It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Gives His Presidency an ‘A’ So Far

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Trump is tooting his own horn, giving himself an A for the great things he has done. But he feels has earned a C for communicating with the citizens about how great he has been.

Trump: ‘I think I’ve done great things’

President Trump gave himself a grade of A for his presidency so far in an interview broadcast on Tuesday morning but added that he would only give himself a C for communicating how great he has been.

Calling Nancy Pelosi incompetent and blaming Obama for organizing opposition to him Trump was warming up for what is to be a memorable address to Congress.

Appearing on “Fox and Friends,” which he has called one of his favorite shows, Mr. Trump blamed former President Barack Obama for organizing opposition against him, called the House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi “incompetent” and gently criticized his own press secretary for how he has handled leaks.

The interview, shown just hours before Mr. Trump delivers his first address to a joint session of Congress, set the stage for a day when he will have perhaps the biggest audience available to him for the rest of his first year in office. He highlighted his plans to increase military spending, tighten borders and replace Mr. Obama’s health care program, and he boasted that he has already brought back jobs to America.
www.nytimes.com...

Trump restated that he has a thick skin and Obama planning protests is "politics".
Trump also railed against leaks and said that Spicer was wrong to look over staffers phones even though the White House lawyers were present. But if that's the way Spicer wants to handle it Trump is OK with it.

Asked by the Fox hosts if he thinks Mr. Obama is responsible for some of the protests against his policies, Mr. Trump agreed but brushed it off. “I think he is behind it,” he said. “I also think it’s politics,” adding, “And look, I have a very thick skin.”

Mr. Trump, who has railed against leaks, said some of them have probably come from holdovers from Mr. Obama’s administration. But he said his press secretary, Sean Spicer, was wrong to bring a group of staff members into his office and inspect their telephones in the presence of White House lawyers.
“Sean Spicer is a fine human being; he’s a fine person,” Mr. Trump said. “I would have done it differently. I would have gone one-on-one with different people.” He added: “I would have handled it differently than Sean. But Sean handles it his way and I’m O.K. with it.”

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Yes he gets an A in getting a soldier killed in a botched attack. He gets an A in being deluded that most Americans are smarter than to believe his constant lying. He gets an A in setting up a government that is filled with the creatures of the swamp he promised to drain. He gets an A on reinterpreting the US Constitution to mean what he wants (too bad the SCOTUS didn't agree).

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Yes he gets an A in getting a soldier killed in a botched attack. He gets an A in being deluded that most Americans are smarter than to believe his constant lying. He gets an A in setting up a government that is filled with the creatures of the swamp he promised to drain. He gets an A on reinterpreting the US Constitution to mean what he wants (too bad the SCOTUS didn't agree).

That's the worst one of all. I was actually there and saw it happen. Trump pushed that guy RIGHT INTO THE LINE OF FIRE. What a damn monster.

I wish the delusional right would see how stupid they are. How can they be wrong about every single thing when the truth is right in front of them. How can people on the left see ever single thing trump does in a factually negative unbiased light while these fools just see everything as right.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

He has 8 years, it has only been a month.

I like the relationship to the press, and the way Pharma, Medical and even the military machine is scratching their heads.
They do not know if the lovey dovey relationship is still there, may have to sing for their supper now.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Sounds like a bunch of egotistical nonsense. So just another day in Trumpland then.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
2,500 soldiers died while serving under Obama. But the media and Liberals here never want to bring that up. "they signed up they knew what was at stake blah blah blah..."

Soldiers die while server under Trump and it's "OMG Impeach him this is insane unprecedented we can't survive like this"

It's so predicable.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
He gave himself an 'A?'

Does that surprise anyone?

Sigh.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
of course he did, has anyone ever heard a sitting president say so far I have sucked at my job?

I have heard a few say after they were out I could have done X or Y better, or this was the wrong move... but while in office never.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

To be president there has to be a sense of narcissism. In fact to be successful in life there has to be a little narcissism.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Is that what you are telling yourself these days to excuse Trump's verbal diarrhea?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I guess, did you have a problem with Obama's? Bush's?

They all talk for a living, Obama's main issue was with LEO and southern whites.

Obama's latest comments about “Southern Whites” is exactly why the Democrats lost the election

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I am going to throw out an anecdotal story...

When I was a flight engineer you know what one of the most covered bits of my training was... not technical, not mechanical..

It was it did not matter if one wing had fallen off the other was on fire and we were seconds from impact I was to talk to the people in the back of the plane like I was discussing the weather, you could not show fear, anxiety... never let them see you sweat kind of thing.

the president is the same way... I dont care if he is on TV and he gets told the very building he was in was seconds away from being hit with a Nuke, his job would be to look into the camera and smile and say everything will be ok.

So of course he will say he has an A... just like Obama said the ACA was great for everyone and continued to defend it after the truth started filtering out... or Bush after 911, you smile you act calm and you keep moving forward.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Trump is tooting his own horn

Nothing new there then , He's saved the GOP according to his twitter.

GOP now viewed more favorably than Dems, in Trump era
twitter.com...

In the same way that VD is viewed more favourabley than Herpes I guess.

Trump restated that he has a thick skin

Lol.
If he had a thick skin he would attend the White House Correspondents' Dinner instead of shying away from it , let them have their fun and move forward.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Obama didn't lie through his teeth about easily provable things or disparage previous Presidents just because he's having a hard time in the news. I didn't like Bush much. Especially as an orator, but he is Winston Churchill compared to Trump.

By the way, neither of those two are Presidents right now. Trump IS the President right now and according to your thread here he just said those things. They are egotistical nonsense. As per the usual with Trump. A bunch of random claims that have no baring on reality and little policy details. Stop deflecting because Trump said something dumb and inane.

If you want to tell yourself things to keep from seeing that Trump is an unhinged maniac, do you. But all I see here is just more of the usual inane banter.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think he did in fact keep the Repubs from splintering. The Repubs have put up TPTB candidates and were not popular nor what the people wanted. The voters spoke, Trump is president.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Come now, lighten up, this is just politics.

Do you think that Reagan, Bush1, Clinton, Bush 2, Obama has made a difference for the common person?

Nope, they are in it to win it for the 1%.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I believe Reagan was the most corrupt President since Nixon, but yes I feel he did good in places. Or at least he meant well. As for the rest, I certainly agree they had their own successes with the public.

Nothing is perfect, but if you think Trump is preferable to any of the Presidents you just listed, then you are crazy.

Sorry guy. I'm not a blind hater who just hates because the alternative media/Trump told me to.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Right, it's been 30+ days, time to give up.

Sorry guy. I'm not a blind hater who just hates because the alternative media/Trump told me to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join