It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on The Enemy of the People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Even ISIS couldn't fabricate better anti-American propaganda, that ISIS isn't even bothering to so. The "fake news" does it better than anyone else. Just like the British left-wing press was a gift to Goebells during WWII, the American liberal media complex is a gift to the enemies of the United States.

I don't think most people really understand how profoundly true the above words are.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
I don't know, maybe his fight against the establishment? Him calling out corruption? His fight against human trafficking and pedophilia?

You mean talk and take credit for things set in motion before he took office.

Try again.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

When has anything he done been praiseworthy? I'm still waiting.

I'm not on the left, and I think the guy is the biggest threat to the safety, sanity, and security of this country. But even I can point out one good decision he made: picking James Mattis as Secretary of Defense. And...that's about it.

Everything else he has done has me wondering if I am still living in the U.S. or some dystopian hybrid of Running Man, 1984, and Idiocracy.

Trump gets shunned for basically doing what Obama did since he is in office. Everything is now considered evil because of Trump. Celeebrities that never had anything against Trump in the past are suddenly against him. Common sense and rational thinking went right of the window. People of the left downvoted a thread about his anti-human trafficking meeting on reddit because it's a bad thing now? Sorry but some people lost complete touch with reality.

I don't agree with everything Trump did so far but they are mostly minor issues.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Try again? Lol

You just proved my point with the deflection.

He could've not done anything at all, but of course he gets no "credit" because it was already in place..

Kind of like how his immigration law was already an existing law but of course he should take all the blame for it right?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

When has anything he done been praiseworthy? I'm still waiting.

I'm not on the left, and I think the guy is the biggest threat to the safety, sanity, and security of this country. But even I can point out one good decision he made: picking James Mattis as Secretary of Defense. And...that's about it.

Everything else he has done has me wondering if I am still living in the U.S. or some dystopian hybrid of Running Man, 1984, and Idiocracy.

Trump gets shunned for basically doing what Obama did since he is in office. Everything is now considered evil because of Trump. Celeebrities that never had anything against Trump in the past are suddenly against him. Common sense and rational thinking went right of the window. People of the left downvoted a thread about his anti-human trafficking meeting on reddit because it's a bad thing now? Sorry but some people lost complete touch with reality.

I don't agree with everything Trump did so far but they are mostly minor issues.

So if what Obama was doing while in office was bad, and that's what Trump is being called out for now, isn't it a good thing the media is finally calling out the president?

Common sense, rational thinking, etc.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Kind of like how his immigration law was already an existing law but of course he should take all the blame for it right?

That isn't deflection.

He hasn't had time to actually do anything so it is only logical that he hasn't done much of anything. The point of the post is to point out that you are seeing great achievements where there are none.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Lawyers.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The media didn't call out Obama on anything because they were best buddies. People didn't even knew that Obama deported 3 million illegal immigrants until now. The media portayed him as the messiah. Trump was attacked right away when he announced his plans to run for president. It looks like people suffer from pretty selective memory when it comes to Obama and the media.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just a short vid that kind of brings some of the rhetoric into a perspective ....good luck with trying to corral that gang of cats into a coherent perspective . Talk about know unknown's known ..

link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

So ,you agree, good thing the media is now doing its job?

link   

The media didn't call out Obama on anything because they were best buddies. People didn't even knew that Obama deported 3 million illegal immigrants until now. The media portayed him as the messiah. Trump was attacked right away when he announced his plans to run for president. It looks like people suffer from pretty selective memory when it comes to Obama and the media.

Pretty sure most people have been talking about the number of immigrants Obama deported since Trump started talking about creating a deportation force and a Muslim registry.

I agree, I see a lot of selective memory being applied, your post is a prime example.

Does right wing media not portray Trump as the messiah? Or as he's know on Facebook, "God Emperor Trump" ?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Trump has his own interests in mind, not those of the American people. If that were true (that he has the interests of the American people in mind) then his approval rating wouldn't be as low as it is.

I know Trump supporters have been so invested in him over the past nearly 2 years that they are afraid of admitting they made a mistake (they've taken on the ego of Trump in that regard) but the fact that Trump is doing the same kind of stuff that conservatives hated Obama for (like golfing, taking vacations, etc.) yet they are still making excuses for him only goes to show the brainwashing that has been going on in the media and politics over this past election cycle.

Follow the narrative of the media and you'll find ATS toeing the line right behind them. Everything the media talks about makes it onto these boards and is usually from posters who claim they don't trust the media, very ironic if you ask me.

