It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 50 years now and the Malmstrom AFB ufo encounters still stands the test of time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Robert Salas was a young missileer at Malmstrom AFB in Montana about 50 years ago back in 1967 when this ufo sighting happened. And he will never forget what happened there and what it was he saw. He was resting one night when two security guards alerted him to some strange lights in the sky. He thought the guards were kidding.

He described what he saw :

This time he was clearly frightened, extremely frightened,” Robert says. “He was looking right at the thing, a glowing red object, oval-shaped and some 40 feet in diameter, and it was hovering above the front gate.”

Salas has written two books about this experience, "Faded Giant", and " Unidentified, the UFO Phenomenan." I need to check into these books.
This was back in 1967 this incident happened.

Missiles at this AFB were rendered temporarily inoperable during this incident.

The next day he was ordered by Commanders never to talk about what happened the day before.
He said that haunted him, for a very long time. He goes on to comment about the experience:

“It was an unidentified flying object that nobody could explain. To this day,” he says. “The Air Force investigated this secretly, I believe through 1972. I think this thing was not of this earth. I’m convinced it was not built here, because it was able to send signals to each of our missiles separately. The guidance and control equipment was upset in each one.”

This,” he says, “is a real phenomenon. It’s not science fiction. The public and public media has kept it pretty much in the laugh track of reporting. It hasn’t been taken seriously. But I’ve got a lot of evidence that shows it truly did happen. And also involving the Air Force investigation and basically the whitewashing of the whole thing.” He says the decision to remain silent bothered him for decades, for the rest of his military service and subsequent working career in the public sector. Then one day in 1994 he came across a book by Timothy Good called “Above Top Secret: The Worldwide UFO Cover-Up,” and about 300 pages in discovered a paragraph stating that UFOs were involved in a missile shutdown in 1967. That’s the night he was on duty. The Air Force had declassified the information.

Salas talks about the cover up:

Ever since I’ve been committed to revealing the reality of this phenomenon,” Robert says. “This is something the public needs to know and believe in. The public needs to know that it’s true and that there has been an ongoing cover-up. That’s why I’m committed.”

He said there was another incident that happened at another AFB, and another ufo incident was in 2010 in Cheyenne, Wyoming were nuclear missiles malfunctioned.

Ever since I’ve been committed to revealing the reality of this phenomenon,” Robert says. “This is something the public needs to know and believe in. The public needs to know that it’s true and that there has been an ongoing cover-up. That’s why I’m committed.”

The Air Force,” Robert says, “is in denial.” But why? “Well, I can tell you a couple reasons,” he says. “No. 1 these objects can do some pretty fantastic things and it would have military applications if they were able to recover an object and deconstruct it. They consider the technology they’ve gleaned from them (very significant), and I’m confident they’ve recovered many of these items. “Another issue is that it’s an international cover-up. UFO incidents been going on for many, many years, and there must be an international group, in intelligence, obtaining this information and sharing it. The other aspect of why they keep it a secret is because it’s political capital between nations.”

Salas had thoughts about anyone who scoffed at his conclusions:

I’d say they should do their homework before making such statements,” Robert says. “Not only myself, but multiple Air Force officers have come forward talking about similar incidents. So it’s not just me talking about this. “There is good evidence and plenty of documents and testimony that support the phenomenon.”

source link
edit on 27pm28pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27pm28pm5091 by data5091 because: typo

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

I grew up about 80 miles from Malmstrom. While I have never seen anything unusual, I know many people in that area who have; particularly in the 50's and 60's. This includes my dad. These aren't squirrely people that are prone to flights of fancy either; real salt of the earth, practical thinkers.

I have no idea what they're seeing, or why it's so prevalent in that area, but good grief, there is some weird stuff that goes on.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Ufo's are seen at all kinds of military installations all over the world, but have been especially attracted to bases with nuclear missiles or technology. This has been going on for a very very long time. But especially in the 1940'-1960's time frame.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This incident has always interested me too. I need to do more background on it. Haven't gotten around to Salas's book.

I do remember reading ( an interwebs account so take with a grain of salt) that when the silos all went down an on call team from Lockheed Martin , The manufacturer of the ICBMs, were called in to trouble shoot. They did a full soup to nuts analysis of the systems and assessment of what went wrong and how.

I remember it saying that Lockheed Martin final report said the only way the missiles could have gone to "on go status " in that time frame and in succession with the evidence they found was if every silo hatch was by-passed, manual entry made into the warhead then melting of individual data cables inside the missile. Then leave no evidence other than the damaged data cables.

Maybe just internet rumor . If anyone else can confirm or have heard that part of the incident any insight is appreciated.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

Thats a very interesting rumor. I have not heard of this at all.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

National security alone is a practical reason to cover it up. Even if it was not humans.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Sadly, I am much more analytical of UFO reports nowadays, than I have been in the past.

To me, the first sentence does not even make sense.

"A glowing Red object, OVAL SHAPED and some 40 FEET IN DIAMETER"....??

