It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Dictatorship Makes News Around the World

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Off-Topic ...a little known trick...

Sociopaths do not have the same Yawn-Contagion Reflex as normal people.

If you think you might be talking to a Sociopath..give a big yawn and see if it catches..

Of course it is not fool-proof...but it's a hint.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Lol, Annee.

I liked that claim you made, alow me to paraphrase:

I've heard people talk on the radio who lived through a real dictatorship and they all say that this is how it begins!

The trouble here is you seem to believe whatever you're told by verious people who you most likely don't know a damn thing about. You just heard them say it and so it must be true.

If I'm wrong, and you do have more details on these people who you heard say those things...please, spill. Give us sources, links...who made these claims? How trustworthy are they?

But when all's said and done...do you honestly believe there's a set pattern by which a dictatorship is formed? They all begin the same way? Is this true? Someone prove this, please.

It's akin to me saying something like this...hey, psst, see that kid over there? He used a particular prase that I remember a kid using when we were at school...and that kid from school went on to murder a bunch of people.

ARREST HIIIM!

There's no absolute pattern...if you're watching for dictatorships forming based on previous patterns I reckon you're most likely wasting your time.

What qualifies you to make this call? More to the point, what qualifies anyone, even someone who did witness the formation of a dictatorship, first hand?

Let's be rational - how likely is a human, living in this day and age...how likely is any human alive now to have witnessed the formation of more than one absolute dictatorship? If you've seen two come into being you're exceptionally unlucky...but if you survive to talk about it on US radio...well, was it really a dictatorship?

The more dictatorships you witness come into being, the less likely you are to live to tell the tale, I'd say. But you speak of thee people who are an authority on the issue so who are they? Give us facts...or do you expect us to take your word for it? Or to take the word of some people who said so on radio..who we don't know anything about. Who were these people?

Where does this end? I don't like Nicola Sturgeon, I bet if I dig enough I can find some little similarity between her and some iunreasonable despot of yesteryear and we can use it to launch a witch-hunt against her.

That's a dangerous way to view the future that neither you nor anyone else can predict. I mean, you lot couldn't even predict the outcome of an election but ar clairevoyant enough to see how Trumps presidency will progress...it's laughable at best.

At worst, a poor joke.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Americans were angry with the political landscape. They voted for Trump.

Why, then, did the highly educated Germans embrace a lunatic like Adolf Hitler?  The short answer is that bad policies caused economic, military and political crises – chow time for tyrants.  German circumstances changed for the worse, and when people become angry enough or desperate enough, sometimes they’ll support crazies who would never attract a crowd in normal circumstances.

The American people are disillusioned with the press, they are disillusioned with Government, they are disillusioned with prior policies allowing NAFTA to grow legs. Denouncing them as enemies of the people and vowing to 'Make America Great Again'.

Hitler’s main talent seemed to be as a speech maker, so he began giving speeches that appealed to Germans embittered and disillusioned by the outcome of the war.  He denounced Jews, capitalists and other alleged villains, vowing to rebuild German greatness.

supporters of Trump want a wall (paid for by Mexico) to keep out all those nasty Mexicans...

Like the other belligerents, Germans had entered World War I with the expectation that they would win and recoup their war costs by making the losers pay.

Link for Excerps

Trump loves to suppress and demonize the media, and I think we ALL know that he is a twitter addict...

The crucial elements of both (Hitler and Stalin) were the identification of the state with a single mass party and of the party with its charismatic leader, the use of an official ideology to legitimize and maintain the regime, the use of terror and propaganda to suppress dissent and stifle opposition, and the use of modern science and technology to control the economy and individual behaviour.

Dictatorship - Political Science: Brittanica

It seems, a lot of people are willfully ignoring what history has taught us.

edit on 3-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Yes, yes...those things you said are true.

So this automatically means a dictatorship? We voted for Brexit here in the UK, I suppose this also follows the pattern.

Seems to me there was already a silent dictatorship that will fight tooth and nail to oppose the will of the people who want to change it.
edit on 3-3-2017 by HeathenJessie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Truth is you can't predict the future, nobody can.

No matter how hard you try...no matter the patterns you see. We can't base our views on what you and a few others 'think' will happen.

Again, if you can make such accurate predictions why did the majority of the left convince themselves Hillary would win when she didn't?

Seems to me we can't put any faith in the accuracy of your predictions based on previous patterns. Same logic.

And based on that logic we can safely conclude that the opposite to what you expect will happen will actually happen.

Do I win £5?

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Thing that's kind of odd about all of these claims is that these dictators apparently have one thing in common, charisma.

Do you think Donald Trump is charismatic?

I don't dislike him, don't really like him either I'm pretty indifferent towards him as a person. But I don't think he qualifies as charismatic...how many of the pre-determined criteria must he meet before he qualifies as a dictator?

Because he's anything but charismatic.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I also want to add...pretty much every politician that has run in an election has used that which has embittered the voters to their advantage.

That's kinda what they do when they campaign...they refer back to things that happened previously, things they know the voters aren't happy about....

And they say...I'll fix this! It won't happen again!

So you could twist it and say that pretty much every president and prime miniter was a dictator since they had that quality.

Yet the severe lack of actual dictatorships would prove to us that this claim is absurd.

History has taught us one very important lesson...we can't predict the future, any attempts to do so usually end in failure - like the prediction that Hillary Clinton would become president.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

Yes, yes...those things you said are true.

So this automatically means a dictatorship?

No, not necessarily....but prudence suggests that we keep our ear to the ground and listen more closely as they are warning signs of what may be to come.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeathenJessie

Thing that's kind of odd about all of these claims is that these dictators apparently have one thing in common, charisma.

Do you think Donald Trump is charismatic?

That's hard to say to be honest. I think the vast majority of his supporters thinks he is charismatic, but my gut instinct doesn't really see an ounce of charisma.

Then again, like diagnosing a network issue or a medical issue, not all the signs have to be present to point to a problem.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Yeah, that's what people should do.

If Trump goes rogue I reckon most will agree - I mean there's something fundamentally flawed with the US political system if the entire nation, politicians, jusges, senators and all idly stand by and ignore one man turn absolute tyrant.

Personally, I don't see it happening, even if it were the intention...if it does happen then it was bound to eventually.

But I'll agree on that...nobody can predict a thing therefor it's conjecture and pointless to make such bold claims.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: HeathenJessie

Personally, I don't see it happening, even if it were the intention...

I don't see it happening either but as far as intention goes, it is who Trump is. No way around it, even if he's not 'conscious' of it (and apparently he's not). So his handlers will keep him in line (or replace him) but meanwhile, the military guys are gaining a lot of power.

ng, imho

edit on 3/3/17 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join