They're playing both pro-Trump and anti-Trump people like a fiddle. Whether you trust them or not they are driving the narrative and people are falling for it hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Bravo

link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That isn't deflection.

He hasn't had time to actually do anything so it is only logical that he hasn't done much of anything. The point of the post is to point out that you are seeing great achievements where there are none.

Exactly, he hasn't had much time to do anything, but you guys have been calling for impeachment from his inception. See where I'm going with this?

How can you say he has had no time to do anything, but apparently has so much time to mess up?

That's because you have been conditioned to hate him and be against everything he does.

Go ahead, tell me some valid reasons why you hate him and why he should be impeached, without projection and conjecture..

Go on I'll wait.

link   

Actually, Obama changed the method of counting deportations.

On the one hand, he wanted a particular group to THINK he was deporting lots of illegals.
On the other hand, he apologized to LaRaza for the numbers and explained to them that it really wasn't what they thought.

What was he doing to pacify both? He was calling the ones caught at the border and turned around as 'deportations'!!

See how he did that? For those that want more deportations, he could quote the numbers. For those that didn't, such as the Latino groups, he could tell them it is really all smoke and mirrors.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Exactly, he hasn't had much time to do anything, but you guys have been calling for impeachment from his inception. See where I'm going with this?

You are going to lump me in with a group of people that I don't belong to?

How can you say he has had no time to do anything, but apparently has so much time to mess up?

He hasn't had time to do what you claimed he has done, all one has to do is say something stupid and that is messing up. That goes for everyone not just Trump.

That's because you have been conditioned to hate him and be against everything he does.

Go ahead, tell me some valid reasons why you hate him and why he should be impeached, without projection and conjecture..

Go on I'll wait.

I don't want any of that so I guess you'll be waiting a long time.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

so youre basically agreeing with Trump on all basis, and in everything he's done in a nutshell....

I agree with Trump that the liberal press is the enemy of the people, yes, and for the exact reasons I stated. They sow division among the people and are the propaganda wing of America’s enemies.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Your OP only works if you start with the premise that Trump isn't lying, only the media is. Which is easily proven false. I think your disdain for those you disagree with is clouding your judgement. I get that it's a popular thing among conservatives to view people that don't support Trump as being little ignorant sponges that can't think for themselves and soak up whatever narrative the media hands them, but that line of thinking is rhetoric, not reality.

I never started with that premise, so you started your rebuttal with a straw man. Neither did I state nor imply those I disagree with as being ignorant sponges. I was speaking of those who view states of affairs, and get their facts, through what is being fed them in the media, not those who disagree with me. If that doesn’t apply to you then it wasn’t about you. But I think consistently siding with the enemy of the people, and viewing reality through the lens of yellow journalism, has clouded your judgement.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It appears that your OP is ripe with hypocrisy.

While you blast the MSM for invoking images like Stalin, etc, to give the impression of whom is the real "enemy of the people", you invoke ISIS and Goebells for the same purposes.

I think the only thing we could agree on is that there is an abundance of "yellow journalism" at our disposal, but that is not something new and not limited to just those that publish content critical of the president. The same problem lies with those that publish content that is favorable to the president as well.

So it seems that you are saying that it's only a certain brand of "yellow journalism" we should be concerned about and should be considered enemies of the people, but the "yellow journalism" that confirms your own biases are ok.

In other words, you are on one side of the fence bleating in protest about the bleats coming from the other side.

Either way, your both still sheep.

It appears you do not know what hypocrisy means. It was an allusion to Orwell who made the very same argument. Is the argument right or wrong? Appealing to hypocrisy is a common fallacy, and attributing motive is a common bias.

Nowhere did I say that yellow journalism that confirms biases is OK. Another lie among a whole post of them.

For future reference, it’s “you’re”.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You'd think that the media would have learned their lesson that bashing Trump only helped him but they didn't apparently. They just kept on bashing him and continue to do so KNOWING that it is only strengthening the resolve of his supporters. I wonder why that is?

A man who has been a part of the establishment for decades while appearing on countless MSM interviews and having mainstream TV shows all of a sudden is anti-establishment? The very same establishment who helped to feed him with a silver spoon for decades? Hmmmm...

Would they use the rising awareness of media corruption against us and use that same media to paint an insider as an outsider with Trump? Nooooo... not possible, right? Wrong.
edit on 2/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join