It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Abu Sayyaf militants behead German Hostage in the Phillipines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

After the deadline for a $600’000 ransom had expired, 70 year old Jurgen Kantner was beheaded in a video of the killing.
Both The Phillipines and Germany confirmed and condemned the Monday beheading of the elderly captive by Abu Sayyaf militants tied to ISIS. They posted a video of the execution after a deadline for his ransom passed, Reuters reports.

The video depicted a machete-armed militant who beheaded Kantner, following a plea for help in two short video messages, claiming he would be killed if the ransom was not paid. Jesus Dureza, presidential adviser on the Phillipine peace process, stated officials had gone through all possible methods to save Kantner, who was held on the tiny island of Jolo in the southern Sulu province.

BREAKING: Abu Sayyaf militants behead German Hostage in the Phillipines

I have never heard of the Abu Sayyaf militants that are tied to ISIS. But apparently they like to chop off heads too when ransoms are not met. This is what happened to a German man after the $$$ was not paid.

Abu Sayyaf – “Bearer of the Sword” – is a radical Islamist organization and with the Philippines being so unstable, they make $$$ from laundering money from piracy and ransoms to the tune of tens of millions.

The Philippine military said they will track down the terrorists, a little late for the the 70 year old German who head was chopped off.
Germany condemned the act.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Another Group with ties, training and funding linked directly to Saudi Arabia.

Just google and you'll start seeing all kinds of things.

Again, why do we keep targeting North Korea and Iran when Saudi Arabia is our biggest problem?

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I was SEA SME in military intelligence. ASG is really just a glorified criminal organization that uses islam as an excuse to conduct illegal money raising activities.

They will kidnap anyone they think they can get a ransom for and if it isn't paid, they will behead them so that people know their threats are not idle...

Jaden

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
RiP. I'm in full rage mode now. I condemn them all to hell. I better stop typing before i'm going to explode.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have never heard of the Abu Sayyaf militants that are tied to ISIS
[/quote Consider them a CIA/GladioB group www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-2-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

yet SA not in Trump new "axis of evil" countries...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You should google "Rodrigo Duterte drug addicts"

I wonder who has killed more innocent people, The President of the Philippines or that terrorist group.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingMonkeyInSpace
a reply to: Perfectenemy

You should google "Rodrigo Duterte drug addicts"

I wonder who has killed more innocent people, The President of the Philippines or that terrorist group.

I'm german and i know who Duterte is thank you very much. I guess Merkel was to stingy to pay up but we pump billions into another countries. I'm rooting for the family of the hostage that they go after her.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Are the muslim savages going to eat him too?

ISIS CANNIBALS: Terror group are teaching their fighters to EAT non-Muslims

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

yet SA not in Trump new "axis of evil" countries...

You mean SA was not in Obama's old "axis of evil" countries.

Trump's administration has not had time to put together their own list yet, that is why they relied on Obama's list for starters.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Again, why do we keep targeting North Korea and Iran when Saudi Arabia is our biggest problem?

So if an Albanian criminal learned his trade in the UK it's therefore the UK government who are to be condemned?

I'm in NO way offering support to Saudi Arabia or giving them an out-of-jail card but one has to be a bit realistic and think logically about such things.

History is littered with thugs doing the bidding of nation-states, the idea of the "Letter of Marque" isn't new, point being... I wish you good luck proving Saudi Arabia is officially supporting terrorism.

Just like my British government in the 1600's, if a criminal acts in a negative way to the rule then they are condemned, hunted and hung. It'll be no different with terrorism today.

Gotta be realistic, many dream of the house of Saud falling. Fact is they play an accepted game.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Apparently he was also kidnapped in 2008 and him and his wife was released for a ransom.

I mean, he kind of asked for it, not justifying the beheading, but really really stupid to go back and get kidnapped a second time.

Source Google translate

Just over a year ago, Kantner and his wife, Sabine Merz, were once in Somalia - involuntarily, as hostages of brutal pirates. For 52 days, the pirates kept the Germans in the mountainous hinterland in their power and always pretended to kill the two. "This was the worst experience of my life, they always intimidated us," Kantner says of the abduction. Allegedly, 600,000 dollars (445,000 euros) ransomed before the couple freed in August 2008 again. Nevertheless, Kantner and Merz have now returned to Somaliland, the internationally unrecognized republic in the north of Somalia. They want to return their yacht, the "Rockall". "My boat is my life, and I do not want to lose it, pirates and governments do not care," says the passionate sailor, recovering from the repair work on his yacht at the port. The burly man sips sweet tea, with his wife at the table and a Somali friend who speaks German.

