It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal would install abortion exhibit in Mo state capitol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Repub house member Mike Moon wants a history of abortion exhibit installed next to ta slavery exhibit in the state museum at the capitol in Jefferson City.
He says that the constitution used to say slaves were 2/3rds a person parallels an unborn developing baby not being a human being until the first breath.

This is a controversial exhibit that Mike Mooon Repub house member wants installed. He has filed the proposal to display the history of abortion.

A measure in the Missouri legislature calls for a controversial exhibit to be installed in the state museum at the Capitol in Jefferson City.

Republican House member Mike Moon of Ash Grove has filed a proposal to create a display representing the history of abortion.
www.missourinet.com...

The exhibit will show old tools used to perform abortions. The installation of the new exhibit next to the slavery exhibit is supposed to show the connection between the two and Moon feels it is a condition of being human.

It specifies the exhibit feature tools used to perform abortions and be placed near the history of slavery exhibit. Moon says the connection between slavery and abortion is the condition of being a human being.

“The constitution stated that they would only be three-fifths of a person” said Moon. “Many people say an unborn developing human baby is not a person until he or she takes her first breath. So there is a comparison there that we’re actually stating that they’re not humans.”

The tools will be on loan from the abortion exhibit and can be seen online. Moon is also putting forth a measure that life begins at conception, and he calls it "person-hood" bill that calls for a constitutional amendment.

According to the release from Moon, many of the tools that would be loaned to the museum for the abortion exhibit can be seen on abortioninstruments.com.

Another one of his measures, referred to as a “personhood bill”, calls for a constitutional amendment declaring that life begins at conception.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Moon is asking for the government to get involved in something that it has no business in meddling with. The man needs a pie in the face.

edit on 27-2-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Pie? In his Face?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

good point, defund planned parenthood.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I agree with that too. Govt should not be for or against abortion. Its a personal choice.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Wonder if the tools of the abortion trade are going to scare the living hell out of people.

Like this little sweetheart.

Or this honey.
called Embryotomy Scissors
This instrument is used to cut off the head, arms and legs.

edit on 27-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
this is GREAT.
im a libertarian, its none of my business.

but prochoicerz have to come to grips with reality.
if they think its nothing, then there should be no fear of an exhibit.

if they want their precious choice, then the choice should be for everything.

since it is none of my business, i also have to let the pro lifers get a chance to show an exhibit.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

what's that? the neckbreaker?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

A good idea implemented in a horrible way. The general public needs to know the history of abortion. It is not a modern issue. Abortions have been performed since at least Roman times. This is a medical procedure like any other. It carries a cache of horror it doesn't deserve.

Now, the lawmaker that wants to implement this. He is living proof of the reason we need the above. His plan is utterly counterproductive and will delay the inevitable. Placing this exhibit in connection with slavery is an insult.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

They did not give a name to that one, look like it would leave a mark though.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Humbaba

To you

This is a medical procedure like any other. It carries a cache of horror it doesn't deserve.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Then in the Slavery exhibit they should display the torture implements and whips the white folks used to torture the Black slaves.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Do you know if it does or doesn't?

Is abortion torture?

Slavery would have to show boats, auctions, and (somehow) violation of human rights.
edit on 27-2-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
A few years ago the Smithsonian in DC had a reproductive health exhibit. It focused on how the pill changed lives for women. Touched on Roe Vs Wade. It was great!

Funny how the intention behind something can change the information so drastically.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It's none of your business what choices a woman makes for her body. Plain and simple. None of your business

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
this is like PETA setting up a mock slaughter house next to a burger joint, it's just childish.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Humbaba

To you

This is a medical procedure like any other. It carries a cache of horror it doesn't deserve.

I know. I am a monster because I think differently than you. I do want to thank you for proving my point.

top topics

join