It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy alert: DNC verified voter IDs before chairman election

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Then you did not vote, so you could not possibly be charged to vote.

Now if needing an ID infringes on your rights, do we also not need to give free ID for gun purchases? If it can't cost money to vote, it should likewise not cost money to get a gun.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
a reply to: xuenchen

And speaking of hypocrisy, notice how they built fences and walls around the Oscars. And I didn't see any illegal aliens in the audience.

They were likely hired to construct and take down those fences and walls.

Meryl surely houses immigrants given all the support she talks about.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

ID for gun purchases is a States Rights issue.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
So let me understand this. The right complains about voter fraud and how the left allows anyone to vote (3+million illegals), and when they decide to check IDs to appease you children, you now accuse them of being hypocrites?

Psychopath logic.

They are only vetting votes of politicians within the DNC, not votes of U.S. citizens.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Very GENERALLY spesaking some Democrats have said, for a number of reasons in different situaltions, that requiring a specific form of ID when one hasn't' been required before, can act to suppress certain kinds of voters (like those who can't get such an ID in time, etc.)

Why would anyone wait "every time we can vote" to get a voter ID right on election time? People should be vetted so only ellegible voters can vote. Unless those people have moved they don't even have to change their voter ids... Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. It is only an excuse not to vet people to vote, which would allow massive fraud.
edit on 28-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
do we also not need to give free ID for gun purchases?
I don't think the 2nd amendment guarantees a persons right to 'purchase' a gun, just the right to own and bear.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

My argument? You've picked on a tiny portion of what i said in making my argument that I've already clarified.

Here, I'll state my actual argument again for your convenience:

Democrats have been concerned about Voter ID requirements being used to suppress voting unfairly.

Taking steps to verify the validity of their election for Chairman is not hypocritical, particularly in light of the bad press, some deserved, that the DNC received after some events during the Primaries.

Working to make sure that an election is validated, and working against those who are attempting to suppress voting is not the same thing and it certainly isn't "hypocritical."

I've said over and over again that as long as Voter IDs are made readily accessible to citizens and as long as there's no charge for them, I think requiring identification to vote is fine.

All you did was pick one phrase that had nothing to do with my argument and try to say "Huh uh."

Trivial nit-picking doesn't do much for your argument.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

In that case we need to also make the day of the vote a holiday as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

I don't think the 2nd amendment guarantees a persons right to 'purchase' a gun, just the right to own and bear.

So then I can just go get one and carry it with me and not pay any registration fees or fees for permits and I am good?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

It can't be a State's right issue if it's a Constitutional guarantee. Back on the merry-go-round we go ... ID for voting is a State's Rights issue. You can't pick and choose which one you follow and which you don't.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

we are NOT taking you " out of context " nor " picking on " a " tiny " part of your " argument "

FFS - the drivel of " voter suppression " - has been known to me for 18 years - and EVERY election the " not enough time to get ID " canard is wheeled out

you cannot honestly reuse the " insuficiant time " excuse for 5 presidential elections on the trot

but hey - certain people have done just that

and then whine when the obvious is pointed out to them

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The inability to acknowledge their hypocrisy is a fun sight to watch.

They will talk themselves to the grave.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It can't be a State's right issue if it's a Constitutional guarantee. Back on the merry-go-round we go ... ID for voting is a State's Rights issue. You can't pick and choose which one you follow and which you don't.
Where in the constitution does it guarantee a persons right to "purchase" a gun?

It seems permits to purchase and registration of firearms differs from state to state;
Wiki Gun Laws
edit on 3/1/2017 by Devino because: added link

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So then I can just go get one and carry it with me and not pay any registration fees or fees for permits and I am good?
I don't think you need a permit to carry just to carry concealed. Registering a firearm is required for new purchases. Is it required to register guns you already own? If yes then do you need a photo ID to do that?
edit on 3/1/2017 by Devino because: content

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I don't think you need a permit to carry just to carry concealed. Registering a firearm is required for new purchases. Is it required to register guns you already own? If yes then do you need a photo ID to do that?

If i do not own one I still have a right to bear arms. So using your defense, how can I be charged for acquiring one? There should not be any fees to bear arms.

ETA: There is also a background check .. do I have to pay for that? If so that can't be legal.

In fact, in five states, it can cost anywhere from $5 to $100 just to be "eligible" to purchase or possess a firearm.

www.outdoorlife.com...
How is that legal?
edit on 1-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Where in the constitution does it guarantee a persons right to "purchase" a gun?

Probably in the Commerce Clause.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

If i do not own one I still have a right to bear arms.
I would hope so.

So using your defense, how can I be charged for acquiring one?
I think it's a valid argument to differentiate between purchasing and owning a firearm. I don't think it would be unconstitutional for a gun dealer to refuse to sell you a gun. If the 2nd did in fact protect ones right to purchase, then restricting one from doing so would be, or should be, considered unconstitutional.

There should not be any fees to bear arms.
I agree, maybe someone should challenge Illinois state law since they do not allow open carry and require a permit to own.

In fact, in five states, it can cost anywhere from $5 to $100 just to be "eligible" to purchase or possess a firearm.

How is that legal?
I don't know. Perhaps Ill's and Washington DC's gun laws are unconstitutional.

My point was I feel there is a big difference between showing ID to purchase a gun and showing ID to vote, constitutionally speaking.

edit on 3/1/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Any precedent?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Any precedent?

Barter

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Hypocrisy alert: people complain about DNC not being strict enough on voter ID's, then complain when they are more strict on voter ID's. Lack the self-awareness to realize the idiocy of doing so.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join