It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy alert: DNC verified voter IDs before chairman election

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Except we know it happens. To my knowledge it has never been vigorously pursued to find the extent of the problem.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Except we know it happens. To my knowledge it has never been vigorously pursued to find the extent of the problem.

Really? I could have sworn you've taken part in these discussions before ...

In 5-year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - NYT

This was a nationwide investigation of voter fraud conducted over 5 years by the Bush Justice Department. (GW).

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Really? I could have sworn you've taken part in these discussions before ...

In 5-year Effort, Scant Evidence of Voter Fraud - NYT

This was a nationwide investigation of voter fraud conducted over 5 years by the Bush Justice Department. (GW).

We'll know more once Jeff Sessions has completed the investigation.
Regardless, issuing ID's seems like a sensible precaution against illegals voting.
I actually agree with the DNC moving forward on voter ID's for elections.
edit on 28/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

We know more now. Every investigation of in-person voter fraud in multiple states for decades have shown the same results.

That said, I am not opposed to providing proper identification to vote.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

We know more now. Every investigation of in-person voter fraud in multiple states for decades have shown the same results.

There was a long thread on the investigation... it's based on analysis that some believe and others don't. Like most other issues these days the acceptance of said report is based on political affiliation. Either way, Sessions' investigation should put the matter to rest once and for all.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

There was a long thread on the investigation... it's based on analysis that some believe and others don't. Like most other issues these days the acceptance of said report is based on political affiliation. Either way, Sessions' investigation should put the matter to rest once and for all.

No, it's not a matter of belief. The BUSH JUSTICE DEPARTMENT conducted a 5-year investigation and found no evidence of significant in-person voter fraud.

Dozens of REPUBLICAN State governments have done the same thing.

No, it's not a partisan belief matter, at least in terms of the results of actual investigations.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Ironic hypocricy at it's finest at the DNC meeting where they "elected" a new Chairperson.

The "election" was apparently going to be done done "electronically" but the "acting" Chair Donna Brazile said there was problems.

She insisted the vote be done with paper instead.

Her "reason" for paper you ask?

Well it was for validation and checking everybody's IDs !!!!
Looking over your links I failed to find where it was stated that ID was required to vote. "Use paper ballots" to "verify every name and signature" does not equate to requiring IDs to vote. Perhaps you have another source.

I checked a few other sources and found this.

One wonders if the Democrats required photo identification to enter this meeting
TownHall
Yes, we are all left wondering, at least those of us that happen to ask the question.
Use paper ballots so they can later identify and recount the votes? Sounds good to me.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

And maybe you should read it again.

Most of those charged have been Democrats, voting records show. Many of those charged by the Justice Department appear to have mistakenly filled out registration forms or misunderstood eligibility rules, a review of court records and interviews with prosecutors and defense lawyers show.

In Miami, an assistant United States attorney said many cases there involved what were apparently mistakes by immigrants, not fraud.

But the federal cases provide little evidence of widespread, organized fraud, prosecutors and election law experts said.

“There was nothing that we uncovered that suggested some sort of concerted effort to tilt the election,” Richard G. Frohling, an assistant United States attorney in Milwaukee, said.

So if 5 million ineligible immigrants/illegals all choose on their own to vote illegally, that is not organized fraud. So we would have 5 million votes that should not happen, and your argument (theirs) is that there is no organized fraud so who cares.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oh. I see you're intentionally being dishonest. Nevermind.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

No, it's not a matter of belief. The BUSH JUSTICE DEPARTMENT conducted a 5-year investigation and found no evidence of significant in-person voter fraud.

I just quoted your source. They found no significant ORGANIZED voter fraud. That was also 15 years ago. Or do you think nothing has changed in 15 years?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Being dishonest by QUOTING YOUR SOURCE? Explain.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

As a side note, I believe in requiring Voter identification at the polling place.
If any part of obtaining a voter ID costs the voter money then this could be considered unconstitutional, wouldn't you agree?

This seems to be the point that most fail to understand. If people want to make ID required to vote to help prevent an almost none existent problem then make getting these IDs easy and free as to not potentially conflict with the 24th amendment.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Occam, the report says there was no finding of widespread voter fraud. You are picking at the nit of one word "organized" ...

Are you claiming that the Bush Justice Department found millions of "independent" incidences of in-person voter fraud and just ignored it?

Also, basic math. The Times article is from 2007. 2016-2007= 9.

In the intervening years, as I also said, dozens of States (with Republican adminsitrations) have investigated in-person voter fraud and have had similar results.

It is dishonest to suggest that 5 million or so in-person incidences of voter fraud have gone unnoticed, then or now.

Thanks for the conversation.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

As a side note, I believe in requiring Voter identification at the polling place.
If any part of obtaining a voter ID costs the voter money then this could be considered unconstitutional, wouldn't you agree?

This seems to be the point that most fail to understand. If people want to make ID required to vote to help prevent an almost none existent problem then make getting these IDs easy and free as to not potentially conflict with the 24th amendment.

Unconstitutional in what way? That the price of the ID is a tax? Interesting challenge.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

Let's pull that up for the folks to read ...

Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Indeed. Excellent argument for providing that any ID used or required for voting should not require any payment or undue expense to the voter.

edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No, it's not a partisan belief matter, at least in terms of the results of actual investigations.

As I said, a study carried on election data showed up to 2+ million illegal voters - in 2008.
As for Bush, I hardly think he is a good source to initiate an investigation after he cheated to win the Presidency.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

As I said, a study carried on election data showed up to 2+ million illegal voters - in 2008.
As for Bush, I hardly think he is a good source to initiate an investigation after he cheated to win the Presidency.

Please cite that study.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Occam, the report says there was no finding of widespread voter fraud. You are picking at the nit of one word "organized" ...

It is dishonest to suggest that 5 million or so in-person incidences of voter fraud have gone unnoticed, then or now.

Because the word is there, and it has a meaning.

I did not suggest there was 5 million. Not at all what my post says. I said hypothetically 5 million could vote and it could not be organized. I was making the number crazy to show how weak the argument about no organized fraud is.

As I also said, 15 years is a long time. Are you suggesting nothing could have changed in 15 years? did the IRS encourage identity theft by illegals 15 years ago?

IRS Admits It Encourages Illegals To Steal Social Security Numbers For Taxes
www.forbes.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

Unconstitutional in what way? That the price of the ID is a tax? Interesting challenge.
Yes, that has been the argument as far as I understand.
24th amendment;

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Indeed!

Everything has changed. The beast has grown tentacles that reach deep. Obama's promise was to fundamentally transform America. The problem is, he did it in secret, behind closed doors, and within. When the American People caught on to his real intentions, all they could do was cast their votes to stop him in 2014, then all the way in 2016.

So, he went underground operating behind the scenes. People, we have a mess inside our government. It is full of traitorous leakers and globalist operators that don't give two sh*ts about America or the American people. They are trying their best with the help of their friends in the media and entertainment to bring down the current administration, the one The American People elected to drain the swamp and do what it takes to get our country back on track.
edit on 28-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Please cite that study.

It's been cited several times on several threads. I am not going over it again.
The bottom line is there is going to be an investigation and we'll see what it turns up.
Even if it turns up nothing, voter ID laws make sense to ensure it doesn't happen in any significant way in the future (as long as the ID's are free and easily accessible).
The DNC enforced voter ID's for the same fundamental reason - they did not want to outcome swayed by people who should not be voting.
edit on 28/2/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join