The sailor is aware that the Gulf of Aden is currently the world's most dangerous area for seafarers. Since he and his wife had been abducted at sea, pirates captured about 50 more ships. "It's a bit like suicide," he says dryly.

"But I pray to God that the pirates will not snatch me again." Kantner thought to buy a rifle, "but I have not made a decision yet". He does not think much of the international attempt to secure the Gulf of Aden by war-ships. He would be very different from the pirates: "If you catch one, hack his hand, if he tries to run away, then shoot him." Islamic law is the only punishment they understand.

edit on 27-2-2017 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Oil

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If you wanna stop ISIS, somebody, eventually is going to have to ask, or tell, or make Saudi Arabia cut the crap.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

So if an Albanian criminal learned his trade in the UK it's therefore the UK government who are to be condemned?

I'm in NO way offering support to Saudi Arabia or giving them an out-of-jail card but one has to be a bit realistic and think logically about such things.

History is littered with thugs doing the bidding of nation-states, the idea of the "Letter of Marque" isn't new, point being... I wish you good luck proving Saudi Arabia is officially supporting terrorism.

Just like my British government in the 1600's, if a criminal acts in a negative way to the rule then they are condemned, hunted and hung. It'll be no different with terrorism today.

Gotta be realistic, many dream of the house of Saud falling. Fact is they play an accepted game.

It's there though. If it was just this group then you'd be right. But most of the 9/11 terrorists came from Saudi Arabia, Osama Bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia promotes Wahabism throughout the world...Wahabism is the fundamental belief of Boko Harem and more. There have been links to ISIS from Saudi Arabia, the San Bernadino Terrorists visited Saudi Arabia before coming back to mount their attack.

It's just over and over again the ties are there.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I agree but again if an Albanian career-criminal learned his trade in the UK, even if he has not so provable links with MI6. It doesn't make the UK government liable, you'll have a damn hard time proving they are complicit either.

If ISIS trained on the Moon it doesn't make the Moon complicit in ISIS atrocities, even if the Moon is a Wahhabist.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
For crying out loud....is there a country left on the planet that DOESN'T have a group of Islamic Militants?
And there are still people out there that doesn't think this is a problem

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I agree but again if an Albanian career-criminal learned his trade in the UK, even if he has not so provable links with MI6. It doesn't make the UK government liable, you'll have a damn hard time proving they are complicit either.

If ISIS trained on the Moon it doesn't make the Moon complicit in ISIS atrocities, even if the Moon is a Wahhabist.

I see what you're saying but I think this is a bit different than your example. Not just one incident but dozens of not hundreds. And then there is Wahabism the pseudo Islamic religion that almost every single Islamic terrorist adheres to.

And yes all countries are implicit in international terrorism but you have to start somewhere. Saudi Arabia is that first choice. There isnn't a more hateful backwards country in the world.

edit on 27-2-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
If you wanna stop ISIS, somebody, eventually is going to have to ask, or tell, or make Saudi Arabia cut the crap.

~Tenth

I agree Tenth.

But are we not hypocrites for demanding that Saudi Arabia pick up the crap they spattered all over the Middle East, didn't the US buy Russian guns and hand them to Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

It's all wrong in a very sick and twisted way, Saudi Arabia has worked with the best (or worst) in this very field of guerrilla warfare, insurgency without accountability.

One can simply claim it wasn't us, if evidence shows up it becomes a pissing match on who supplied the most devious of humanity.

Chechen rebels, Al Qaeda, Farc rebels... It doesn't matter because nobody is knocking it off and the crap is the illusion that one group of people killing others is somehow better than the other group killing people.

As long as the long arm of governments can convince useful idiots to kill others then an ISIS will always exist. Who funded them quickly becomes semantics.

Because if it ain't the Saud's it might be the Brits, the Pakis, the Chinese, the Koreans, the Russians, the Americans, Cubans, Argentinian, Libyans, Get my point?

Maybe I'm deluded but I don't think all Saudis are actively supporting terrorism, just like I don't believe all Muslims are terrorists. Nor have I ever met an American who bought an Afghan an AK-47.

It's clearly far more complex than that, the dubious masses are usually controlled by the highly informed few.

They want us thinking simply.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It's just a means to an end.

I'm sure many a freedom fighter/terrorist believed in his/her cause, do you honestly think those pulling the strings give a crap about sect?

Because I don't.

Just like I learned that the Arab world didn't really give a crap about Palestine, it was just useful for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join