It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on The Enemy of the People

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
dp
edit on 28-2-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Any attempt to discuss any points I've made? It's not me trying to get around an argument here. Lol.

To respond to strawmen would be foolish.

I've made what I think and see in front of me explicitly clear. What news do you watch and get the information you based your OP on?

I have subscriptions to the NYT, Washington Post, and Wallstreet Journal. I only watch CNN for cable news; it's one of the only channels I can get. I base my OPs on my own thoughts.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Any attempt to discuss any points I've made? It's not me trying to get around an argument here. Lol.

To respond to strawmen would be foolish.

I've made what I think and see in front of me explicitly clear. What news do you watch and get the information you based your OP on?

I have subscriptions to the NYT, Washington Post, and Wallstreet Journal. I only watch CNN for cable news; it's one of the only channels I can get. I base my OPs on my own thoughts.

To label something a strawman, simply because you can't defend your position, is cowardly. And something I wouldn't expect coming from you.

I imagine it's going to get harder and harder to rationalize Trump and everything he represents in the coming days, but I look forward to watching the mental gymnastics.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

When has anything he done been praiseworthy? I'm still waiting.

I'm not on the left, and I think the guy is the biggest threat to the safety, sanity, and security of this country. But even I can point out one good decision he made: picking James Mattis as Secretary of Defense. And...that's about it.

Everything else he has done has me wondering if I am still living in the U.S. or some dystopian hybrid of Running Man, 1984, and Idiocracy.

I don't know, maybe his fight against the establishment? Him calling out corruption? His fight against human trafficking and pedophilia?

Of course you will deflect these points and only continue to prove my point that you've all made up your mind and he can't do any good..

His fight against the establishment? Everything he has done has been to bolster and empower the establishment. He IS the establishment. Are you serious? Do you even understand what the establishment is?

His calling out corruption? The guy has brought political corruption to the white house on a whole new level. More like he has dug out and now brazenly flaunts and glorifies his corruption, surrounds himself with corrupt and vile advisors and lackeys. It's like a banana republic.

Fight against human trafficking and pedophilia? What "fight"?

You can call it deflection all you like, but out here in the real world, we call it pointing out Emperor Chump has no clothes.

If he did something good, I'd point it out. In fact, I did point out something good he did: Mattis. Everything else? He's a been a bigger threat to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness than any crazed terrorist could be.

This notion that he shouldn't have establishment people beside him when fighting the establishment is silly and only shows lack of insight on those that spew it.

Who do you fight powerful people with? With powerful people..

Who knows more about the establishment than the establishment themselves?

Would you call your sister to a gang fight?

Your entire tone is filled with pure projection and conjecture. Source me where he's flaunting his corruption?

Here's a question for you, how do you topple a regime?

A: you start from the inside.

Art of war folks

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Appealing to hypocrisy is a common fallacy, and attributing motive is a common bias.

Now that is weak. Your hypocrisy shines-through in the example I provided. You are using the same tactics that you seem to deride. The entire approach you took to the OP clearly shows your motive.

It's nothing more that partisan hypocrisy wrapped in a shell of verbose arrogance.

For future reference, it’s “you’re”.

My apologies. I type very fast and move on to the next task at hand. Sometimes...mistakes are made.

I don't know what we would do if it weren't for obnoxious grammar nazis to point out those rare mistakes. Suppose they need something to do with their time.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

To label something a strawman, simply because you can't defend your position, is cowardly. And something I wouldn't expect coming from you.

I labelled it a strawman because it was a strawman. Strawmen are cowardly. It means you misrepresented your opponents views to make it appear that you won the argument.

I imagine it's going to get harder and harder to rationalize Trump and everything he represents in the coming days, but I look forward to watching the mental gymnastics.

The OP is about the media, but great dance routine nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Now that is weak. Your hypocrisy shines-through in the example I provided. You are using the same tactics that you seem to deride. The entire approach you took to the OP clearly shows your motive.

It's nothing more that partisan hypocrisy wrapped in a shell of verbose arrogance.

But I provided reasons why, none of which you have attempted to refute. Bravo. Appeal to hypocrisy. Fallacy wrapped in a costume of intelligence.

My apologies. I type very fast and move on to the next task at hand. Sometimes...mistakes are made.

I don't know what we would do if it weren't for obnoxious grammar nazis to point out those rare mistakes. Suppose they need something to do with their time.

Didn't take long at all. Glad I could help.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Too much romanticizing of Trumps place in US politics.

And yes I would take my sister to a gang fight but just because she is one of the Lizzies.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Kudos;
You've just described the Jerry Springer society that the US has become while its political scene descends to the depths of Idiocracy.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I labelled it a strawman because it was a strawman. Strawmen are cowardly. It means you misrepresented your opponents views to make it appear that you won the argument.

Quoting that for posterity's sake. Read that comment, then read the OP.

I'll wait.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

a reply to: odzeandennz

so youre basically agreeing with Trump on all basis, and in everything he's done in a nutshell....

I agree with Trump that the liberal press is the enemy of the people, yes, and for the exact reasons I stated. They sow division among the people and are the propaganda wing of America’s enemies.

ATS members consistently sow division among ignorant partisan ideals. Enemy of the people, uh huh.

