It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy alert: DNC verified voter IDs before chairman election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Look guys, just STOP.

The FACT of the matter is, if ILLEGAL immigrants(that means people who have entered the country ILLEGALLY) are not allowed to vote in ANY country's general election, then that country is racist and bigoted.

I'm pretty sure that's what the "majority" ( if you include California) are saying.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
It was a party election. It makes sense that only registered party members would be allowed to vote in it. But as always, you choose the most biased sources to skew the narrative.

That is why they are the hypocrisy party. And because they will never acknowledge their own hypocrisy, they will always be hypocrites. Thanks for proving that point in advance

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It was a party election. It makes sense that only registered party members would be allowed to vote in it. But as always, you choose the most biased sources to skew the narrative.

This was so bad I actually believe you are trolling.

I don't believe a human mind can actually twist and contort in this way.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

And making sure that only registered, and eligible voters are allowed to vote doesn't make sense to you at all?... That's a double standard... and I guess is not biased on your part to decide when "voters" should and should not be vetted.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
edited to not derail thread
edit on 28-2-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: edited to not derail thread.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So let me understand this. The right complains about voter fraud and how the left allows anyone to vote (3+million illegals), and when they decide to check IDs to appease you children, you now accuse them of being hypocrites?

Psychopath logic.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

just WTF ?????

which part of :

" certain elements in the DNC wants voter ID and verification for INTERNAL party elections ONLY "

dont you comprehend ?

and you acuse others of " psychopath logic " ??????????????

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Anyone want to go beyond faux-outrage and partisan nastiness and actually discuss the topic?

Xuenchen suggests in their OP that it is hypocritical for Democrats at a meeting to verify that those voting have the right to vote.

Very GENERALLY spesaking some Democrats have said, for a number of reasons in different situaltions, that requiring a specific form of ID when one hasn't' been required before, can act to suppress certain kinds of voters (like those who can't get such an ID in time, etc.)

For example, here is a summary of the arguments made from the ACLU.

The equating in the OP of opposing voter suppression via Voter ID requirements and requiring that members prove their identity to register and vote at a conference is absurd.

edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchenI was listening to the Progressive Channel on Sirius and this dingus woman was whining and making a sham argument about the evils of voter ID and how its done to prevent people from voting. It was ridiculous and her arguments were beyond lame.

edit on 28-2-2017 by Dutchowl because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I cant speak for everyone obviously and wouldnt want to try to...

But as I read it, certain segments of the Democratic party swear that voter fraud is a myth or in such small numbers it is not worth the time or money to prevent it..

Then turn around in such a small grouping (where I would think it is much easier to control access to voting) and demand voter identification to vote in a party election that sparks the hypocrisy claims.

ETA: versus 120+million people across 9.8 million KM of the US.

at least for me..

edit on 28-2-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

dear sir // madame - how long does it take to get an ID document

i only ask - because this :

like those who can't get such an ID in time,

" argument " has been going on since the bush // gore presidential election

the " agrument " itself is now old enough to vote
[ if it had ID ]

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It was a US election. It makes sense that only registered citizens would be allowed to vote in it.

Right?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Very GENERALLY spesaking some Democrats have said, for a number of reasons in different situaltions, that requiring a specific form of ID when one hasn't' been required before, can act to suppress certain kinds of voters (like those who can't get such an ID in time, etc.)

So you enact the law a year before elections. Or does it take longer to get an ID?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: shooterbrody

WOW
Guess other elections should just let anyone vote then?

I'd like to see voter ID laws passed in New York and California, so I can watch the left lose their minds over a fair election.

have you read the laws California already has in place? if not, your point is moot.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: FelisOrion

just WTF ?????

which part of :

" certain elements in the DNC wants voter ID and verification for INTERNAL party elections ONLY "

dont you comprehend ?

and you acuse others of " psychopath logic " ??????????????

it doesn't matter to the right if you have an answer to their questions on ATS, it's only important to the right to keep asking the same question over and over, as if it HASN'T been answered.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I think you misunderstood. The post you replied to was showing Liberal hypocrisy. It's not agreeing with you.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
So let me understand this. The right complains about voter fraud and how the left allows anyone to vote (3+million illegals), and when they decide to check IDs to appease you children, you now accuse them of being hypocrites?

Psychopath logic.

Are you serious or are you joking? You really that blind? Don't even answer, it was rhetorical and i just wanted to tell you, get some help.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Psychopath logic.

Yes, because they say voter ID is bad .. then they use voter ID for THEIR elections .. and keep trying to prevent it from being used in other elections.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I don't think it's merely a matter of Democrats who know, for a fact, that investigations have shown time after time that, in elections particularly at the national level (say for President) the incidence of in person voter fraud at the polls is basically non-existent (or statistically insignificant.)

That's ... just a proven fact.

The Democrats, you might remember, just had an internally troubling time in the primaries. To my mind, this statement at the convention was a reaction to the overreaction on the part of some saying that the "DNC threw the primaries to Clinton over Sanders."

Comparing that issue with the overall issue of voter fraud at American polling places ... is simply false equivalency.

edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Several have asked me because of a turn of phrase in my post ... how long I think it would take to get a Voter ID.

That is basically irrelevant, and the focus of my argument is not how long it would take. As a side note, I believe in requiring Voter identification at the polling place.

My argument is that the statement in the OP that because Democrats are against Voter ID legislation that encourages vote suppression makes the actions at the DNC Convention/Gathering hypocritical is .... illogical, absurd, false equivalence, etc.

edit on 28-2-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join