It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Men Should Pay 5% Extra In Taxes Because They’re Privileged

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

wth are you going on about? how did this even start, because i mentioned that white people got triggered by a borderline satirical article that was meant to trigger white people? get a grip man.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

wth are you going on about? how did this even start, because i mentioned that white people got triggered by a borderline satirical article that was meant to trigger white people? get a grip man.

Satirical? You're aware this is a major part of demands by groups like BLM and POC groups at universities around the country? I also noticed you didn't answer a single one of my questions. What a surprise.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think I'm already paying about 22% more. I would love to only pay 5% more than them. That would be great!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
What if you're a mutt? 2.5%?

And who pays me?

Nobody pays you. You aren't "black enough". Maybe though, if you beg and genuflect and never look a POC in the eye, they will take that 2.5% off your taxes and let you sit at the cool kids table. Ok, ok, that wasn't nice to say, but even I'm frustrated by this reparations crap. If this article is true that is.

I'm all for respecting culture, and heritage but I don't owe African Americans anything because some of my ancestors owned slaves and I am morphologically representative of the majority. They are trying to counter one systemic form of racism with another. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Fellow One Drop mutt here; only I have a few traces of a few things. It would seem many of my ancestors had a bent toward the exotic throughout the 1800's. Nice to meet you.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

This was combed from a Wesplain source. This shows up at the bottom of the article

Wesplain features insights and anecdotes from those with counter-culture views. Users submit their content and we publish it. Submit your insights and we just might feature you.

In other words, this is just some random yahoo on the internet the website decided to give attention to because they wrote a shocking opinion.

PS: This

UPDATE (2/27): We have reached out to the author of this article. They have confirmed that if you were born white, but identify as a different race or otherkin, you would be void from paying the Equality Tax. You would just have to submit proof that this transformation is genuine.

This is known as satire.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Get a grip man! You sound like you can use a drink!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It also, at least in my reading, carries a very subtle sense of satire ... not unlike Johnathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."

You noticed too? This is almost definitely satire and all the right wingers on ATS got triggered over it. Mission accomplished as far as the satire is concerned.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Everyone laughs but the next Democrat Pres nominee will run on something like this. They'll make it a small amount just to get it passed. 1%. 2%. The catch is over time they'll jack it up to much higher rates.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sure. What's white though? How far back do we go to determine who is "white". Do black people with albinism pay the extra too? hahaha

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'm not going to pay a bunch of people more of my money when none of my ancestors ever had a slave.

If only I could get hired for my skin color. I've been rejected for employment more times than most people have been called the N-word. That's because most employers think I'm a joke with a name like Tarzan. They also don't like that I say I come equipped with so many skills. They also don't like that I don't keep up to date in sports, so I have no way to persuade the interviewers. Out of the many jobs I did have, I was the best worker by far... But I was always lied to and ignored. That's because no one likes somebody who is truly strong, fast, and accountable. Everyone else might have to work also!

Yeah. Skin color my ass, which is the only white skin I got.

So I started my own businesses.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Everyone laughs but the next Democrat Pres nominee will run on something like this. They'll make it a small amount just to get it passed. 1%. 2%. The catch is over time they'll jack it up to much higher rates.

It's posts like this that this satire was written for. You want to believe SOOO badly that this is true that you purposely fool yourself so you can pitch a silly strawman based on a joke.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Well, I didn't choose to be white, so my parents should cover my 5%. They didn't choose to be white, so their parents should cover my 5% and my parents'.... and so on.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: PlasticWizard
So it's not OK to feel like another race but it is OK to feel like another gender?

Rachel Dolezal self identified as black, and worked her way to the top of the naacp. They found out she was white and fired her. But it wasn't racist...

I wonder if this was the pilot for the "You are what you "Think" You Are", program. They know if they throw the prey into a comfortable stew and slowly turn up the heat, it works so darn well; especially after they have been desensitized and tenderized.

I take that back. I remember my parents telling me that age old lie that, "You can be anything you want to be", when I was a kid. I guess they just amped that lie up with steroids.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If we're going to pay anyone it should be the NAs, but only if they give up fleecing idiots who gamble.

What was done to them was far more barbaric than slavery.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Huh. And what is it that you believe?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
If we're going to pay anyone it should be the NAs, but only if they give up fleecing idiots who gamble.

What was done to them was far more barbaric than slavery.

Which is precisely what I was saying earlier.

Where is the outcry over the Dakota pipeline? Or any of the OTHER times these people have been screwed?

Or any of the other times MY families people have been screwed?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
Sure. What's white though? How far back do we go to determine who is "white". Do black people with albinism pay the extra too? hahaha

"WHITE" is a visual target for stupidity, hatred, and self victimization.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If I said americans of african descent needed to pay a tax to repay victims of crimes, there would be outrage.

If I said americans from India owe a tax to repay the victims of lost jobs, there would be outrage.

On, and on, and on..... ad nauseum.

What you think, you become. What you say, if you say it often enough, you'll eventually do it. Simple fact is, this kind of sentiment, sarcasm or not, is not acceptable. If we actually wish to overcome these issues and become a single people, to be Human, we have to leave this sort of thinking behind. It is divisive. It is corrosive.

It is just as racist as anything ever done to any minority out of malice.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The world cries out "GO EQUALITY!"

Initiate unequal taxes.

Must be a joke. I was considering a technical post going into why white males have an advantage and that things are levelling out and will take time for the white privilege to simmer down to equal privilege. But i dont think this is the thread to go into that. Lets leave the stat that majority of suicides are white males, privilege does not equal happy.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

originally posted by: superman2012

"WHITE" is a visual target for stupidity, hatred, and self victimization.

Weird isn't it.

Change the label, and the same thing has been said by every minority that has ever lived.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join