It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy alert: DNC verified voter IDs before chairman election

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

originally posted by: Gryphon66
As a side note, I believe in requiring Voter identification at the polling place.
If any part of obtaining a voter ID costs the voter money then this could be considered unconstitutional, wouldn't you agree?

This seems to be the point that most fail to understand. If people want to make ID required to vote to help prevent an almost none existent problem then make getting these IDs easy and free as to not potentially conflict with the 24th amendment.

I am fine with the ID being free, and then anyone not using it to vote is then charged.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So you would say that the multiple investigations at the State level that have found little or no evidence of in-person voter fraud should be ignored? These are conducted basically every year by State Republican Administrations.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UKTruth

We know more now. Every investigation of in-person voter fraud in multiple states for decades have shown the same results.

That said, I am not opposed to providing proper identification to vote.

There was a long thread on the investigation... it's based on analysis that some believe and others don't. Like most other issues these days the acceptance of said report is based on political affiliation. Either way, Sessions' investigation should put the matter to rest once and for all.

No, it's not a matter of belief. The BUSH JUSTICE DEPARTMENT conducted a 5-year investigation and found no evidence of significant in-person voter fraud.

Dozens of REPUBLICAN State governments have done the same thing.

No, it's not a partisan belief matter, at least in terms of the results of actual investigations.

As I said, a study carried on election data showed up to 2+ million illegal voters - in 2008.
As for Bush, I hardly think he is a good source to initiate an investigation after he cheated to win the Presidency.

Please cite that study.

It's been cited several times on several threads. I am not going over it again.
The bottom line is there is going to be an investigation and we'll see what it turns up.
Even if it turns up nothing, voter ID laws make sense to ensure it doesn't happen in any significant way in the future (as long as the ID's are free and easily accessible).
The DNC enforced voter ID's for the same fundamental reason - they did not want to outcome swayed by people who should not be voting.

Oh. Okay, can you provide the name of the study then? Anything to give me a hint? Typically, if we make a claim we don't mind citing the backup for it.

An investigation by the Trump Justice Department? LOL. Okay.

Voter ID laws only make sense if the State accepts all reasonable types of identifciation, and insures that all citizens have equal access to acquring the ID.

The OP suggested that the historic reservations that Democrats in general have had against most of the implementation of Voter ID laws was hypocritical in light of requiring clear identification and validation of ballots at the conference.

This is false equivalency, as I have pointed out.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Voter ID laws only make sense if the State accepts all reasonable types of identifciation, and insures that all citizens have equal access to acquring the ID.

What do you think about my idea of the ID is free, and if you do not vote with it, you get charged.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So you would say that the multiple investigations at the State level that have found little or no evidence of in-person voter fraud should be ignored? These are conducted basically every year by State Republican Administrations.

LOL!!....see what you did there?

in-person voter fraud

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

What do you think about my idea of the ID is free, and if you do not vote with it, you get charged.

Seems like needless bureaucracy and therefore unnecessary growing of the government to me Occ.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

LOL!!....see what you did there?

in-person voter fraud

Is there a point, or are you going to continue to deflect? What kind of voter fraud are you concerned with?

Astral voter fraud?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes. There was a point.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Yes. There was a point.

And what was it?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Seems like needless bureaucracy and therefore unnecessary growing of the government to me Occ.

You just said they make sense if all citizens can get the ID. I come up with a way .. and you don't like it.

Sounds like you just enjoy the fact people illegally vote for your preferred party if you are against a system that gives total free access to ID's to anyone who can vote legally.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh, and we were doing so well. I prefer less bureaucratic solutions when possible.

States should provide Voter IDs in convenient locations and at no cost. Period.

There is no evidence that any significant number of ineligible people vote at any level, much less at the national level. If you have some, demonstrate it.

edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling. Grammar.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Are you by chance referring to this 2014 publication?

Election Fraud in the 2008 Indiana Presidential Campaign: A Case Study in Corruption - Heritage Foundation

Election fraud and voter fraud are not the same thing. IDs in general do nothing to prevent election fraud.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I am fine with the ID being free, and then anyone not using it to vote is then charged.
What do you mean "charged"? If that means money then NO! It would then potentially be in conflict with the 24th. NO POLL TAX!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

We know more now. Every investigation of in-person voter fraud in multiple states for decades have shown the same results.

That said, I am not opposed to providing proper identification to vote.

There was a long thread on the investigation... it's based on analysis that some believe and others don't. Like most other issues these days the acceptance of said report is based on political affiliation. Either way, Sessions' investigation should put the matter to rest once and for all.

No, it's not a matter of belief. The BUSH JUSTICE DEPARTMENT conducted a 5-year investigation and found no evidence of significant in-person voter fraud.

Dozens of REPUBLICAN State governments have done the same thing.

No, it's not a partisan belief matter, at least in terms of the results of actual investigations.

As I said, a study carried on election data showed up to 2+ million illegal voters - in 2008.
As for Bush, I hardly think he is a good source to initiate an investigation after he cheated to win the Presidency.

Please cite that study.

It's been cited several times on several threads. I am not going over it again.
The bottom line is there is going to be an investigation and we'll see what it turns up.
Even if it turns up nothing, voter ID laws make sense to ensure it doesn't happen in any significant way in the future (as long as the ID's are free and easily accessible).
The DNC enforced voter ID's for the same fundamental reason - they did not want to outcome swayed by people who should not be voting.

Oh. Okay, can you provide the name of the study then? Anything to give me a hint? Typically, if we make a claim we don't mind citing the backup for it.

An investigation by the Trump Justice Department? LOL. Okay.

The OP suggested that the historic reservations that Democrats in general have had against most of the implementation of Voter ID laws was hypocritical in light of requiring clear identification and validation of ballots at the conference.

This is false equivalency, as I have pointed out.

You pointed it out, but you were wrong. The rationale for what the DNC did was exactly the same as those that call for voter ID laws for all elections - to stop people voting who should not be.

Thread on the investigation - not worth repeating the same on this thread... it ran to 68 pages!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Oh, and we were doing so well. I prefer less bureaucratic solutions when possible.

States should provide Voter IDs in convenient locations and at no cost. Period.

There is no evidence that any significant number of ineligible people vote at any level, much less at the national level. If you have some, demonstrate it.

How is yours any less bureaucratic than mine? I am all for convenient locations. All for free ID to vote. I am not for free ID to not vote. If a State opted to do it I have no problem, just not my preferred solution.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

What do you mean "charged"? If that means money then NO! It would then potentially be in conflict with the 24th. NO POLL TAX!

How is it a poll tax when you have no charged if you vote? Explain.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Who decides who votes and who doesn't? Who records it? Who bills for it? How is the billing handled? How are payments taken and processed? Who does collecions?

Etc. etc. Answers to those questions point to the unnecessary bureaucracy I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I think the OP's argument has to do with showing your ID to vote yet I have found no evidence that this happened doing the voting at this conference.

This is what I found.

I would like to use paper ballots...
verify every name and signature...
Do you equate this to proof that ID was required?
Furthermore, does this fall under the category of the 24th? This was a vote for the DNC chair, correct?
24th;

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

edit on 2/28/2017 by Devino because: spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Recorded at time of vote. That is how you ensure the same person is not voting multiple times. I imagine it could be added to filing for state taxes, or checked the next year when you get your new card. Not going to bother spending weeks figuring out the best way to do it as it's irrelevant. The process need not be difficult.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Devino

IF it is unconstitutional as you claim, explain the States that have it ... Wisconsin anyone?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join