It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A few Questions to People who Support "Illegal Immigration and Unvetted Immigration."

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

This thread is a strawman:

A few Questions to People who Support "Illegal Immigration and Unvetted Immigration."

That isn't a thing. Humane treatment and possible amnesty for people who've been here for a long time, along with supporting current enforcement methods doesn't mean that you support illegal immigration or unvetted immigration. Recognizing that even illegal immigration has complicated and nuanced effects on local and state economies isn't supporting illegal or unvetted immigration.

In fact, where does this "unvetted" part come from? That's a new one. In any case, stop inventing our arguments for you to attack.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Ha,ha, the propaganda. First, who is against immigration enforcement? The laws have been there for years but the corporations and construction trades would have lost their slave labor. Everify is not difficult or expensive but very effective but few businesses use it. Businesses and farmers are predators too who invite illegals. Mass deportation is too much like Nazi's, it just is.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So you're actually saying that if someone has been in a country illegally for numerous years then its ok and they should be given amnesty? Does length of time count then? What length of time is suitable for granting amnesty? So if a career burglar is caught he could claim "well been doing it all my life let me off guv!" Illegal is illegal end of
edit on 28-2-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

So you're actually saying that if someone has been in a country illegally for numerous years then its ok and they should be given amnesty? Does length of time count then? What length of time is suitable for granting amnesty? So if a career burglar is caught he could claim "well been doing it all my life let me off guv!" Illegal is illegal end of

I think that first you should stop weighing crossing a border as the safe level of transgression as burglary. Second, there is legal precedent for amnesty when Reagan did it in the 80's. Why don't you look up how he did it?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I have and I know about the old amnesty. Approximately 1.5million given amnesty if they had arrived before 1982 as opposed to doing the same today which will probably mean around 5million or more.

Illegal immigration is a crime so why not liken it to burglary which is another crime? These people are circumventing the legal process making it very very difficult for those who go through all the correct procedures. Why should anyone apply legally if they can just pop into the USA stay a while then claim amnesty? THAT sets a bad precedent

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, saw a NBC headline not too long ago saying how restaurant owners were marching in support of undocumented immigrants. Color me shocked.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I have and I know about the old amnesty. Approximately 1.5million given amnesty if they had arrived before 1982 as opposed to doing the same today which will probably mean around 5million or more.

Illegal immigration is a crime so why not liken it to burglary which is another crime? These people are circumventing the legal process making it very very difficult for those who go through all the correct procedures. Why should anyone apply legally if they can just pop into the USA stay a while then claim amnesty? THAT sets a bad precedent

Jaywalking is also a crime. Why not liken it to that? Speeding is a crime. Why can't we liken it to speeding?

We have categories of offenses in this country and there is no way that crossing the border is as serious offense as burglary.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Christ on a stick....it was an analogy one of many I could have made but you decide to jump on the analogy and not tackle the issue which is if you start giving amnesty legal applications will drop and illegal will increase. Fair enough that's the way you want to play it I'll leave you to it. Not my country anyway

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

We need to liken it to what it is....a crime in and of itself.
Jaywalking and speeding are crimes that if you get caught, you pay a fine and go on your merry way.
Getting caught illegally crossing a border is a more serious offense than those two things.
The penalty should definitely be more than just paying a fine and continuing on your way illegally in the same country.
Deportation is the only penalty that fits. And while they are still here in custody, I guess you can give them instructions on how to LEGALLY come into this country so you don't upset anyone.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

That works all well and good for one or two people getting caught, but with the numbers of illegals we find rises, the complications increase. Country of origin, humane transportation, scheduled pickup by the receiving country, costs, resources allocated (fuel, vehicles, etc). Eventually you have to start prioritizing deportations and this is where things like the DREAMers act came from or Reagan's amnesty. Things aren't as cut and dry as we'd like to believe them to be.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

This thread is a strawman:

That isn't a thing. Humane treatment and possible amnesty for people who've been here for a long time, along with supporting current enforcement methods doesn't mean that you support illegal immigration or unvetted immigration. Recognizing that even illegal immigration has complicated and nuanced effects on local and state economies isn't supporting illegal or unvetted immigration.

In fact, where does this "unvetted" part come from? That's a new one. In any case, stop inventing our arguments for you to attack.

Lol nuanced and complicated? Yes they are people yes they have lived in our country for years however the real question is have they ever tried becoming citizens of the united states at any point? When a blanket amnesty happened did these people simply say ok time to become an american's or did they simply do nothing thinking i dont need to income pay taxes or i dont need to have insurance?

