It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on The Enemy of the People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

How can you say he has had no time to do anything, but apparently has so much time to mess up?
Its the same style of rhetoric showing up on any and all boogy men the MSM puts out . Look at Russia and you see them saying on one hand that Putin/Russia is falling apart and near collapses and Putin needs to be stopped to save the poor Russians while on the flip side are saying that Russia is controlling every countries elections and is a military threat to the largest war machine ever to have existed in mans history ....You really have to have a bad case of cognitive dissonance to go along with such contradictions ...It may actually have its roots in the "Talk to the Hand" meme ...don't know ..

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So ,you agree, good thing the media is now doing its job?

Not like this. They are completely biased there is no denying that. The MSM manipulated the perception of many people about Trump with all kinds of shady tricks. Just look at the huge scandal when he allegedly mocked a diasbled person. That never happend. I'm german and i'm observing the same crap in my country. The MSM is full of people who push their own agenda. They did everything to bury the pizza topic. That alone disqualifies them at least in my book for all eternity. This counts for all media outlets that attempt to feed me dishonest information. This is not just isolated to the US. The whole worldwide MSM operates like this.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

How convenient.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The only enemy of the people...

and

The biggest enemy of the...people...

Which is it? I am confused. BTW, while I disagree with you, I love 'A cheeto colored POS trying to turn this country into his own kleptocratic nazi playground'. Some amazing imagery. 9 out of 10. Instead of Nazi, if you could have worked 'Hitler' in there somehow, then definitely 10 out of 10.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You'd think that the media would have learned their lesson that bashing Trump only helped him but they didn't apparently. They just kept on bashing him and continue to do so KNOWING that it is only strengthening the resolve of his supporters. I wonder why that is?

If the relationship between the DNC, the media, and the administration for the last 8 years is any indication, they are threatened by the first citizen president.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The only enemy of the people is the people themselves.

There have been many regimes come to power by blind gullibility of the people.

"The formula ‘enemy of the people,’” Mr. Khrushchev told the Soviet Communist Party in a 1956 speech denouncing Stalin’s cult of personality, “was specifically introduced for the purpose of physically annihilating such individuals” who disagreed with the supreme leader. mobile.nytimes.com...
j
edit on 28-2-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

And they know that you know this which is why they continue to bash Trump, to make you (not you in particular) more and more invested in him.

They're bashing him and have been bashing him for one reason and one reason only: to make him look like an enemy of the media and thus the establishment.

They are using people's distrust of the media against them, making them believe Trump is anti-establishment when he has been in their pockets for decades now and still is. Not only has he polarized the country and divided it, he is also pushing the establishment agenda with the support of nearly half the country without them even realizing it.

There's a reason they chose Trump to be president (and yes, THEY chose him) and that's because he's a lightning rod for hate and division.

People need to wake up to the bread and circus going on right now, none of it is genuine, least of all Trump.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

If the relationship between the DNC, the media, and the administration for the last 8 years is any indication, they are threatened by the first citizen president.
Exactly ...But you have to boil it down to get that conclusion ...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

If you trust the narrative being pushed then yes I guess you could believe all that, but I don't trust the narrative and see past the charade.

The establishment's agenda is to divide us so that they have less people looking their way. Looks like Trump was the perfect man for the job, we have been effectively divided more than I have ever seen.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

Your OP only works if you start with the premise that Trump isn't lying, only the media is. Which is easily proven false. I think your disdain for those you disagree with is clouding your judgement. I get that it's a popular thing among conservatives to view people that don't support Trump as being little ignorant sponges that can't think for themselves and soak up whatever narrative the media hands them, but that line of thinking is rhetoric, not reality.

I never started with that premise, so you started your rebuttal with a straw man. Neither did I state nor imply those I disagree with as being ignorant sponges. I was speaking of those who view states of affairs, and get their facts, through what is being fed them in the media, not those who disagree with me. If that doesn’t apply to you then it wasn’t about you. But I think consistently siding with the enemy of the people, and viewing reality through the lens of yellow journalism, has clouded your judgement.

It's funny. Your OP decries people who form their opinions based off of a media narrative. And what do you attack it with? Another media narrative, albeit a right wing one, but one that supports your own views. And not a hint of irony in the whole thing.

Thinking the press is the enemy of the people is a sign of the backwards logic that conservatives have been fed a steady diet of for the past few years gone to seed. "You're racist for calling me a racist!" etc. Trump calling the press the enemy of the people for lying, all the while telling 3-4 verifiable lies a day for the first month in office.

Projection, plain and simple. And at this point, after this long, for a lot of Trump supporters that projection has turned into a hologram. It actually looks like something real, even though it's just smoke and mirrors.

Crafting a media narrative 101. Brought to you by Steve Bannon, Milo, Richard Spencer, and all your hero's of the right who constantly rail against the corrupt media, but own media empires of their own. Hmmmmm..

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If you trust the narrative being pushed then yes I guess you could believe all that, but I don't trust the narrative and see past the charade.

The establishment's agenda is to divide us so that they have less people looking their way. Looks like Trump was the perfect man for the job, we have been effectively divided more than I have ever seen.

I don't trust the narrative being pushed. But when you yourself see past the charade, where exactly are you looking? The news?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

There you go, and it goes beyond that.