It's only an issue when it's the left spreading their propaganda, in which they undeniably do. All you hear are excuses when it comes from the right.

As to you comment regarding ISIS, you don't understand their inception and ties to the U.S. federal government. Osama Bin Laden and the Muhajadeen? Trained, armed, and funded by the U.S. to fight off the "Communists," does this ring a bell?

The federal government is responsible for IS.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Quoting that for posterity's sake. Read that comment, then read the OP.

I'll wait.

Read my own OP? I wrote it. I made arguments, you misrepresented them.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Sorry, but not all members from IS are from Afghanistan, nor fought in the Afghan-Soviet war. They'd be probably be in their 60s by now.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But I provided reasons why, none of which you have attempted to refute. Bravo. Appeal to hypocrisy. Fallacy wrapped in a costume of intelligence.

I do not necessarily dispute your "reasons". What I find hypocritical is that you are giving "reason" to label the Leftist media and hint at them being an enemy of the American people, while the same which you describe can be found in the Right Wing MSM.

Why isn't their rhetoric or yellow journalism an enemy to the American people as well? Do we not see the same sensationalism and hyperbole?

Not only that, you engage in the very act you deride when you invoke the name of ISIS and Goebell.

It's not an appeal to hypocrisy. I simply pointing it out.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I simply do not watch Fox news or read Breitbart. I honestly cannot tell you what they are doing, but I would love a comparison if you are able to provide it. I admit it would it would make for a less partisan OP. I apologize for that. I am aware Breitbart is pro Trump. But as I understand it, they are small fries in comparison to the NYT, WaPo, the BBC, Der Spegel, and elsewhere in domestic and International Media, who are devoutly anti-president. But yes, yellow journalism is found everywhere.

I am not calling the American president a dictator, nor have I ever done so. There is no hypocrisy there. Nor have I ever derided the act of evoking names such as ISIS or Stalin. What I derided was doing so while pretending they were being courageous and threatened and bullied, when they are clearly not.

With this they get to paint their target as the real "enemy of the people", a murderous and tyrannical communist dictator, while surreptitiously painting themselves as the threatened and bullied class. Still their rights remain untrammelled. Their stupefied readers grow more humourless.

edit on 28-2-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It is is not just Trumps's opinion. It is widely reported fact.

Obama and DNC chair Perez made their intentions very clear. They set uo a shadow Whitehouse and the OFA already has tens of thousands of operatives across the nation focused on sabotaging Trump.

Obama is intimately involved in OFA operations and even tweets from the group’s account. In fact, he gave marching orders to OFA foot soldiers following Trump’s upset victory.

“It is fine for everybody to feel stressed, sad, discouraged,” he said in a conference call from the White House. “But get over it.” He demanded they “move forward to protect what we’ve accomplished.”

“Now is the time for some organizing,” he said. “So don’t mope.”

Far from sulking, OFA activists helped organize anti-Trump marches across US cities, some of which turned into riots.

nypost.com...

Perez is running for the vacant DNC chairmanship, vowing, “It’s time to organize and fight . . . We must stand up to protect President Obama’s accomplishments,” while also promising,
“We’re going to build the strongest grassroots organizing force this country has ever seen.”

The 55-year-old Obama is not content to go quietly into the night like other ex-presidents.

“You’re going to see me early next year,” he told his OFA troops after the election, “and we’re going to be in a position where we can start cooking up all kinds of great stuff.”

Added the ex-president: “Point is, I’m still fired up and ready to go.”

edit on 28-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

So you're telling me he's fighting the establishment by giving the establishment powerful positions? Isn't that kind of what the establishment wants, to be put in positions of power? Sounds like a case of rationalizing what you don't want to admit, that Trump is hiring establishment goons because he is the establishment.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

kinda like when the dems were planning to impose martial law to keep trump from assuming power, kinda like when the CIA and NSA were going to blackmail trump to impeachment, kinda like when Obama was going to find some law from the 17th century to keep himself president, kinda like when the left were planning to kill the electoral college members,
is that what this 'shadow' government is like?

by next week, the Don will conjure up some more nonsense for you to blissfully swallow.

mentalists...
we rail on MSM when they throw bullcrap with 'anonymous' sources, yet when Don T says there's a secret government trying to somehow overthrow him, or the cia is against him, it becomes gospel with 0 credible evidence...

hold your breath for that wall, all trumpaholics. or should i say [virtual wall].
wait for the budget cuts and the new war on drugs... and those new jobs too.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you're telling me he's fighting the establishment by giving the establishment powerful positions? Isn't that kind of what the establishment wants, to be put in positions of power? Sounds like a case of rationalizing what you don't want to admit, that Trump is hiring establishment goons because he is the establishment.

The difference between me and you is I'm devoid of projection.

Your premise that Trump is playing us makes sense at a glance, but if you looked closer and researched a bit more, you would realize Trump has been saying the same things for 20+ years, before he ever thought about becoming president. So while it's not impossible he is just another face for the agenda, common sense and a bit of insight tells me otherwise.

When did I deny he isn't establishment? I clearly called him one, along with his friends..

But that doesn't change his intentions..

you don't need to rationalize when you're already rational.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Before we can blame the talking heads we see on TV....who actually writes or gathers the stories they report?

That's the real problem.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join