we'll come up with that later." Sort of sounds like the "we have to pass the law before we can read it", doesn't it?

He's going to stumble, probably fail spectacularly a few times, but IMO, I believe we have a better shot at effecting some actual meaningful and positive change with Trump in there than anyone else it could've been.

Most Big Things are accomplished by people who didn't know it was impossible.

And if the limousine liberals in the entertainment industry lose their minds and implode, that's just an added bonus.

Bump.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I appreciate your honesty, I don't mean to come off so confrontational so don't think I'm attacking you or anyone else. I'm only expressing my own opinions on Trump based on his past and other factors, mainly that no one gets into office unless they have the blessings of the elite.

I don't think it's any different this time except that they have changed their strategy. Now they are using people's distrust of the media in order to push the narrative that Trump is an outsider through the media (who people don't trust) bashing him constantly.

Trump's past actions speak volumes about him as a person in my opinion, he's been a part of the establishment for decades and has even admitted to that himself. He was taking part in the very corruption that he spoke out against. I personally cannot trust him based on the history of the White House and his own words and actions.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Obama repealed the Smith Mundt Act in 2013, re-allowing government propaganda & had many conflicts of interest during his presidency. Here are some of his fascist MSM corporate ties during his presidency:
1) ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, Obama's National Security Adviser.
2) CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, Obama’s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.
3) ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Obama Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney.
4) ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, Obama’s Deputy Press Secretary.
5) ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of Obama’s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood.
6) CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton’s Deputy Secretary Tom Nides.

MSM's corporate sponsors are companies in the banking industry, pharmaceutical industry, military industrial complex, etc. & corrupt career politicians like The Clintons, the Bushes, McCain, Graham, etc. Are on their side & oppose Trump.

In my opinion, the combination of MSM, corrupt career politicians & the corporations which support both MSM & corrupt career politicians are what form the deep state. The fact that nearly all are against Trump proves to me that Trump was the correct choice. I believe Trump wants smaller government in physical size, with little corporate influence, as well as, a free market with little government influence, which is a win for the people & a step in the correct direction towards restoring our constitutional republic. I don't agree with a few things he's done, like proposing that welfare recipients should take a drug test to receive benefits, that will just lead to more crime. I am also against his stance on the drug war, especially keeping recreational marijuana illegal but at least he seems ok w/ medical marijuana. I think he did this for a few reasons: he's straight edge, he wants to anger Democrats in states like California & he wants to please law abiding bible belt supporters & law enforcement. The last thing I'm displeased about is his tariffs on Mexico. I think he should have a tax on wire transfers to Mexico instead. This would ensure Mexico pays for the wall. I do understand why he wants to have import tariffs. It's the best action to move business back but unfortunately that may raise the price on everything. The FED should like that, since they believe higher prices help people. All in all, I believe the pros out weigh the cons with Trump.

edit on 28-2-2017 by JBIZZ because: spelling

edit on 28-2-2017 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: underwerks
You're OP only works if you start with the premise that Trump isn't lying, only the media is. Which is easily proven false. I think your disdain for those you disagree with is clouding your judgement. I get that it's a popular thing among conservatives to view people that don't support Trump as being little ignorant sponges that can't think for themselves and soak up whatever narrative the media hands them, but that line of thinking is rhetoric, not reality.

And what about the rhetoric that all Trump supporters are dumb, idiotic cult members that blindly accept his every move? Honestly this rhetoric is further from the truth than the one on you guys.

Yeah, that's exactly right. Look at the Flagged Page and you'll see threads praising Trump and attacking his enemies. I've rarely seen any ATS Trump supporters disagree with him or his administration. Instead it's usually defending him, always defending, deflecting to defend him, usually to Hillary, Obama, Democrats in general but rarely question his actions, words, or Twitter feed. They never question his hypocrisy. I've never seen anything like it.

Instead of being called Teflon Don he should be called Flip Flop Trump because he is the personification of hypocrisy. But do his supporters ever hold him accountable? Nope, and that's why he continues to be the walking disaster he is because no one holds him accountable, well except for everyone who disagrees with him. He's working hard on curbing free speech, something I thought Trump supporters cherished! Oh how they cried when Milo was protested and shut down but praise Trump for attacking and censoring the media.

If he's not talking about how great he is and the things he does then he's probably attacking someone or something, like the media. And his cult followers follow suit and do the same thing, praise him and attack everyone and everything doesn't 100% have their noses firmly placed up his saggy old a...