Trump had to fight the entire Republican establishment to get the nomination. And many of those in the party establishment fought him right through the general election. Including the Koch brothers.

He took on the Democrats and pretty much the entirety of the national media- news and entertainment.

Most of the people I know who voted for him did so because it was pretty apparent we've been headed in the wrong direction for decades. Voting for someone entrenched in the status quo (whether it be a Bush or a Clinton) wasn't going to change a thing. Maybe one would accelerate the demise faster than the other, but there wasn't going to be a change in principle.

Now that he's in, did anyone expect the very people who have profited over the policies in place were just going to roll over and let it happen?

No, there are and will continue to be charges of malfeasance, criminality, insanity, racism, fascism, and anything else they can come up with. "We're going to IMPEACH!! Don't worry about why or how, we'll come up with that later." Sort of sounds like the "we have to pass the law before we can read it", doesn't it?

He's going to stumble, probably fail spectacularly a few times, but IMO, I believe we have a better shot at effecting some actual meaningful and positive change with Trump in there than anyone else it could've been.

Most Big Things are accomplished by people who didn't know it was impossible.

And if the limousine liberals in the entertainment industry lose their minds and implode, that's just an added bonus.
edit on 2/28/2017 by yeahright because: BB Code

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It's funny. Your OP decries people who form their opinions based off of a media narrative. And what do you attack it with? Another media narrative, albeit a right wing one, but one that supports your own views. And not a hint of irony in the whole thing.

Unfortunately I do not follow right-wing news. Is there something in the OP that mirrors it? Or is this simply another attempt to get around the arguments? Please, show me where I made a mistake. Or you can turn back to your news and look there for the answers.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

The narrative is that Trump is an outsider. It seems that you have bought into that from my point of view. I don't watch the news either, they're only using Trump as a way to get ratings. And yes, they constantly lie to people and have for as long as I can remember. But seeing as how I agree with their current assessment of Trump that automatically puts me in their camp in some people's eyes which is unfortunate.

Like I said, they're using Trump and the media as a way to divide people into clubs and groups and it seems to be working. It's all part of their plan.
edit on 2/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

When has anything he done been praiseworthy? I'm still waiting.

I'm not on the left, and I think the guy is the biggest threat to the safety, sanity, and security of this country. But even I can point out one good decision he made: picking James Mattis as Secretary of Defense. And...that's about it.

Everything else he has done has me wondering if I am still living in the U.S. or some dystopian hybrid of Running Man, 1984, and Idiocracy.

I don't know, maybe his fight against the establishment? Him calling out corruption? His fight against human trafficking and pedophilia?

Of course you will deflect these points and only continue to prove my point that you've all made up your mind and he can't do any good..

His fight against the establishment? Everything he has done has been to bolster and empower the establishment. He IS the establishment. Are you serious? Do you even understand what the establishment is?

His calling out corruption? The guy has brought political corruption to the white house on a whole new level. More like he has dug out and now brazenly flaunts and glorifies his corruption, surrounds himself with corrupt and vile advisors and lackeys. It's like a banana republic.

Fight against human trafficking and pedophilia? What "fight"?

You can call it deflection all you like, but out here in the real world, we call it pointing out Emperor Chump has no clothes.

If he did something good, I'd point it out. In fact, I did point out something good he did: Mattis. Everything else? He's a been a bigger threat to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness than any crazed terrorist could be.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The known enemies of the US see the US much differently than US citizens do.

Examine this recent statement made to Trump.

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's former hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad sent a letter Sunday to President Donald Trump, striking a somewhat conciliatory tone while applauding immigration to America and saying it shows "the contemporary U.S. belongs to all nations."

Source

"the contemporary U.S. belongs to all nations."

Let that sink in. There is a notion out there that the US belongs to the world. It's citizens have no say on borders, who can be citizens, who comes and goes, it's wealth is to be tapped into and suckled upon etc etc.

A very far Left way of thought. One that was expressed at the highest levels of diplomatic conversation. One that an enemy of the US holds dearly and expresses, by no mere coincidence, so does our Press that makes up the Fake News.

It is insane as well as asinine.
edit on 28-2-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The narrative is that Trump is an outsider. It seems that you have bought into that from my point of view. I don't watch the news either, they're only using Trump as a way to get ratings. And yes, they constantly lie to people and have for as long add I can remember. But seeing as how I agree with their assessment of Trump that automatically puts me in their camp in some people's eyes which is unfortunate.

I do think he is an outsider insofar as he is the first citizen president. He isn't wedded to the political establishment, nor the bloated bureaucracy. I haven't bought into it; I simply made a judgement based on what I know. Of course, I could be wrong, but I think the behavior of the entrenched bureaucrats, the bloated government agencies, and those with vested interests in it, hints to there being more truth than falsity in that argument.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

There were a lot of arrests made in connection with human trafficking and pedophelia in the last 1 and a half months but the media isn't putting that on the front pages.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Unfortunately I do not follow right-wing news. Is there something in the OP that mirrors it? Or is this simply another attempt to get around the arguments? Please, show me where I made a mistake. Or you can turn back to your news and look there for the answers.

Any attempt to discuss any points I've made? It's not me trying to get around an argument here. Lol.

I've made what I think and see in front of me explicitly clear. What news do you watch and get the information you based your OP on?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Arrests made after months or even years of investigation are not because of Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join