It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JSF arrives in Australia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Suprised this hasn,t made it here sooner..

Just before 5:00pm on Monday, the Royal Australian Air Force landed two F-35s at Amberley Air Force Base outside Brisbane, after flying the fifth generation fighters from their current home in the United States.

With the haters in the country (probably more than the states) howling down its inception and purchase by the RAAF its good to see a couple arrive..I doubt it will be long till they are sent up north to tangle with the Superbugs on training missions..
F35s arrive in Auss

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

They're early. They weren't supposed to arrive until the 3rd. Tanker must have moved its mission up.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They were advertising them for the Avalon air show along with F22s . Not sure but i think the first growler turned up as well .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

The Growlers went down with the F-35s. They made their debut already. The F-35s will debut in a couple days.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I was quite surprised at their price , dont let the public know how much they cost . Well you can as most of the public has no idea what our military is doing . Pretty sure i read somewhere they might opt for more down the track . Well thats the case with all of the RAAFs planes .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

They can use more Growlers. You can never have too many good EW platforms.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You can never have too many good EW platforms.

Pretty sure they kept their options open . Fighters , heavy lift , tankers , EW , P8s . At the moment there are no caps that i have heard about .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You'll be interested in this.

Australia commits to NGJ development.
edit on 2/28/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I hope they come down to Williamtown...not far from Brissy as the Lightening flies, any Aussie know if I should be 'working from home'?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Twelve of the original 24 SH we ordered were wired up on the production line as Growlers. Converting them would be a relatively simple operation, and in fact that was supposed to happen. For some reason though when it came time to commit to raising a Growler fleet the RAAF elected to purchase an additional 12 new builds. So we could double the fleet quite quickly if we choose in future.
edit on 1-3-2017 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Im glad trump mentioned the f35 lastnight the way he did.

I think...no i KNOW people will be suprised in the years to come whwn she spreads her wings and opens her eyes.

top topics

join