So of course this is cult like behavior, when a leader can do NO wrong in their eyes.

Imagine if Obama was caught saying the same thing? I'm sure Trump supporting conservatives would just let it go and tell everyone to give him a chance.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

A fine, nay! EXCELLENT example of yellow journalism! Thank you.

Good writing too, flawed premises notwithstanding.

edit on 28/2/17 by soficrow because: wrong emoji

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

You aren't looking hard enough or ignoring the obvious signs because a lot of us disagreed with his marijuana and prison laws.

How is that "can't do no wrong"?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Trump has been talking about corruption in the Government since the 1980's, and people back then liked the idea of him becoming President.
He's a Patriot that wants to fight the Globalists that want to start the NWO, which the Bush's, Clinton's and Obama want, It's not just Democrats that are corrupted, Republicans too, there is a shadow government trying to keep it's power at play, and with the media at it's helm, Trump is fighting the unstoppable, he needs some establishment people if not he won't be able to do anything with having so many against him, you need power to fight power.

A 70 year old Billionaire who has everything, wouldn't want to just become President to make the whole world burn if he truly didn't want to make America great again.

Watch this video if you want proof that he's been talking about corruption and what should be done since the 1980's, he also predicted the financial crisis we have today, and all our debt problems, he's a true patriot: youtu.be...
edit on 28-2-2017 by BloodxRayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The only enemy of the people I see is the big lying megalomaniac cheeto colored POS currently occupying the white house and waging war against life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Since I do not watch, nor care about the MSM, they are of no consequence to me. They are a problem for the sheeple who are too lazy to fact check.

The biggest enemy of the American people is the madman elected by idiots currently trying to turn this country into his own kleptocratic nazi playground, the one who is actually attacking Americans with his policies, surrounds himself with a hive of anti-American villainous scum, and has made us the biggest shameful joke on the planet.

Claiming to not watch MSM and then spitting out the MSM lie word for word.

You do follow the MSM, very closely by the sound of it.
I'd love to hear exactly who's rights he's impinged upon? I'd love to hear exactly what he's said or done that mimics nazi doctrine too.

Oh that's right, he said he supports immigration as long as it's done LEGALLY. What a nazi.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You aren't looking hard enough or ignoring the obvious signs because a lot of us disagreed with his marijuana and prison laws.

How is that "can't do no wrong"?

Exactly. Almost ALL of us who support President Trump, disagree with his stance on marijuana. I bet that makes libtard's heads explode , "but how can you disagree with something he says when you're the ones who support him?" I guess 'thinking for yourself ' is a foreign concept to ALL libtards.

"He said 'foreign', he must be racist".

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Trump has called out the Establishment status quo and they are giving him heck for it. And its massive.
The demons from out the very cells of hell are against him with all their venomous hatred.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Picture a scenario in which bleating the party-slogans to fellow members of ones own tribe is considered brave, and you'd scratch your first impossible thought before breakfast.

Mmhmm

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Slow down LesMisanthrope or that Thesaurus you're carrying might burst into flames.

Yes a lot of the press has no idea, look outwards towards other nations and you'll find that many of those on the outside looking in are impartial. The way I see it the speech to congress had it's high points, so much so that even the dem's rose to join the applause , but then so did the reb's who rose to applause like tweens at a Bieber concert (i'm sure if Hillary was elected the left would do the same.)

The lines between press and media are being blurred but there is still a line. Saying it's fake media was not entirely Trumps fault, but it wasn't smart either.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Great post, very well written.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hear Hear!

Bravo. Simply bravo.

Nailed it.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I've been on and off here's years but just had to sign up to comment. This was beautifully written and I really enjoyed it. I'm from the uk but believe that trump is going to be better for everyone worldwide in the long run. Any real change is good change. As we constantly evolve as a species I take comfort in the knowledge that we don't always get things right but we learn from our mistakes. It seems some people are taking that hard at the moment. Two wrongs aren't making a right and if I'm passionate about it here in the U.K. as I believe are many others then something is definitely happening. I enjoyed the article as if didn't finger point it just pointed out the facts. Nice work👍🏻

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
6 pages and I don't think anyone has challenged anything you have to say on the hypocrisy of the media??

I think you can call that a win

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Very eloquently put

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Perhaps the keynote of your silly inset was to post the actual quote...."when youre a star they let you".... How many stars hate Trump????

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

That's irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BloodxRayne

very eloquently put and so was the OP too.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join