I'm all for allowing them to become citizens if they want too! What most pro illegal, no borders people fail to understand or actively know and dont care about is that some of these people dont want to be american citizens! They dont want to get taxed, they dont want to pay health insurance, they dont want to pay into the programs they take advantage of with stolen ss cards or not be able to get government funding because they didnt pay into it!

Right now if united states of america said ok you can became a citizen only like 40 or 30 percent would take advantage! I know that the children born in mexico raised here illegally till 18 will take advantage and have witnessed 2 people go through the process to become us citizens.

But lets be honest here. If a law was passed that said illegal aliens already living here had one year to register to become citizens . That once they are a citizen they are not eligible to receive government funding for 5 years in regards to housing, food stamps or anything else. They would cry racist, nazi xenophobic ect!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Hmm that's a good point. I've never actually thought people wouldn't want to become citizens before

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
Lol nuanced and complicated? Yes they are people yes they have lived in our country for years however the real question is have they ever tried becoming citizens of the united states at any point? When a blanket amnesty happened did these people simply say ok time to become an american's or did they simply do nothing thinking i dont need to income pay taxes or i dont need to have insurance?

I'm all for allowing them to become citizens if they want too! What most pro illegal, no borders people fail to understand or actively know and dont care about is that some of these people dont want to be american citizens! They dont want to get taxed, they dont want to pay health insurance, they dont want to pay into the programs they take advantage of with stolen ss cards or not be able to get government funding because they didnt pay into it!

More like we compare the some to the total and see that the some isn't as big of an issue as people are making it out to be.

Right now if united states of america said ok you can became a citizen only like 40 or 30 percent would take advantage! I know that the children born in mexico raised here illegally till 18 will take advantage and have witnessed 2 people go through the process to become us citizens.

I'm interested to know where you got those statistics you just sited. Not from your ass I hope.

But lets be honest here. If a law was passed that said illegal aliens already living here had one year to register to become citizens . That once they are a citizen they are not eligible to receive government funding for 5 years in regards to housing, food stamps or anything else. They would cry racist, nazi xenophobic ect!

Probably because such a law is illegal and unconstitutional. We don't have "trial period" citizenship in this country. You either are or aren't a citizen.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
From the mind and logic of the rather great Thomas Sowell

Immigration laws are the only laws that are discussed in terms of how to help people who break them. One of the big problems that those who are pushing “comprehensive immigration reform” want solved is how to help people who came here illegally and are now “living in the shadows” as a result. What about embezzlers or burglars who are “living in the shadows” in fear that someone will discover their crimes? Why not “reform” the laws against embezzlement or burglary so that such people can also come out of the shadows?

edit on 28-2-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

(post by digital01anarchy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
Goodness knows what their eyes have witnessed in their young lives. They were lovely people and deserve better.

God bless them.

They make their living scamming people.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm a moron am I? Well I'm done talking to you then. You clearly said nothing I want to hear anyways.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I like how y'all babble about undocumented people not contributing, never bringing up they spend money here like everyone else on food and gas and everything else it takes to live here regardless of how they earn the money they spend.

...Don't look too close and consider that if the people who hire them didn't hire them, they wouldn't come at all, and then proceed on with that line of logic, where could that possibly lead...?...

They contribute whether they want to or not just like everyone else is FORCED to.

Passports?, are you fricking serious?. Mexico is physically attached to the US...You want a national ID but you don't want to grow big government bigger?, well, you better pop your head outta your ass and get a clue...

Your monetary system is the cause of all your problems in the US and the rest of the world. You're given this 'Illegals" and "immigrants" nonsense to keep you from looking in the right direction.

I don't want to have to present papers to go out and ride my goddamned bicycle across the country just because so many of my countrymen are so #ing stupid they seek things to fear that are not there and make no difference anyway.

Well just stay safe and sound in your #ing house in front of your TV or computer...Wait, that's about all you do anyway.

Never Mind.

WAKE TF UP!.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Some people don't realize that there are those that don't stand a chance of becoming legal even if they file the applications. Amnesty changes that and that is why you see a huge number apply then.

Then there are those who can't legalize their immigration status no matter what.

ETA: As for the OP. It's a video of people leaving without the need to be deported. Seems like an argument in favor of open borders instead of closed borders since it seems to be self regulating.
edit on 28-2-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

RE: your ETA

Self regulation? LOL!
I look at it more like locusts. Once they are done destroying one field of crops they move on to the next.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join