It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there such a thing as Mastering the universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Life has been rather interesting, I first asked myself at a very tender age of 9(if my memory serves me well) who says everyone isn't just a thought of mine? What could ever suggest to me that the vast majority isn't just my imagination. These days I've found myself with a bit more knowledge and understand that everyone's perception of the open world is different, this applies not to just humans but all forms of life. For our system interprets the information that's passed to us and then displays our vivid image of reality.

So this lead me to ask the question, 'Is there really such a thing as mastering the universe', by that I mean, Is there ever a point where we will know everything and just live in bliss? I ask this because, as with anything, we cannot say it does or doesn't exist until we discover it and have definitive proof. But it seems no matter how far you go, there will always be more. So for example, we find an element, we find that the element is made up of atoms, then we find atoms are made up of protons, neutrons & electrons, then we find quarks. And the bigger the machine or more efficient our tools, the more things we will find, it's essentially micro science madness, because the human brain will never be able to process the idea that there is "Nothing" at the extreme base of creation. We wouldn't be able to interpret that 'nothingness' and so our brain will forever create a place holder, so at what point do we stop? And this also expands out into larger universe, we will see an infinite expanse and never an end to it as we cannot process the idea of a physically created barrier or the thought of nothingness.

I hope I got that out right.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hmmm, maybe, if you have a sword and hold it into the air and....

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Hahaha, that was exactly what I was thinking!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Yes, but then i'd have to kill you.

edit on 27-2-2017 by luckskywatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Grey Skull!

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

No... You can't master something we will never fully learn or understand or experience... that learning curve will always be there... And we will always have more to learn forever.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I think we may get to a point where we have an understanding of "everything." Whether or not we would even know is another story.

Even then though, I am not sure there will ever be a point that our tools stop advancing. Its like we have these building blocks, and the only limit is our imagination. And, of course, we can also change the very building blocks.. Who knows just where that will go. I suspect it is literally beyond our imagination at this point.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Planets n stars n crap are particles that detect waves. Just like inside a smaller body. Not much more worth remembering, except that their are 2 types of waves to be ridden, fundamental and refractory.

Looking into space for humans. I wonder if skin cell inhabitants do the same as in galactic cells...

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't think there will ever be a time where we as a species will know everything, there's just too much to know and the rabbit hole never ends in my opinion. No matter how far down we go there will always be that much deeper to dig because that's how fractals work, and in my opinion the universe is fractal in nature, the upper mirroring the lower and vice versa.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Much of what you say is akin to Zen, but Zen is only half of Enlightenment. The other half is perfectly described in the Dhammapada chapter I. If you wish to find the meaning of life, even if you have never sat in Zazen Meditation, you can find the other half simply by serving others with compassion and love. Research the term Bodhisattva. If you can read Dhammapada with an open ear and mind, then all other Mysteries of reality will begin to be seen by complete meaning. This is not religion. Religion is what you do for others. This is Philosophy, or a love for wisdom. Wisdom allows you to then understand all other Dharmas (universal natures) with clarity. For me, this has been the path to understanding. From this, I find the other half in meditation (listening) and prayer (speaking).

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

In reference to "ZEN" our fellow member above addressed? Another perception is we ARE the Universe. Part of the whole. The greater "ALL".

You know now in life that which once you didnt understand...and after today you will understand more from today...tomorrow...and so it continues....

You want to understand and be the "master" your universe? Accept all things. Positives and negatives. All have a piece of us all...and all in their places...though true...some fall out of balance either way....

In many ways...you are right now the master of your own universe. Now. Right now...always continue to grow, to learn, and be....

Peace, Love 'n Light...........MS

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yes...I personally don't think there is any such thing as mastering the universe... And just as personally wouldn't want it if it did.

What does exist-this which I am learning to accept instead of seek- is mastery of self, like the video that tomorrow posted says... And once you have mastered the inner the outer will follow

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I contemplate this often.
It always boils down to mastering ultra complex DNA and RNA in order to reveal pre existing code or coding our own order to lessen suffering and limit limitations.
Steady study on genetic code over time would lead to eventual "God-hood".
That combined with honor and something close to altruism would make for a more desired outcome, in the human condition.

I'm talking limitless experience like levitation, telepathy, telekinesis... Etc
But elaborated, this includes the cautious collaboration with powers that be that have placed centuries of commitment into the activation of said evolution.
That's a delicate thread to hold.
But if you can imagine enough... Like x-men movies... Only a proper deliberated and just collaboration could lead to the consummation of it all to lift the entire race to Grace.....

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge
And I doubt the lower force would negotiate with minimal ploy,
Wouldn't be much of a challenge now would it

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
ye just leave something for the next gen to work on and keep doing that for millions of years lol

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
In relation to my beliefs we all are a part of the infinite present and through transcendence can access all things this way.

Though while we can have such experiences putting them into words is another story.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It better to ride a tidal wave then trying to stop it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You know how it is with Beliefs...

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Breathe. Uni/multiverse in...un/multiiverse out. When breath ceases it will then support you within and without in the same manner as you invited it to dwell within and without. Dwell there instead of in thoughts, and it will always welcome you in infinity the same as you welcomed it.

No matter how tight the embrace it will loosen for another in a state of constant awareness of being; no different than itself.

top topics

join