An object, shape whatever, CANNOT be Oval Shaped AND have a "DIAMETER" measurement.

It is either Oval Shaped, and is 40 feet by 20 feet, oval (example).

OR

It is ROUND or CIRCULAR or SPHERICAL and has a diameter of 40 feet across.

SO....Was this object "Round" with a diameter OR was it "Oval" with a length and width of different dimensions.

AND, How can the eye witness's make a mistake, as to whether it was Oval or Round....two totally different shapes.

Yes, I know Im being critical, but this is why the whole phenom is being questioned more........people's descriptions are not always accurate....

As far as knocking out the missile guidance systems....sound like an ElectroMagneticPulse type of weapon, which the USA has been experimenting with since the 50s.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I hope these same Aliens intercede when some crazy leader in this world decides to launch a nuke.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have always been interested in the UFO and Nuke connection.
Here are a couple of books that I have that are pretty good reads -
This one is expensive on Amazon but I purchased it directly from the authors website for half the price after contacting him via email some years ago.
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488240486&sr=8-1&keywords=9781434398314#cu stomerReviews

www.ufohastings.com...

And this one devotes the first few chapters to Malmstrom AFB and other northern tier AFBs that had sightings around the same time -
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488240546&sr=8-1&keywords=0131366564#customerR eviews

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I hope these same Aliens intercede when some crazy leader in this world decides to launch a nuke.

If they really wanted to help out humanity, they would help us rid the world of religion.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
one of the rare good cases

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Sadly, I am much more analytical of UFO reports nowadays, than I have been in the past.

To me, the first sentence does not even make sense.

"A glowing Red object, OVAL SHAPED and some 40 FEET IN DIAMETER"....??

An object, shape whatever, CANNOT be Oval Shaped AND have a "DIAMETER" measurement.

It is either Oval Shaped, and is 40 feet by 20 feet, oval (example).

OR

It is ROUND or CIRCULAR or SPHERICAL and has a diameter of 40 feet across.

SO....Was this object "Round" with a diameter OR was it "Oval" with a length and width of different dimensions.

AND, How can the eye witness's make a mistake, as to whether it was Oval or Round....two totally different shapes.

Yes, I know Im being critical, but this is why the whole phenom is being questioned more........people's descriptions are not always accurate....

As far as knocking out the missile guidance systems....sound like an ElectroMagneticPulse type of weapon, which the USA has been experimenting with since the 50s.

I'm guessing it was oval shaped and forty feet across in its longest dimension. That's the immediate and unambiguous impression I get when someone describes an oval forty feet "in diameter".

I don't think the fact that he uses the word "diameter" when referring to an oval has any bearing whatsoever on the likelihood that the event occurred as he described. He apparently just assumed that he could use that word and people would not be confused by it. He assumed wrongly, it seems.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Yup, it was well pulically recognozed back then......kinda the ....well ok then, they can interfere with friggin nukes in the silos........

Both bases were like a week or less apart....from what I perceived...

So...oh yes.....''twas like totally accepted then" some details were irrefutable from the witnesses....

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
After some research I found this CUFON report which mentions info on the investigation of why it happened:

" Declassified Strategic Missile Wing documents and interviews with ex-Boeing engineers who conducted tests following the E-Flight Incident investigation confirm that no cause for the missile shutdowns was ever found. Robert Kaminski was the Boeing Company engineering team leader for this investigation. Kaminski stated that after all tests were done, : “There were no significant failures, engineering data or findings that would explain how ten missiles were knocked off alert,” and “…there was no technical explanation that could explain the event.”

The most that could be done was to reproduce the effects by introducing a 10 volt pulse onto a data line. Another Boeing Company engineer on the team, Robert Rigert, came up with this pulse that repeated the shutdown effects 80% of the time, but only when directly injected at the logic coupler. No explanation could be found for a source of such a pulse or "noise" occurring in the field and getting inside the shielded missile system equipment."

Pretty interesting if true.

web.archive.org...://www.cufon.org/cufon/malmstrom/malm1.htm

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Also this about EMP :

Several military activities and other engineering firms participated in the investigation, but no positive cause for the shutdowns was ever found, despite extensive and concentrated effort. One conclusion was that the only way a pulse or noise could be sent in from outside the shielded system was through an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) from an unknown source. The technology of the day made generating an EMP of sufficient magnitude to enter the shielded system a very difficult proposition, requiring large, heavy, bulky equipment. The source of the actual pulse that caused the missile shutdowns remains a mystery to this day.

Again:

www.cufon.org...

edit on 27-2-2017 by Paddyofurniture because: Link

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

If a object is disc shaped when seen from above, it may still have an ovoid cross section, but it still has a diameter. Please don't be a tard.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I agree with that, along with getting rid of all these world leaders who are bent on engaging in conflict instead of peace.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: WeRpeons

If they really wanted to help out humanity, they would help us rid the world of religion.

Wow, really? You think religion is the biggest problem for humanity? Wouldn't even make my top 10.

top topics

join