It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio investigation found 385 non-US citizens registered to vote, 82 cast illegal ballots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Less than 1% of the population of Ohio is illegal. California _acknowledges_ a huge percent of their population is illegal

Nothing in the report from Ohio says the incorrectly registered voters were undocumented immigrants. NOT ONE WORD.

Furthermore, if they were registered to vote, their vote WAS NOT ILLEGAL. The registration was improper, maybe illegal, but not the vote.

To register to vote, they must have demonstrated to the registrar that they were entitled to do so as citizens - this means that they were absolutely NOT undocumented. And almost certainly, those voters must have thought that they were entitled to register too - what would be the point of knowingly obtaining false documentation and then exposing it to possible detection completely unnecessarily?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: faint1993
a reply to: Snarl

Never said the democrats didn't try to steal the election.

Said it probably wasn't millions.

I also say it was probably under a million votes, many of those coming from California and some high illegal immigrant states that are liberal. In the Republican states, the governments are a little more strict on this kind of things I feel. I could be wrong on any part of this, there could be more than a million. I doubt if we will ever find out, I am sure that it is being covered up.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What is an acceptable margin of error for you? That he's off by 3.9 million people? 3.5 million? 3 million?

At which point will you accept that he wasn't even close and that as always he just says random stuff and people somehow cling to it and rationalize for him?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

What is an acceptable margin of error for you? That he's off by 3.9 million people? 3.5 million? 3 million?

At which point will you accept that he wasn't even close and that as always he just says random stuff and people somehow cling to it and rationalize for him?

How about we wait until there's a nation-wide federal investigation into the issue before we start projecting our own emotional shortcomings into the political rhetoric, aye?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Nothing in the report from Ohio says the incorrectly registered voters were undocumented immigrants. NOT ONE WORD.

From the OP

hundreds of non-US citizens are registered to vote

You are correct, it is not clearly defined in the article. I'd wonder how many are actually illegal immigrants and how many are over on work visas that decided it would be a good idea to vote?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Neither was Hillary if we go by what ACTUALLY counts for winning....her margin/percentage of loss there was almost exactly 25%....that's YUGE!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I'd wonder how many are actually illegal immigrants

My guess would be ZERO, but I don't know of course. I repeat myself: undocumented immigrants would normally avoid the risk of exposure at all costs. Trying to fool the voter registrar with fake documents isn't avoiding exposure - and to what end? What would a few dozens of votes among millions mean to them that would override their natural caution to stay out of the limelight? Its ludicrous. This means that they would almost certainly be the most law-abiding people in the country. No speeding, no shop-lifting, no drugs, no unnecessary illegal voter registration. People who think otherwise just aren't thinking clearly.

how many are over on work visas that decided it would be a good idea to vote

Again, I would guess zero. People on temporary work visas generally are aware that they are not citizens, and in the country temporarily, and they are aware of the restrictions they must adhere to in order to keep those visas. So again I doubt any of them would find it a worthwhile endeavor.

So who does that leave? LEGAL Immigrants. Green Card holders that were under the mistaken belief that their Green Cards granted them the right to vote. And once again I don't read any nefarious purpose into it, I just see people who misunderstand. The fact is that in some locations, Green Card holders CAN vote in local elections, but not in higher offices. It is quite easy to imagine that some can mistake permission to vote in a local election for permission to vote in any election.

I repeat, I don't KNOW any of this, I just don't see why one has to jump to the conclusion that these people must be illegal immigrants trying to swing the election. It just doesn't make sense.
edit on 28/2/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/2/2017 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I repeat myself: undocumented immigrants would normally avoid the risk of exposure at all costs.

If I was an illegal immigrant trying to avoid exposure, the things I would not do would include:

traffic drugs
traffic people
behead my competition
steal the identities of american born citizens

And yet all these things go on and you so brazenly declare that because voting requires showing up to a public location that these illegal immigrants are just staying home to remain undetected. So they're too afraid to vote illegally but they're brave enough to rob, rape, and murder innocent Americans.

Give me a break.

I repeat, I don't KNOW any of this, I just don't see why one has to jump to the conclusion that these people must be illegal immigrants trying to swing the election. It just doesn't make sense.

They show up to Trump rallies with Mexican flags, they physically assault and abuse real US citizens who are expressing their views via their constitutional rights, they claim that their rights are being infringed upon when in reality they don't have these rights because they came to this country illegally.

edit on 2/28/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
nil
edit on 28-2-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Sound logic, thanks for your input, I can agree with what you have said. We may know more if the reports are broken down further, I haven't searched for the info anywhere.
edit on 28-2-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm so confused. CNN told me that voter fraud was non existent and a right wing conspiracy theory.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: xuenchen

There is no voter fraud... It's another Trump lie no matter how much evidence there is. CNN said so.

Their source said so .

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Voter fraud? illegals voting are only part of the problem.

You also have dead voters. hello Chicago.
ijr.com...
People voting in 2 states.

Felons voting.

People voting under names not there own at the same time voting under there own name.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

By the millions!
By the bazillions!

Well, just enough to make sure that Trump didn't get the popular vote.

Right?

People voting in 2 states.

Felons voting.
Dogs and cats living together!

14 cases? Seriously?
edit on 2/28/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

14 cases? Seriously?

First it was - there's no evidence to warrant an investigation.

Now it's - there's not 'enough' evidence to warrant an investigation.

Infallible logic, as per usual.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

there's no evidence to warrant an investigation.

Strawman? Who has said that there is no voter fraud?

There have been numerous investigations. None of which have shown any reason to suspect widespread voter fraud. Some of which have shown isolated incidence.

Infallible logic, as per usual.
A strawman argument is a primary logical fallacy.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

There have been numerous investigations. None of which have shown any reason to suspect widespread voter fraud. Some of which have shown isolated incidence.

What about that PEW survey that showed over a million deceased individuals registered to vote?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

What about that PEW survey that showed over a million deceased individuals registered to vote?

How many of them voted?

But yes, there should be a systematic way of purging state voter rolls. How do you think it should be implemented? Do you think the feds should take control?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Isn't that what the Federal Election Commission is tasked to do?

I think a good start would be lay-offs over at the FEC.

edit on 2/28/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Isn't that what the Federal Election Commission is tasked to do?

Actually, no. It isn't. (Easy enough to find that out.)
www.fec.gov...

It is the responsibility of the states to manage their voter rolls. You have a problem with states rights?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join